• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary Whitta said:
David Gergen now on CNN saying don't believe the polls, Obama being black is still the sleeper issue that could cost him the election.
I honestly think this is why he isn't up 15% in national polls. But I think he has a cushion.

Tobor

Gary Whitta said:
David Gergen now on CNN saying don't believe the polls, Obama being black is still the sleeper issue that could cost him the election.

Did Gergen flash a secret hand signal to the camera when he said it?

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
This MSNBC woman is talking about something I mentioned during the debate:

If mccain has been in Washington so long, how has shit gotten so bad? If he's so effective, why are things going down the drain? The argument is bogus.

Kusagari

Gary Whitta said:

He's right though. There is literally zero way Obama loses at this point besides his skin color causing people not to vote for him.

Gary Whitta said:
I converse on a daily basis with people who truly believe that the Bradley Effect is going to show its face. They're Republicans, so I don't lend any credibility to these beliefs, but it's nice to see that some people in the media are latching on to this silly notion as well.

Belfast

BakedPigeon said:
Actually I have not been really interested in this presidential run at all and tonight was the first debate that I have watched. I thought McCain was much more knowledgeable on each subject and he showed much more experience. I will give him my vote for the simple fact that he has first hand experience while Obama seems like some kid battling out of college.

So no, I did not have my mind made up a long time ago.

Is it really just so hard to believe that someone on Neogaf isn't praising Obama?

No, along with this:

"Actually I have not been really interested in this presidential run at all and tonight was the first debate that I have watched."

just shows your political ignorance and a lack of understanding as to who these people are.

Halvie

Banned
greepoman said:
I almost feel bad McCain lost a vote cause such of a stupid reason...that's conservatives for you.

How do you figure. Guy wouldn't look him in the face during the first debate, and now isn't man enough to shake the dude's fucking hand. McCain can blow me...was originally planning on voting McCain.

Amir0x

Banned
BrandNew said:
Jesus

Do people really truly think this?

There's certainly an undercurrent. It is, I think, many people's worst nightmare. That everything trends Obama, but he still magically loses... it'd be a sad damning day for America

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I don't know if I'd call the debate such a runaway success for Obama as these early polls are suggesting but I did like the masterful way he folded his rebuttal of McCain's claims on his tax policy into the next question about healthcare. It was a thing of beauty.

Ponn

Banned
Thank you Mr. McCain. I had no idea how simple and easy the whole Social Security issue is to fix. Thank you so much for explaining that it is so simple that you don't even have to tell us how you would fix it, just that all we have to do is talk about it and it will be fixed. What a relief. Whewww, I was starting to sweat that one.

mj1108

CNN poll:Who would better handle the economy? Obama: 59% McCain: 37%

Better on handling terrorism: McCain: 51% Obama: 46%

Amir0x said:
There's certainly an undercurrent. It is, I think, many people's worst nightmare. That everything trends Obama, but he still magically loses... it'd be a sad damning day for America

If that indeed would be the outcome, I'd quickly go to the conclusion that this election was just straight up rigged 100% rather than blame American racism.

BrandNew said:
Jesus

There was a recent article about research done by Stanford and other places. It's pretty plausible that it will cost him SOME.

People SAY they will vote for a minority candidate, but once in the booth racial predilections arise.

BrandNew said:
Jesus

Carville just acknowledged the validity of the point, but did so with a shudder, suggesting that it could spark a racial backlash if Obama goes into election day with a commanding lead and still loses.

SpeedingUptoStop

Amir0x said:
Yea, with these polls numbers, it'd be game over for anyone, but with Obama, there's still the unfortunate "what if?"

the more mccain fucks up though, the more his supporters will be discouraged from the polls though. It'll even out.

Sharp

Amir0x said:
I'd be more inclined to believe that if there had been any evidence for it in the primaries. He lost due to racism in some areas for sure, but the polls pretty much always reflected it.

Red Scarlet

alr1ghtstart said:
It was taped before the debate, but it is new.

Hmm..maybe it will be on in a half-hour then for me? The one that just ended was about the VP debate. I get stuff an hour later than I should (Pacific channel in Mountain time zone).

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Who would be the stronger leader?
Obama: 54
McCain: 43

CNN Poll

How about that healthcare exchange HEHHHHHHH?

HOW ABOUT IT HEHHHHHHHHHHHH

HEALTH CARE HEHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Seriously though, Obama wrecked some faces in the health care debate. McCain's failure of a joke at the end "He still didn't say how much he would charge" sounded petty and full of lies right after Obama had detailed a surprisingly clear non mandate plan.

Tobor

The reverse-Bradley effect is going to be the story.

African Americans and young people in record turnouts across the country.

Ponn01 said:
Thank you Mr. McCain. I had no idea how simple and easy the whole Social Security issue is to fix. Thank you so much for explaining that it is so simple that you don't even have to tell us how you would fix it, just that all we have to do is talk about it and it will be fixed. What a relief. Whewww, I was starting to sweat that one.
He knows how to get Osama too. And win wars.

Apparently he's been keeping all this knowledge secret.

mj1108 said:
So you made up your mind after just one debate?

Was tonight the first night you even paid attention to the race?

Tonight was honestly the first debate I have watched, or even the first time I have paid any heavy attention to this race, seriously.

I personally thought McCain looked better, I don't see why NeoGAF rips apart mccain when he actually looked very poised and informative.

With that said though I also understand that my whole knowledge involving the policies and whatnot of each candidate is pretty poor so I cant really comment on overall who would be a better president.

However, McCain has won my vote based off this debate, I like his experience and I think he will make a great president.

Cue the Obama guys bashing me.

Jonm1010

Banned
Gary Whitta said:

Oh Shit! Obama's Black?!? did you know about this? I didnt know about this! does anyone else know about this? This is ground-breaking news!! People are gonna want to hear about this!!!

SpeedingUptoStop

Tobor said:
The reverse-Bradley effect is going to be the story.

African Americans and young people in record turnouts across the country.
I can see this happening. Voting records will be shattered this election.

Gruco

Banned
speculawyer said:
Another rapture person:

:lol

Wow . . . if Palin and Jindal are there big guns then they are screwed.
I thought Jindal was well respected or something. I dunno, I haven't paid attention. What's wrong with the guy? He can't possibly be as bad as Palin?

McCain with that no-handshake shows poor sportsmanship , media is going to cook him for dinner for that.

Seriously with the polls..

Fox is obviously conservative and CNN is all liberals....don't kid yourselves

Trurl

Banned
Amir0x said:
As much as I'm starting to get frustrated with fears of racism being thrown around, this is one thing I have thought about. Just imagine Obama getting 10% fewer votes than he was projected to with only one realistic explanation. It would be like getting home and having a bad look in the mirror after a week long bender, it would be depressing as hell.

Fortunately I don't think it will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom