• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

25p30n7.gif

besada

Banned
Crisis said:
Let me get this straight.

Before tonight you weren't certain you wanted to vote for John McCain? And watching THIS debate in particular made you want to vote for him? It sounds to me like you made up your mind a long time ago my friend.

Didn't he do this schtick after the Palin debate?

The sound bite that seems to be getting the most radio play is McCain's 'we don't need a president who needs on the job training' which seems to be his only major point. I wish I had heard the whole thing. I'm only getting reaction that there was no winner at all. It's more fun in the pit with you guys, but maybe I should go back through it tonight to see if I think Obama really won this.

HylianTom

Banned
HylianTom said:
Why the negativity? Obama's lines have been very nice, especially in comparison with McCain's.

Wait for the snap polls. You'll see..

Good call, me. You have a real pulse for the public's mood! :D

effzee

GSG Flash said:
The guys on that forum are making fun of how Obama says Pakistan, but, being a Pakistani, he's the only American I've heard pronounce all of Pakistan, Iran and Iraq correctly.

americans are usually morons when it comes to pronouncing foreign nations and names. they make fun of other ppl having accents when speaking in english but don't realize how much they butcher other ppl names and nations.

i was glad to see at least barack can pronounce pakistan properly. its really not that hard.

Another rapture person:
Originally Posted by eve_anne_gelical View Post
John McCain does not want to win, and shame on us for letting him get the nomination. He REFUSES to go after Barack Hussein Obama. It seems as if he wants to lose the election.

If we can survive to 2012 at least and are not communist by that time, we will have a new generation of conservatives: Palin and Jindal.
:lol

Wow . . . if Palin and Jindal are there big guns then they are screwed.

Banned
reilo said:
Obama saying "Americans have a right to healthcare" is actually factually correct. The law requires doctors in an ER room to provide adequate medical service to anyone that seeks it.
No shit sherlock

BobTheFork said:
The sound bite that seems to be getting the most radio play is McCain's 'we don't need a president who needs on the job training' which seems to be his only major point.
What a great attack line. If only Hillary had thought of that...

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Music to my ears.

I wanna be excited, but I've been burned twice before. The little sp0rsk inside of me is doing a fist pump though.

BobTheFork said:
The sound bite that seems to be getting the most radio play is McCain's 'we don't need a president who needs on the job training' which seems to be his only major point. I wish I had heard the whole thing. I'm only getting reaction that there was no winner at all. It's more fun in the pit with you guys, but maybe I should go back through it tonight to see if I think Obama really won this.
The only real reaction you're getting? Ummmmm. What? Are you a pollster? Do you have some official position of power we should know about?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Sooo I had to work during the debate, which sucks, and I just got home like half an hour ago.

I watched a little CNN analysis though, and it sounds like neither candidate really did especially well, but none of them made a huge GAF(fe).

Except...

...for when McCain referred to Obama as "that one!" During that particular tirade, he had just so much vitriol! Someone seriously needs to tell McCain that it's alright to cry sometimes :lol

That was the only clip CNN replayed in the short time I watched it. As one of the commentators said, though -- it was essentially a tie, and ties go to the frontrunner. Obama +1

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
I will say it again, Obama should publically give McCain the benefit of the doubt on 'that one', something McCain wouldn't give him on Lipstick, instant win.

Red Scarlet

Are you guys getting a special Daily Show, or is it normally on for y'all right now? I don't get the new ones until 3 hours from now usually, and it's a rerun right now.

Trurl said:
I think Obama will be smart and either not add fuel to the fire or maybe even defuse it. I could see a small back lash if he plays a victim about it in any way.
Yup. No reason to even comment on it. And he won't.

Holy shit John King spitting some truth!

"If those debate numbers on the economy hold, game over. Voters don't give a damn about Ayers or Keating 5."

Zeliard

Trurl said:
I think Obama will be smart and either not add fuel to the fire or maybe even defuse it. I could see a small back lash if he plays a victim about it in any way.

Obama himself will certainly not say a single word about "that one", and his campaign probably won't either, especially not since the media is doing that. Axelrod only said something about it after he was directly asked.

Crisis said:
Let me get this straight.

Before tonight you weren't certain you wanted to vote for John McCain? And watching THIS debate in particular made you want to vote for him? It sounds to me like you made up your mind a long time ago my friend.

Actually I have not been really interested in this presidential run at all and tonight was the first debate that I have watched. I thought McCain was much more knowledgeable on each subject and he showed much more experience. I will give him my vote for the simple fact that he has first hand experience while Obama seems like some kid battling out of college.

So no, I did not have my mind made up a long time ago.

Is it really just so hard to believe that someone on Neogaf isn't praising Obama?

Haunted

last bit:

OH SNAP! John King commenting their polls on CNN: "If these numbers hold, it's game over. Game. Over."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom