• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Indiana looks like its going to be too close to call at close. Ive found rumors that Obama is up in exit pollings. Yeah, I know not reliable, but just keeping IN too close to call likely means Obamamania.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
mYm|17| said:
so what's the largest margin of victory for Electoral votes by a Presidential candidate?
highest electoral college votes: reagan 84 (as already said)
most states: tied, '84 reagan and '72 Nixon (each has 49 states)
highest recorded popular vote ever: Bush '04 (62M)
biggest popular vote difference recorded: harding 1920 (64% of the popular votes, not including washington)

anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Shard said:
Was Kentucky ever really in contention?
Absolutely not.

StoOgE said:
interesting that Lunsford is outperforming Obama by a ton in these early numbers.

Obama never ran any ads in Kentucky (and he isn't a fan of coal). Lunsford and McConnell have saturated the airwaves for months.

Nameless

This feels exactly like New Years 2k. The rational side of me is saying there is really nothing to worry about, but the "You never fuckin know" side which is fully aware of the stupidity of human beings, is leaving a pretty big window open for nuclear winter to consume the earth tonight. And add in anxiousness x1000.

I need to be held :(

+5 for Soshalizm. That includes my sister who I forgot can vote this year, somehow figuring out she needed to vote and actually registering. Can't wait to get my spread of McCain's wealth.

+5 NO on 8. Not for equality (that's nice too) but because I just want to stop "parental rights" and forcefully teach kids about "them homosexuals" and other acts that would make baby jesus cry. I love voting.

Then i went out and to a Burrito joint .

burrito-1.jpg

SUPREME1

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
So.

Has it occurred to anyone how much history we've witnessed in our lives?

I mean, an Obama election, the Wall Street crash, 9/11, this is the shit we'll be telling our grandkids about.

LOL.
12/21/12

JaseMath

Man, loads of voter issues on NPR. From Heaven, Obama's grandma will see to it that the McCain camp doesn't steal this motherfucka'!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
borghe said:
highest electoral college votes: reagan 84 (as already said)
most states: tied, '84 reagan and '72 Nixon (each has 49 states)
highest recorded popular vote ever: Bush '04 (62M)
biggest popular vote difference recorded: harding 1920
(64% of the popular votes, not including washington)

anyone correct me if I'm wrong.
So hilarious. . . . . . and sad.

WrikaWrek

Banned
I wish MSNBC just stopped talking about how both candidates are great, fuck this shit, how about some hype? Pools and shit?

And how much time till the touchdown? Anybody? I'm here waiting, might as well do some other stuff, but would love to know when i should get back!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
:lol @ Matthews and Olbermann arguing in the background as MSNBC went to commercial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom