• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravidrath

So fucking happy.

Now I hope that Obama can mend the political division in this country... right after they ram through universal healthcare. :p

xsarien

daedsiluap
For the past eight years I've had a long, continuous facepalm going regarding this country and its leadership.

Not anymore. :) I feel like we just nuked the Death Star.

RBH

sangreal said:
siren.gif

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/17894973/detail.html
I FUCKING KNEW IT.

I can't believe this is happening.

I can't believe this is real.

Today, a man who couldn't vote 50 years ago is the president of the US.
Today, a man who was counted as less than a man - 3/5ths of one - is president of the US.
Today, a man who understands what it is to be poor, or hungry, or discriminated against, is president of the US.
Today, a regular man like me who worked really hard to get where he is WITHOUT exploiting the people, is president of the US.

Today, the American dream was proven to still exist.
Overjoyed isn't the word.

Odinson

My first time voting and my candidate winning. Obama inspired me to register, to vote and to actually care about the future of this country. Congratulations my brother this is truly a historic moment in my life.

I'm glad I could help Florida not fuck up, even if we already won it all.

One downer for the night, I wish they didn't play that goddamn country song. Even if Obama loves that song, it just seems so phony.

Nameless

Guys, tommorow for the one and only time in history we can all set our alarms to watch The View and not have our manhood question.

I'm going to bathe myself in Hassellbeck's bitter tears!

JaMarco

RubxQub said:
McCain gets no respect from me. You can't run that type of a bullshit campaign and then expect to erase it all with a gracious concession speech.

This old guy whacked the beehive full of racists and evangelicals and then runs away, leaving Barack to deal with it.

Fuck him.
QFMFT

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Man I want to post more!!! I'm SO HAPPY ;_;

Indiana's now locked regardless of what the news will tell you. It'll be close enough to go into a recount but there just aren't enough votes left for McCain to pull it off tonight.

Originally Posted by Cirekiller:

You guys are joking right? Democrats would boo the same way if Obama lost. Imagine the posts of bitterness on GAF.

lol couldn't find Cirekiller's original post (thread is too big!) but i agree; there ARE as many diehard republicans as there are hardcord democrats, and i can see them heavily booing during certain parts if Barack had to make a concession speech

but man, this whole election felt like the Stanley Cup - with the winning team fans being overjoyed and losing team fans being deeply upset

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Thank you America from the bottom of my heart. Thank you!

President Obama. That is seriously a fucking amazing thing to say. I am speechless.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Just as an FYI, Nate over at 538 has called this election PERFECTLY up to now.

xsarien said:
For the past eight years I've had a long, continuous facepalm going regarding this country and its leadership.

Not anymore. :) I feel like we just nuked the Death Star.
Palin 2012 is Death Star II!

GhaleonQ

ToxicAdam said:
Fuck the far right wing of this party. They are too retarded to understand that it was McCain's lurch to the right (along with allowing Palin to be VP) that cost him this election.

DOOOOM

That's a silly thing to say. The Palin thing was stupid, but the referenda signal the basic political standing of the country. I'm just wondering if they're going to play it safe for 2 years or go all out, do what they want, and suffer the consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom