• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WedgeX

Banned
WASHINGTON—After emerging victorious from one of the most pivotal elections in history, president-elect Barack Obama will assume the role of commander in chief on Jan. 20, shattering a racial barrier the United States is, at long last, shitty enough to overcome.

Although polls going into the final weeks of October showed Sen. Obama in the lead, it remained unclear whether the failing economy, dilapidated housing market, crumbling national infrastructure, health care crisis, energy crisis, and five-year-long disastrous war in Iraq had made the nation crappy enough to rise above 300 years of racial prejudice and make lasting change.

"Today the American people have made their voices heard, and they have said, 'Things are finally as terrible as we're willing to tolerate," said Obama, addressing a crowd of unemployed, uninsured, and debt-ridden supporters. "To elect a black man, in this country, and at this time—these last eight years must have really broken you."

Added Obama, "It's a great day for our nation."

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/nation_finally_shitty_enough_to

bishoptl said:
WOW. Booing through this speech? Fucking unbelievable. No, I take that back. After seeing how these guys operate through the campaign, I'm not surprised at all. Enjoy your newfound irrelevance, assholes.
THIS.

I was in complete shock. I felt embarrased for McCain, hes a much better man than the scrubs in his crowd.

HOLY SHIT
I step out to cheer and burn one and Indiana and NC swing back. How hell did that happen?!?! I predicted 350 EV but he's going to blow that away WOW

Juice

Still hasn't quite hit me. Obama has essentially been acting communicator-in-chief for the country for 9 months now, but he's played the underdog card really well. Having him be *the* guy will be a huge reorientation.

VaLiancY

I'm just happy I saw people in my age demographic voting heavily. Obama winning is great enough but seeing the effort that my generation did was even more stunning.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
obama might still win georgia! jebus!

indiana, north carolina...

i think he'll lose missouri and -might- win montana

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Amir0x said:
MICHELLE MALKIN BITTER TEARS SO DELICIOUS

SO SALTY AND YUMMY
I hope her, Hannity, and Limbaugh made a suicide pact if Obama won. Fuck filth of the earth. Pure and absolute scum.

besada

Banned
GhaleonQ said:
No, I'm actually inspired. After Bush, Junior and Obama, literally ANYONE can be president (it used to be "become," but that's past). Yes, even you! Or that guy! We've all done nothing on the national political level, too!

Delicious. Please continue.

Xabora

Red Scarlet said:

Had McCain's campaign been as classy as his concession speech, this could have been a different election.
Thanks!

And true, alot of the McCain crap I got in the mail was pretty bad.
One asked me to send donations via credit card over US Mail. :lol

Pachael

speculawyer said:
If McCain had run like that, he might have won. It's not like the racists would have been so disgusted they would have voted for Obama.

Nahhh. Obama's game-changing campaign would have steamrolled just about anybody coming from the R side. It's the year of O.

ToxicAdam

Commenter Valiant: “Third order of business: De-brand the GOP of McCain and the idea that we need a RINO because ‘he can win.’ Never again.”

Fuck the far right wing of this party. They are too retarded to understand that it was McCain's lurch to the right (along with allowing Palin to be VP) that cost him this election.

DOOOOM

TDG

Banned
This was a good night. Tonight, PoliGAF, we celebrate. Tomorrow, we talk about what the impact of this will be, culturally, politically, and most of all, what Obama's going to do to deliver the change he promised.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Incredible how accurate some of the state projections were on... some of the election sites...

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
VaLiancY said:
I'm just happy I saw people in my age demographic voting heavily. Obama winning is great enough but seeing the effort that my generation did was even more stunning.

Don't be surprised.....we were trained by American Idol.

Ponn

Banned
Also somebody needs to make a video montage like old school WWF to "A BRAND NEW DAY" by U2 featuring Obama's greatest hits.

dark_chris

Can't believe this is real.
Its an awesome day indeed. =)
33o5mxc.jpg

Posting in legendary thread.

yuna55

reilo said:
Dude, seriously, I don't think anyone gives a shit right now about Missouri :lol

For real! I'm in shitty shitty Missouri and I don't give a SHIT! OBAMA!

Coming from the extreme Red state, I'm just happy for:

WEBobamastlouisvert.standalone.prod_affiliate.42.jpg

And I was there.

E-phonk

Banned
Good job America, congratz.

I've been watching 'till now, it's 05.43 in the morning and I have to work in 2 hours - but I'm proud about the choice you all made. Also: reading poligaf these lasts months was great - I got a lot of information from it and enjoyed all your contributions.

Godspeed, You! Black Emperor.

Macam

Banned
I can't wait for the final state tally and Congressional tallies, but I will just say: WOOOOOO! I'm off to go downtown and get piss drunk. I expect 90 pages+ when I get back. Get on it, GAF.

Also, I'm disowning my brother.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Red Scarlet said:
Had McCain's campaign been as classy as his concession speech, this could have been a different election.
Yep, but what can you do when Obama refuses to participate in town hall debates?

In seriousness, a very good concession speech, worthy of the man I thought McCain was before this campaign. I wish he hadn't congratulated Palin on the way she campaigned for him, because it just reminded me of what a farce this speech really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom