• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
Amir0x said:
you'll have to get exact details from youtube when it comes out, but Obama supporter barged in with a big sign, crowd freaks out, McCain responds
What did it say? I read something about "war" but didn't quite get the rest.

andymcc said:
I was at an Obama rally he had in Portsmouth, Ohio on Thursday and some guy in a leather jacket and leather hat behind me was yelling shit about "being a veteran" and Obama being a muslim. We were right beside the stage and there's a very good chance one of the speakers that was introducing Obama at the time, the head of the local VFW no less, could probably hear someone angrily yelling something. I hear some teenage girls start cackling behind me after ignoring the dude and, lo and behold, he was carried away by the secret service. Funny, yet scary, stuff.
Ha, I hope they bloodied his nose.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
syllogism said:
Hotline/Diageo has Obama up by 10% today

http://www.diageohotlinepoll.com/

This is so over... if the shoe was on the other foot we would all be depressed.

My coworkers the other day actually told me McCain was going to win because the Bradley effect was worth "8-10 points in the polls"

I just looked at him and said "are you so morally bankrupt that you are actually rooting for latent racism to determine this election?"

He didnt say shit.

Then I sent him that study from Princeton that shows it was BS, and one of our conservative coworkers went after him to and said the Bradley effect wasnt racism, it was a gun control measure on the ballot that brought out more conservatives than expected.

It was awesome.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
StoOgE said:
This is so over... if the shoe was on the other foot we would all be depressed.

My coworkers the other day actually told me McCain was going to win because the Bradley effect was worth "8-10 points in the polls"

I just looked at him and said "are you so morally bankrupt that you are actually rooting for latent racism to determine this election?"

He didnt say shit.

Then I sent him that study from Princeton that shows it was BS, and one of our conservative coworkers went after him to and said the Bradley effect wasnt racism, it was a gun control measure on the ballot that brought out more conservatives than expected.

It was awesome.
So awesome.

so chuck todd will update his map on monday, any more VIRGINIA/NC/ohio/COLORADO/NEVADA/FLORIDA polls that might realistically let them push those states from tossup to leanObama? right now they acknowledge small poll leads, but they last updated the map 10/5-6.

since then, Va has had one PPP poll, showing O+8 (O+11, O+2, O+10 right before their last update)
NC, O+1, O+5, and M+2, so i don't think they have any plans to move it
Ohio its O+3, O+2, O+5, so probably not either
Colorado has had one poll, O+6, which ties the one on 10/5 which was +6, so maybe a move here outta tossup?
Nevada has had O+7 and O+2, so probably not...
Florida, this state has had O+3 O+8 O+5 O+2 and then 10/5 O+7

so if virginia could get a poll or two showing a lead...? florida probably not, because of the +3, nevada...colorado has a real shot of being put in the O column, maybe one more poll needed...

basically i'd just like the networks to update their maps to reflect current reality, but i think they need a couple more polls showing a consistent +5 or more lead to feel comfortable...

O 51%
M 42%

McCain +1

DontPanic.jpg

Tobor

I would imagine Chuck Todd will be playing "Three Card Monty" with the toss up states a bit longer, just to perpetuate the illusion that McCain has a chance for as long as possible.

Cheebs

Tobor said:
I would imagine Chuck Todd will be playing "Three Card Monty" with the toss up states a bit longer, just to perpetuate the illusion that McCain has a chance for as long as possible.
Chuck Todd is a democrat so I doubt that he has that type of bias (he worked for Democrats in Congress before getting into journalism, and his wife currently works for Sen. Jim Webb).

GhaleonEB said:
Of the past 10 polls, nine have Obama ahead in Florida. If they don't swing that, or some other state over to Obama then it's because they don't want to show him with +270 before the election.

http://www.pollster.com/polls/fl/08-fl-pres-ge-mvo.php

i think the lead has to be, in their view, "significant" - like more than a MOE like 4 or 5%, consistently. which is why i dont think they'll update and move any of those states unless more polls come out.

which is why i was wondering if anyone knew of any polling firms in the field in any of these states.

Tobor

Cheebs said:
Chuck Todd is a democrat so I doubt that he has that type of bias (he worked for Democrats in Congress before getting into journalism, and his wife currently works for Sen. Jim Webb).

It's not a question of bias. It's a question of maintaining dramatic television. I don't think he has a choice in the matter. And it's not just him, CNN is doing the same thing.

EDIT: To be fair, I don't think they can keep it up much longer.

lopaz

Banned
Imm0rt4l said:
lol they tried to 'tucker bounds' my guy Burton, he don't play that shit.

eh, he was dodging the questions a bit. They were asking specifically when Obama knew who Ayers was and he's just saying "Obama finds terrorism detestable!".

The funniest thing however, was when the woman used the fact that Mccain and Palin had been talking about Ayers this week as justification for constantly talking about it. She literally admitted that their topics for reporting come from whatever talking point the Republicans choose to highlight this week

It seems that the Reps are already laying the foundation for cries of voter fraud.

So even if they lose, they'll sleep better knowing Obama "cheated" to win and didn't actually win.

ryutaro's mama said:
It seems that the Reps are already laying the foundation for cries of voter fraud.

So even if they lose, they'll sleep better knowing Obama "cheated" to win and didn't actually win.
It's what terrorists do - cheat.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
ryutaro's mama said:

Well, except when they do it, then they go to great lengths to cover that shit up.

Frank the Great said:
Goolsbee FTW

I'd actually never seen that guy on TV before and then watched him absolutely crush Hannity and Joe Scarborough on consecutive days. So awesome :D

Edit: I'm talking about Gibbs for clarification.

I can't believe even the town hall debate helped Obama so much.

The economic debate should be the nail in the coffin. And the Oct. 29th Obama address should bury said coffin.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
JOHNSTOWN, Pa. -- Palin tried to shift the focus to abortion Saturday, accusing Obama of “unconditional support for unlimited abortions” and opposing a ban on so-called “partial birth abortions.”

“Most troubling though, most troubling even, is that as a state senator, Barack Obama wouldn’t even stand up for the rights of infants born alive during an abortion,” she said. “These infants, often babies with special needs, they’re simply left to die.”
Jesus christ.

Enough with this fear mongering shit already. That's why I hope Obama trounces them to the fucking ground on November 4th.

The abortion issue is so hilarious. It boils down to this:

"My opponent loves to kill babies! Vote for us, save the babies!"

Which, when worded this way, sounds completely ridiculous and almost parody-like. But, in essence, that is the argument Republican candidates always try to make.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Obama opposes a ban on partial birth abortions?

If that's true...ugh, how stupid and lame. I get the feeling I'll just sit out on this election day. :\

Slurpy said:
I'm glad Kathleen Parker has seen the light. She's written alot of trash in her day. Bay Buchanan witll always be a frothing shill.

There are a lot of women McCain could have picked if he wanted to go for experience and potential quality that could draw moderates and independents. Christine Todd Whitman wouldn't have fired up the base but she would have been a draw for the moderate crowd in the middle and potentially Hillary supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom