• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gattsu25 said:
He raised his hand for Obama to shake and Obama went for it, then steered away at the last second and shook Cindy McCain's :lol

Actually, McCain never raises his hand. He instead points to his wife

Xabora

1jw21k.jpg

alr1ghtstart said:
need youtubes

He was going on about how they weren't staying in the time limits.

"You could see what I had to work with. I was looking for a trap door or something." -Mic cuts out suddenly.

:lol

Gruco

Banned
Ending comments on the MSNBC stream was that "that one" and McCain's assumption that people hadn't heard of Freddy/Fannie before the current crisis have been getting a ton of negative feedback.

Expected the first...didn't even notice the second.

besada

Banned
Deku said:
cbc analysts saying McCain made game changers
-attacked Obama's character
-the announcement of the plan to buy up bad mortgages put him back in the game

Then CBC Analysts are idiots.

Macam

Banned
As someone who wasn't following GAF during the debate: Anyone that says this was a blowout will be sorely disappointed by the polling data in the upcoming days. It was an atrocious debate for both candidates and I suspect polling data will largely stay on par with where it is now and respond almost exclusively to the economy and any other events. The format was terrible and I fully expect pundits to bemoan the lack of new material and normal people to simply say they wanted more details (as they always do).

Iksenpets

Banned
McCain got off to a stronger start, but I think it stabilized around the third question. Obama had the strongest moment of the night from either of them for me when he had his follow up calling McCain out on bomb bomb Iran and next up Baghdad after criticizing him for announcing his strategy in advance.

Fox guys are pissed about the format and questions. No questions about character, etc... and all the other stuff that "really matters to the American people". :lol

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Buchanan: "Obama succeeded in coming off very presidential."

GAME OVA

Amir0x

Banned
Fox News Focus Group went Obama. This is the same channel that had a Focus Group that went almost 100% Palin "for the win."

Now you KNOW Obama won :D

Confidence Man said:
Fox guys are pissed about the format and questions. No questions about character, etc... and all the other stuff that "really matters to the American people". :lol
Well apparently handshaking really matters to GAF.

Obama's moving talk about health care and him calling McCain out on Bomb Bomb Iran were key. He absolutely mauled McCain. He even looked more like a leader while McCain kept dropping awkward jokes, looked to be defensive and unsure, and got whiny about getting a follow-up.

mj1108

Luntz says half of them thought McCain did better on the economy... only 5 people raised their hands out of a group of about 40 people. :lol

Sharp

Obama could have won this 90-10 in polls and it wouldn't change anything. I'm calling it right now: the ratings for this are going to be atrocious.

Gruco

Banned
Vennt said:
Told you, that's gonna hurt him, mark my words.
Yeah, that has all the makings of a historic GAF.

So, McCain gets crushed on Health Care, Energy and Foreign Policy. And acts like a total dick. But at least he has a secret plan to catch bin Laden!

Rindain

Banned
The "that one" comment will come back to haunt McCain. That plus Blitzer saying that McCain showed clear disdain for Barack, means Obama will win this debate in terms of the news cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom