• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

besada

Banned
EviLore said:
Obama addressed the real concern of a lot of uninsured and underinsured people, that pre-existing conditions can majorly fuck you over, and fine print can prevent you from getting the treatment you need.

It's long past time the insurance companies got a good kicking. Current industry practices and somewhat repulsive, both on and behind the scenes.

American's hate insurance companies, so teeing off on them is never going to cost you votes, and unlike the press (who Americans also hate) insurance companies have a hard time influencing elections.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
StoOgE said:
Someone post the brush your shoulders off GIF.
Obama_brushes_shoulders-1.gif

TDG said:
Is this T. Boone Pickens guy trying to become the next Ross Perot? I swear, his ads are on TV every five seconds.

I like how there was two consecutive oil ads right after his. Holy shit another one just came on NBC = owned by big oil confirmed

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
So, Obama just won:

FOX News focus group
MSNBC focus group
CNN focus group

SWEEEEEEEEEEP

Shit. This is the 2007 First round playoffs when Golden State slaughtered the Mavericks.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
As long as the media narrative says Obama won, i don't care about the numbers.

Holy shit the numbers dipped on the jello commnet:lol all the republicans came.

TDG

Banned
I don't think "that one" is as big a deal as you guys are making it out to be, but it likely will be one of the many things that adds up to being a negative about the way McCain conducts himself.

TDG said:
Is this T. Boone Pickens guy trying to become the next Ross Perot? I swear, his ads are on TV every five seconds.
Wow . . . . well, he is accomplishing it. He's raising an issue that the GOP has fucked up and tilting the election to the democrat. With Perot it was the deficit and with T. Boone Pickens it is alternative energy.

LCfiner

TDG said:
I don't think "that one" is as big a deal as you guys are making it out to be, but it will be one of the many things that adds up to being a negative about the way McCain conducts himself.

If he had just said "that guy", it wouldn't be an issue. who refers to other people as "that one"? i've never actually heard that before. it just sounded wrong to the ear.

ezekial45

Banned
cashman said:
mccain obviously won. just ask these guys
http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=62620

from some psycho said:
John McCain does not want to win, and shame on us for letting him get the nomination. He REFUSES to go after Barack Hussein Obama. It seems as if he wants to lose the election.

If we can survive to 2012 at least and are not communist by that time, we will have a new generation of conservatives: Palin and Jindal.

Oh god! :lol

guess

I don't get how people are still undecided. Doesn't make sense. What policies are changing? Can't these people find out everything they want to know about the candidate online on their official websites.

lol at these college students on ABC

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hai guyz my name is mccain im a fiscal conservative. But 300 billion dollars to buy all bad mortages????

tanod

when is my burrito
So if Obama wins the third debate: TKO, right?

Obama whooped McCain in this debate moreso than the last but I gotta admit that McCain did a lot better this time.

Trurl said:
Maybe I'm way off base but I don't think "that one" is much worse than something like Obama's pig on a lipstick comment. It's just something stupid.

Do you know what Obama was referring to when he said that?

Guybrush Threepwood said:
I don't see the big deal with calling Obama "that one."

I don't support McCain at all, but he clearly meant "that senator."
Its a dangerous way to say it. It is like you're talking about a pet.

Xisiqomelir

TDG said:
I don't think "that one" is as big a deal as you guys are making it out to be, but it likely will be one of the many things that adds up to being a negative about the way McCain conducts himself.

Are you black, TDG?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
PoliGAF 2nd Presidential Debate 2008 Thread of 2007 NBA Playoffs Warriors 4 - 2 Mavericks

Tobor said:
That's all we need, Sharp. The remaining 40% wouldn't budge if McCain was revealed to be Kang.

Yah, pretty much. Everyone else is either a racist, closet racist or a crazy evangelical who wouldn't support any liberal agenda with "abortion" or "gays" anywhere in it.

From my Republican dad...

"A massacre...."

"Was not even close."

Sums up my thoughts. :lol

And I really hate these "undecided voters." They're not undecided. They're stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom