• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vixdean

Bannon gonna realize eventually that the only reason he's kept around is as a living breathing dog whistle to Trump's alt-right support.

Ernest

Banned
Knowing the Orange Fuck, he'll probably ask for a NDA (doubt it's legally binding)
Except for classified info, no such thing as NDAs in the public sector. And the only way they work in the private sector is that they can withhold compensation or bring a suit in breach of contract. Again, besides classified info, no such contracts in the public sector.

Spicy will probably get a book deal and blab about his Trump experiences on late night talk shows. The worst of which will probably just be how Trump asked him to lie. Nothing no one already doesn't know.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Anyone know why Bannon, Spicer, and Reince, three people that usually aren't on the same page, all hate Scaramucci?
Bannon and Priebus at least care about getting policy enacted. Trump, his family, and the loyalists care about nothing more than protecting and boosting Trump.

... Doesn't the DNC just handle presidential.

Why would they be raising money.

From my understanding, DCCC and DSCC have a larger role than their Republican equivalents, who let the RNC handle most of the heavy lifting.

Part of why all the criticisms focused at the DNC in particular were kinda dumb, tbh.

Not to mention that if we're doing our jobs right most of the money is gonna be going to state parties ANYWAY.

And of course, you realize, the more RNC-aligned staff members leave or are pushed out by Trump loyalists the less reason Republicans have to keep Trump around.

If Priebus ever gets the boot? Who knows.

And of course, you realize, the more RNC-aligned staff members leave or are pushed out by Trump loyalists the less reason Republicans have to keep Trump around.

This is true. It's a step in weakening the President's hold on the Republican party, but I personally think losing Bannon would be more damaging to Trump's "brand" than losing Priebus.

Ernest

Banned
Special counsel Robert Mueller has asked the White House to preserve all documents relating to the June 2016 meeting at Trump Tower that Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort had with a Russian lawyer and others, according to a source who has seen the letter.

Mueller sent a notice, called a document preservation request, asking White House staff to save "any subjects discussed in the course of the June 2016 meeting" and also "any decisions made regarding the recent disclosures about the June 2016 meeting," according to the source, who read portions of the letter to CNN.

I wonder if the wording implies that the WH doesn't have to meet Mueller's request if they don't want to.

Ogodei

I don't think the breach is that major, but ditching Priebus would be an easy way to get the RNC to think twice about covering Trump's legal fees.

pigeon

Banned
Reince and Bannon have been on the sameish page since mid-March if I remember correctly. Largely as an attempt to counterbalance Kushner's power surge at the time. No huge rifts between the two anymore. Supposedly Bannon spends most of his WH time with Reince these days anyway. And both have been opposed to Scaramucci since January largely because they simply don't trust him apparently. Spicer's largely pissed because Scaramucci took the job he wanted.

People are making this claim, but I don't think it's correct. Spicer was already comms director earlier this year! If he had wanted to be comms director and make SHS press secretary he probably could've just done that.

I think Spicer just really doesn't like Scaramucci and thinks he's deeply incompetent.

He's still president though, the party is directly tied to him. They won't jump ship until they have no other choice. Right now the calculus seems to be to ride the wave and use him as a heat shield to get things done...but he's not getting anything done, at least not anything a normal republican couldn't(SC, judges).

They need Trump for now.

People are making this claim, but I don't think it's correct. Spicer was already comms director earlier this year! If he had wanted to be comms director and make SHS press secretary he probably could've just done that.

I think Spicer just really doesn't like Scaramucci and thinks he's deeply incompetent.

I stand corrected! According to CNN, Spicer sees Scaramucci as deeplly incompetent, leaving Spicer worried he'll be stuck with both jobs.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/21/politics/sean-spicer-resigns-anthony-scaramucci/index.html

@kaitlancollins
Reince Priebus tells @DanaBashCNN he supports Anthony Scaramucci "100%." "All good here."

tumblr_o0pgczbVbU1tagalbo1_250.gif

So if Priebus quits, what does that do to the Republican party?

He acts a bridge between Congressional Republicans and the White House also being the chief of staff, he oversees the actions that is going on, and keep things in order between the staff. Considering that the different factions in the WH if he is gone than there would be a lot more chaos. He really can't be replaced by just anyone.

If he resigns it will be much more difficult for the WH to work with the rest of the Republicans as they think Priebus is a moderating presence and he helps build communication. Republicans will be less likely to trust the WH if he resigns.

JettDash

He acts a bridge between Congressional Republicans and the White House also being the chief of staff, he oversees the actions that is going on, and keep things in order between the staff. Considering that the different factions in the WH if he is gone than there would be a lot more chaos. He really can't be replaced by just anyone.

If he resigns it will be much more difficult for the WH to work with the rest of the Republicans as they think Priebus is a moderating presence and he helps build communication. Republicans will be less likely to trust the WH if he resigns.

They can have Pence deal with Congress.

@SchrodngrsTaint

Tweet like Louise Mensch: Sources tell me, [1] has confessed to [2]. [3] - and I take no joy in reporting this - has ordered [4].

DFM3HGAUQAUpScU.jpg:large

Sources tell me, Neil Gorsuch has confessed to Treason. Beth Din - and I take no joy in reporting this - has ordered death, by brazen bull.

chadskin

Burr did not raise concerns about allegations that Rice improperly unmasked any US individuals, an issue first raised by House intelligence committee Chairman Devin Nunes.

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes, and I'll wait to go through our full evaluation to see if there was anything improper that happened," Burr said. "But clearly there were individuals unmasked. Some of that became public which it's not supposed to, and our business is to understand that, and explain it."
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/21/politics/susan-rice-senate-intelligence-committee/index.html

Burr knows where the wind is blowing.

As much as I loved Deborah Ross and would prefer her to be a Senator (and I still want her to run for Congress if Price retires), Burr isn't a bad dude, all things considered.

Holmes

Sources tell me, Ivanka Trump has confessed to mayhem. HIPPA Court - and I take no joy in reporting this - has ordered the Gulag.

Sources tell me, Neil Gorsuch has confessed to Treason. Beth Din - and I take no joy in reporting this - has ordered death, by brazen bull.

Sources tell me, Barron Trump has confessed to statutory rape. Interpol - and I take no joy in reporting this - has ordered death, by brazen bull.

I don't think mine worked out as well lol

As much as I loved Deborah Ross and would prefer her to be a Senator (and I still want her to run for Congress if Price retires), Burr isn't a bad dude, all things considered.

Burr's largely the only reason I think there's a chance Mueller will get rehired were Trump to try to fire him. He looked legitimately frightened when at the Comey hearing.

Sources tell me, Sarah Sanders has confessed to illegal dueling. Interpol - and I take no joy in reporting this - has ordered death, by combat in the arena.

How ironic

Slacker

Actual real live on-camera press conference was supposed to start at 2PM east right? Some news at the White House holding up Huck Sanders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom