• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
camineet said:
Just got back from taking 3 more Obama supporters to vote :D

I checked Foxnews.com to see this

110408_elections5.jpg

what kind of message are they trying to send here?
When Obama wins, they're going to blame faulty machinery.

Goddammit fox news.

Mii

Banned
Palin believes in the constitutional right to privacy!

Remember this for 2012 people. She favors a 'living document' court!

Speevy

Banned
camineet said:
Just got back from taking 3 more Obama supporters to vote :D

I checked Foxnews.com to see this

110408_elections5.jpg

what kind of message are they trying to send here?

That if you vote for Mccain, black people will trample you to death.

camineet

Banned

hokahey

Update from rural Missouri:

+1 Obama

Youth and AA vote appear to be strong in a predominantly white area. Very nice to see. Line was maybe 30 minutes.

Diablos

Dax01 said:
When Obama wins, they're going to blame faulty machinery.

Goddammit fox news.
They'll blame everything but the teet of the party they've been sucking on for their entire existence. It's to be expected.

+2 FOR THE NEXT LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Y'ALLS

(Also Kerry for Senate, No on Eliminate MA State Income Tax, Yes on Decriminalize Marijuana, Yes on Banning Greyhound Racing.)

We did a celebratory terrorist fist-bump on the way out of the polls.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
My local wingnut radio station has been in rare form today. Three straight calls:

1) Obama isn't an American.
2) If Obama wins I hope the blacks will stop blaming everything on the white man.
3) Today we will lose the cold war.

What is funny is the callers were all so crazy, the wingnut hosts were actually laughing at them.

Ela Hadrun

Probably plays more games than you
charlequin said:
+2 FOR THE NEXT LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Y'ALLS

(Also Kerry for Senate, No on Eliminate MA State Income Tax, Yes on Decriminalize Marijuana, Yes on Banning Greyhound Racing.)

We did a celebratory terrorist fist-bump on the way out of the polls.

Oh, fine, just go ahead and post MY plus one before I can sit down at the desktop BECAUSE I'M A WOMAN THAT'S WHY YOU THINK YOU OWN MY VOTE

we got stickers!

send this to everyone you know in VA and tell them to forward it too:

Browne-Dianis said her group had succeeded in getting Virginia to announce that curbside voting will be in effect tonight for elderly and disabled voters. She also underlined the fact that anyone who lines up by 7pm will be able to vote, no matter how long the line takes to process.

TomServo

Sharp said:
Yes, half a century ago Nixon was elected and ever since people like you have lost hope in the electoral system. I hope you're joking because that's probably the worst reason I can think of to vote for any candidate.

QQ?

I don't like either candidate. I think both will be a disaster. McCain will be less of a disaster, if only because of an opposition Congress. Obama will be an unmitigated disaster, but the upside is that we might actually return to smaller government and following the Constitution in the wake of such a mess.

I really don't give a damn which one of them wins. If anything, I passed my vote along to my family, who've fallen into the lesser-of-two-evils trap and are voting for McCain.

Honestly, the last President I would have been proud to cast a vote for is Eisenhower.

Stoney Mason said:
Stop "discussing" with TomServo. He was never going to vote for Obama.

Yup. Was between a prinicpled write-in vote and giving my vote to my family.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Just voted (Brooklyn. NYC)

old ass mechanical voting machine broke down(1 of just 2), my brother could'nt wait so he vote paper ballet

I waited for 2 hours and got it done

Malfunky

Well, that was easy. It was in a home less than a block from my house. Took only a few minutes.

+2 for Obama and No on 8 and all that other fancy stuff

Philadelphia has experienced problems with voting machines not working in eight of 1,681 election divisions throughout the city, according to Bill Rubin, Supervisor of the Philadelphia County Board of Elections.

Rubin reported none of these problems have been serious, and where machines have gone down, voters have been allowed to vote on emergency ballots.

Judging from the photos of massive lines I'm seeing, it seems like Chicago is very well equipped as far as polling places go. I heard that the place I voted at has 500 registered voters to handle for the day. Is that a relatively small amount? I noticed another polling place just a couple of blocks away.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Just voted (Brooklyn. NYC)

old ass mechanical voting machine broke down(1 of just 2), my brother could'nt wait so he vote paper ballet

I waited for 2 hours and got it done

Wow that sucks. They had 2 voting machines for my district and the line was still down the hall when I left. I love the NY voting machines, they don't make them like they used to. It's insane that after all these years they still work better than the electronic machines with no paper trail.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
artredis1980 said:
how were the crowds in

1. PA
2. VA
3. NC
4. FL
5. CO
6. OH
7. NM
8. IN

Cleveland Plain Dealer says they're large and in charge:

http://blog.cleveland.com/openers/2008/11/ohio_voting_machines_to_be_tes.html

PD said:
WILLOUGHBY HILLS -- Ohio's voting system will be tested today as poll workers prepare for an 80 percent turnout.

That test was evident by 6:15 a.m. today -- before polls even opened at 6:30 -- when more than 200 people waited in line to vote at the Willoughby Hills Community Center on Chardon Road. The polling place is in Lake County, a county that could go Republican or Democrat.

One woman in line said she had been voting at the community center for 24 years, and had never had to wait in line.

At least 150 people were lined up at 6:15 a.m. today at LaMuth Middle School on Auburn Road in Concord Township. When polls opened at 6:30, the wait to cast a ballot was about 45 minutes to an hour, depending on a voter's precinct. The long lines didn't bother poll workers -- at least early today. They were upbeat and ready to help those who needed it.

And in my own empirical evidence, it took me a half-hour to get through the line to vote at 9:30 a.m. This shit's gonna be epic.

AVclub

sangreal said:
Is the McCain camp aware that this ACORN ally let a 5 year old vote in his name??
My 8-year-old son went into the booth with me. He has already picked his candidate in his elementary school's mock election. So I let him pick in the booth as well. He selected Obama and I pushed most of the other buttons, but let him push the red button to submit the vote.

Oddly, less than a minute after voting for Obama, on the walk back to our car, my son said, "Did you know that Obama is going to make taxes more expensive?" :lol

...anyway, if Obama turns out to be a bad idea and ruins our country even further, I'm blaming my son and likely grounding him. :D

TomServo said:
QQ?

I don't like either candidate. I think both will be a disaster. McCain will be less of a disaster, if only because of an opposition Congress. Obama will be an unmitigated disaster, but the upside is that we might actually return to smaller government and following the Constitution in the wake of such a mess.

I really don't give a damn which one of them wins. If anything, I passed my vote along to my family, who've fallen into the lesser-of-two-evils trap and are voting for McCain.

Honestly, the last President I would have been proud to cast a vote for is Eisenhower.

and his 70% tax rate on the rich, as well as the christian appeasement ("...under god") that occurred under his presidency? you suck at libertarianism! i ask that you relinquish your moniker so as not to tarnish the great name of tom servo, and take up one we can all accept, like archie bunker or augusto pinochet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom