• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't go to war with Russia and China if you are Russia and China.

Roll-Safe-1485964928-compressed.jpg

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Honestly Trump came this close to directly suggesting an artist actually shouldn't be allowed to use free speech.

Zereta

The Maddow thing is absolutely nothing and is already more or less forgotten. Healthcare is still a huge issue dominating the news

I've seen this a lot and I have to say, if we can't talk about more than one thing at a time in the news, that's a problem with those covering the news, not Maddow.

If media is covering Maddow story despite knowing healthcare is the bigger story, that's on the media.

https://www.apnews.com/581d6394e068...Secret-warrant-may-have-caught-hacker-contact

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's explosive allegation that Barack Obama wiretapped his New York skyscraper during the presidential campaign has left him increasingly isolated, with allies on Capitol Hill and within his own administration offering no evidence to back him up.

On Wednesday, Attorney General Jeff Sessions said he had not given Trump any reason to believe he was wiretapped by President Obama. Republican Rep. Devin Nunes, chairman of the House intelligence committee, said he had seen no information to support the claim and then went further. He suggested the U.S. president's assertion, made in a series of March 4 tweets, should not be taken at face value.

"Are you going to take the tweets literally?" Nunes said. "If so, clearly the president was wrong."

But Trump, in an interview Wednesday with Fox News, predicted there would be "some very interesting items coming to the forefront over the next two weeks."

Trump's allegations have put him in a potentially perilous position as congressional investigations into Russia's involvement in the 2016 election — and possible Russian contacts with Trump associates — ramp up. The FBI is also investigating.

If no evidence of wiretapping at Trump Tower emerges, his credibility would be newly damaged. If there is proof that the Obama administration approved monitoring of Trump or his associates, that would suggest the government had reason to be suspicious of their contacts with Russia and a judge had approved the surveillance.

The president, who appears to have made his allegation in a burst of anger, has asked lawmakers to investigate the claim. Lawmakers have since turned the question back toward the administration, asking the Justice Department to provide evidence of wiretapping activity.

The Justice Department missed a Monday deadline for providing the information to the House and was given a one-week extension.

Longtime Trump adviser Roger Stone told The Associated Press Wednesday that he believes his own online exchanges with a Russian-linked hacker were obtained through a special warrant that allows the government to collect the communications of people suspected of being agents of a foreign nation. Stone communicated through Twitter direct messages with Guccifer 2.0, a hacker who has claimed responsibility for breaching the Democratic National Committee.

Stone said he was unaware at the time that U.S. officials believed the hacker had ties to Russia. He said he is willing to testify before any congressional committee that holds its hearings "in public and not behind closed doors."

The House intelligence committee will begin holding public hearings on Monday. Nunes said FBI Director James Comey and Adm. Mike Rogers, the director of the National Security Agency, will testify.

Ahead of the hearing, the committee sent a letter to the FBI, CIA and the National Security Agency requesting details by Friday about Americans who surfaced in intelligence collections last year.

More info about Roger Stone:
http://time.com/4702146/roger-stone-russia-contact-warrant/

The Republican operative has acknowledged having a Twitter exchange with Guccifer 2.0, a hacker that U.S. officials believe has ties to Russia. Stone said he was "unaware at the time of the brief exchange of allegations that the hacker in question is suspected of being a Russian asset."
"I have no relationship with the Russian state, Russian Intelligence or any other Russians," said Stone, who split with Trump's campaign in August 2015 but remains in touch with the president.
Stone's messages with Guccifer 2.0 were first reported by the website The Smoking Gun. He said the story contains information that "could only be learned by surveillance of my domain and eavesdropping on my e-mail, phone calls and texts."
"If these where obtained through a FISA warrant as I believe and the information was leaked to the Smoking Gun, that would constitute a felony," Stone said. He also suggested, without evidence, the government had Trump under surveillance during the presidential campaign.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Those new Fox News polls are interesting.

Bernie with a pretty sizeable favorability rating (61/32), and a majority of Americans against Trump's travel ban. Elizabeth Warren with a 39/31 favorability.

Trump at 44/53, Ryan at 37/47.

Also, 35% approve of Trump's health care handling, 55% disapprove. Hilarious.

He doesn't have 30 years of controversy already on the books and is a good Bridge between the Bernie wing and the establishment.

Nah, Martin O'Malley is so hated by his home state (the most Democratic state in the Union) that they elected a Republican governor. He's trash and should stay there.

Guess he'll see them in court!. Hahahaha

A different court! With blackjack and hookers!

^
guess we finally gonna see what this clean coal is all about

also, no one wants that fucking wall lol
some memes should stay memes
just like that "lock her up" nonsense
idiots just love chanting shit

feinstein is most definitely running again. she wants to be included in all this.

plus, Boxer had already announced she was stepping down in January 2015 at this point before 2016.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
What on Earth will happen if/when Comey says that the FBI is straight up investigating Trump's Russian ties? I can't even imagine.

The "I'm going to give him a chance" bubble will burst for those people.

But it's protection field among the diehards won't lose much strength.

I don't think seeing a Democrat's response is of much value. Might as well be a result of "we know and we won't do shit" being said, for all you know. Now, if a Republican had that face, there might be something there.

pigeon

Banned
So the Dutch elections are confusing because they have so many parties, but the one thing that's clear is that Labour got crushed, the center-right party survived, and farther-left parties also did well.

Social democratic left is dying everywhere.

What on Earth will happen if/when Comey says that the FBI is straight up investigating Trump's Russian ties? I can't even imagine.

Donald Trump will release some irrelevant info, make some stupid comment to deflect. He will claim Obama is the Russian Agent. Russia slash Wikileaks will drop some more stuff about US Govt, or worst case, Trump invades some place under false pretenses or drops a nuke just to fuck us and the world over cuz he knows he's fucked.

PowerTaxi

Banned
So the Dutch elections are confusing because they have so many parties, but the one thing that's clear is that Labour got crushed, the center-right party survived, and farther-left parties also did well.

Social democratic left is dying everywhere.

Same thing happened here with Labour in the last election. (Ireland)

Basically don't be a junior partner in a coalition?

Blader

Gruco

Banned
Uh oh, bad news day for Trump, better accuse Obama of being the JFK assassin and brag more about your electoral college margin of victory (biggest since Reagan!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom