• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToxicAdam

-Kees- said:
BARACK OBAMA HAS A 10,100 VOTE LEAD IN INDIANA!

Yet he is further back in Missouri (-32,000)

How the hell did Obama win Ohio and Indiana but not Missouri?

You fucked up Missouri. Ohio is the lone bellweather state after this election!

Baconbitz

Banned
5vawt2.gif
5vawt2.gif
5vawt2.gif
5vawt2.gif
5vawt2.gif
5vawt2.gif
5vawt2.gif
5vawt2.gif
5vawt2.gif
5vawt2.gif
5vawt2.gif
5vawt2.gif

Dartastic

McCain's concession speech is very good. Great job McCain. Very classy of you. Despite how much I've despised your campaign, this speech is really good. The guy looks like he's about to cry. Granted, I understand why, but still. Very classy, so far. Very classy.

GhaleonQ

Soren Kierkegaard says:

The present age is essentially a sensible, reflecting age, devoid of passion, flaring up in superficial, short-lived enthusiasm and prudentially relaxing in indolence. ...Whereas a passionate age accelerates, raises up, and overthrows, elevates and debases, a reflective apathetic age does the opposite, it stifles and impedes, it levels. ...In antiquity the individual in the crowd had no significance whatsoever; the man of excellence stood for them all. The trend today is in the direction of mathematical equality, so that in all classes about so and so many uniformly make one individual. ...For leveling to take place, a phantom must first be raised, the spirit of leveling, a monstrous abstraction, an all-encompassing something that is nothing, a mirage - and this phantom is the public.

If you'll forgive the Star Wars comparison, I feel like McCain is finally throwing that Emperor down the pit. This is the McCain that I admired 8 years ago.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Lovely speech, loved the reactions when he named Palin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom