• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnson too I think?

I think for him it's because he's took the entire process personally when McConnell was dealing behind his back, and now he hates McConnell.

Yup. The whole point behind Johnson's opposition was that his feelings were hurt in the creation of the bill and the promises made regarding the bill after modification. I don't see how any of this was changed by lunch with Trump.

etrain911

I am convinced that health care is the Republican's windmill, especially Mitch McConnell. This was humiliating for him and probably one of the first time any R voters questioned whether or not he was truly this arcane wizard of the senate or just a guy who got really good at saying no and burning down the rules.

I am convinced that health care is the Republican's windmill, especially Mitch McConnell. This was humiliating for him and probably one of the first time any R voters questioned whether or not he was truly this arcane wizard of the senate or just a guy who got really good at saying no and burning down the rules.
The greatest irony of McConnell is how he was touted as this genius who understood the rules and norms of the Senate and how to manipulate them, when everything he's done has been accomplished by burning all of them down.

Gee he was so good at abusing the filibuster and then eliminating it!

I haven't been paying attention on this front, but I'm going to assume that, despite Bannon not wanting him, this is still bad news.

Edit: Yup, it's bad news. He called Flynn a patriot while claiming he was cleared of any leak RE: Russia

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/888420548493103104

As beniciliin also pointed out, he sounds like yet another person vying for Trump's fickle praise
Another sycophant who spends his time vying for his bosses good graces is bad news? He'll be another in a long line of ineffectual and combative douchebags with little to no understanding of how to deal with the press, push forward a unified message for the administration and combat the Russia narrative.

That's /great/ news.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It's also weird when you consider Collins and Paul aren't going to budge and McCain won't be back until after the recess, if he even comes back at all.

So... like... where's the path to passing this?

I will be shocked if McCain returns with his condition, I would expect him to announce he is stepping down, and a replacement put in place.

Lo-Volt

Seems like it's not just Bannon and Priebus:

Strange times -- I just went to ask @PressSec (@seanspicer) a question about @Scaramucci. He slammed the door in my face.

More knifing is just what this administration needs.

Loving it. LOVING IT.

Edit: oh shit, wow is this government exploding quickly.

I have it on good authority that Spicer left for health reasons. Terminal blockage of the small intestine. He hasn't dropped a deuce in weeks. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

giphy.gif

From Glenn Thrush:

.@PressSec resigned after vehemently objecting to appointment at 10 a.m. Friday of Anthony Scaramucci as WH Communications director, per SAO

Reince is next. I'm curious to see if Calamity Bannon survives after the release of the book by Joshua Green.

He was part of the Trump transition team as a "financial adviser" and was rumored for a role at Treasury. Hedge fund dude.

But now he's the communications director...

I get it. There were rumors a while back that Spicer would be moving up to Communications Director, but Scaramucci got parachuted in over him, so Spicey bounced. Kinda despicable that getting passed over for promotion is what finally did it tbh.

Anyway, tell-all when?

FyreWulff

But now he's the communications director...

I get it. There were rumors a while back that Spicer would be moving up to Communications Director, but Scaramucci got parachuted in over him, so Spicey bounced. Kinda despicable that getting passed over for promotion is what finally did it tbh.

Anyway, tell-all when?

I mean, just solidies that Trump wants people that are 10000000% loyal in the inner circle, not people that are technically qualified for the job.

Trump snubbing him for a Pope meeting was Trump doing his 'love me while i punish you' alpha shit.

I mean, just solidies that Trump wants people that are 10000000% loyal in the inner circle, not people that are technically qualified for the job.

Trump snubbing him for a Pope meeting was Trump doing his 'love me while i punish you' alpha shit.

Yeah, sounds about right.

I look forward to ever-more incompetent messaging from the White House.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom