• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

GDJustin said:
You're insane. You think his handlers will let him make that same mistake twice? McCain got hammered for like 3 days after the last debate because of his body language.

He's going to be Obama's best friend, tonight. In terms of physical cues. What comes out of his mouth... that's another story.

It's going to be pretty funny. McCain will turn to Obama at times, but it will be so obvious to most people why he's doing it, and it will look extremely telegraphed. I think Obama should throw a couple of winks his way.

Tim-E

Fragamemnon said:
Did someone just post a link to the national review in this thread?

sat up a little bit straighter :lol :lol :lol :lol

don't even make me start posing k-lo quotes

Olbermann has talked about it several times. :lol

JCreasy

JB1981 said:
Ok ...... that persuaded me!

Look up something called "credit default swaps" and then see what you can learn about deregulation poster-boy Phil Graham. Yeah, he's the guy that said a few months ago that growing concerns over the economy was an indication that we had become a country of "whiners."

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Remember a few pages ago when I pasted the AIM convo between my GOP bud and me, about Obama/Ayers? I just saw that this was his latest Twitter update:

Really respects a specific friend of mine for his political point of view and for keeping me on my toes...

Maybe if I keep working on him I can turn him...

JCreasy

GDJustin said:
Remember a few pages ago when I pasted the AIM convo between my GOP bud and me, about Obama/Ayers? I just saw that this was his latest Twitter update:

Maybe if I keep working on him I can turn him...

You're an inspiration to us all

Keep up the good work :D

Bulla564

Banned
JCreasy said:
Look up something called "credit default swaps" and then see what you can learn about deregulation poster-boy Phil Graham. Yeah, he's the guy that said a few months ago that growing concerns over the economy was an indication that we had become a country of "whiners."

He's frothing at the mouth on the thought of having Mr de-Regulation Graham as the next Secretary of the Treasury under a McCain presidency.

electricpirate said:
Wow, Poli gaf, way to epicly smackdown conservative CRA bullshit.

*High five*

Balls in your court JB1981 ;)

I want Republicans around, but I want Republicans like this or conservatives like this or this, not Hannitized automatons or wanna be Jonah Goldberg types.

JB1981

Thanks for all the links, guys.

I posted that because I wanted some good reading material to counter my conservative brother.
:D

gcubed

JB1981 said:
Thanks for all the links, guys.

I posted that because I wanted some good reading material to counter my conservative brother.
:D

tell him he's a fucking idiot for posting ANYTHING from national review.

thekad

Banned
So has the mainstream media (sans Olbermann) discussed the McCain campaign's hate-mongering and the responses they have incited?

JB1981

gcubed said:
tell him he's a fucking idiot for posting ANYTHING from national review.

Nah. Chill, dog.

I like to weigh the pros and cons of each side. I'm not an idealogue by any means, but I do find myself leaning toward the conservative side (at least what I view to be the conservative side) of many arguments.

Tamanon

Banned
thekad said:
So has the mainstream media (sans Olbermann) discussed the McCain campaign's hate-mongering and the responses they have incited?

Yeah, it's been getting rather heavy coverage on CNN also.

Vestal

Karl Rove just said that the market is crashing because people think that Obama is going to win and he will tax people.

/FACE_MEET_PALM!

Gruco

Banned
Fragamemnon said:
Half a million dollars of McCain money flushed into the toilet in New Mexico and Iowa. Thank the gods for those dumb mofos running that campaign.

Those NC, VA, MO and FL differentials are absurd. It's clear which campaign is run by smart people and which one is run by garbage hacks.
Yes, but McCain "won" all of those news cycles. Doing crazy stuff to get attention is more important than crap like "advertising" or "registering voters" or "competence"
mckmas8808 said:
THIS is the information that the media doesn't tell the average person. It's crazy how the Obama is straight killing the McCain team with pure brillance.
Well, in this case, the brilliance is seasoned with a hefty dose of financial advantage.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
Vestal said:
Karl Rove just said that the market is crashing because people think that Obama is going to win and he will tax people.

/FACE_MEET_PALM!
I'm surprised it took this long for this one to come out. I'm not surprised it was Karl Rove that said it.

Haunted

Fatalah said:
Did you hear that? In PA they have had 500,000 new Dems register, and the Republicans -28,000. Yes, negative twenty eight thousand.
Couple that with the most recent polls showing double-digit leads for Obama and McCain should pull out of PA to save some money. It's a lost cause.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
:lol

HardballRickRolled.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
Dammit, I should've submitted this as a question

"If an appropriations bill with additional funding for the troops in Iraq came across your desk with a small amount of earmarks, would you veto it? And if so, why do you hate the troops?"

Tamanon

Banned
Soybean said:
Why does Obama and liberal groups (SEIU) advertise during Olbermann? Seems like wasted money, preaching to the choir.

Even weirder was the times I saw the Ayers 527 advertise during Countdown.:lol

mj1108

Vestal said:

/FACE_MEET_PALM!

Good lord...

Next up: The Government decided it needed a bailout in fear of Obama becoming President.

TDG

Banned
Man, tonight's debate is going to fucking suck. I wish they'd just not do town hall "debates," they're such a waste of everybody's time.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
Soybean said:
Why does Obama and liberal groups (SEIU) advertise during Olbermann? Seems like wasted money, preaching to the choir.
Not necessarily, lots of liberals watch O'Reilly just to piss themselves off. Conservatives are the same way.

gcubed

JB1981 said:
Nah. Chill, dog.

I like to weigh the pros and cons of each side. I'm not an idealogue by any means, but I do find myself leaning toward the conservative side (at least what I view to be the conservative side) of many arguments.

maybe dont be so mean, but the national review is an embarrassing publication to pull any information out of if you are trying to be an informed voter. I'm sure there is something similar on the dem side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom