• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpacLock

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Also, congrats PoliGAf! 13k+ posts! Love you guys!

painey

I wouldn't want to be the most hated black man in the entire country, where guns are legal. I wouldnt be surprised if they rent out the Pope-mobile for him, very scary.

GhaleonQ

Shard said:
What is the congress race looking like?

57-59 Senate and a ridiculous amount of D's in the House.

State governments are also swinging Democratic. You literally run all 3 branches of government with little-to-no opposition on the state and national levels. Even '02 and '04 weren't that good for Republicans.

Fox318

PhoenixDark said:
Also, McCain's concession nearly brought me to tears. Truly a gracious end to this story. He could have dragged this out and really bled the country. I want the Old McCain back
Agreed, I wish McCain was the President in 2000. He clearly had the leadership skills and vison that would have led this country into a better place.

sangreal

GhaleonEB said:
Wait, two million votes were cast before today in Georgia, but 2.5m have been counted with 88% reporting? Some MAJOR bullshit going on right there.

Seriously, we spent the past week or two fawning over GA early voter numbers and now people say its not important that they aren't even being included in the count (yet? I read a comment elsewhere that they are added after all precincts report). It doesn't matter for Obama at this point, but the Senate race could hinge on those votes

Phoenix

Just watched the Mccain concession speech - Mccain remains an honorable man. Much respect John... that was a wonderful speech.

Yes Boss! said:
gobama.jpg
:D :D

Azure J

Holy shit, Brookyln has gone WILD at the news. There are people coming up to our doorstep saying "The change is here."

Next thing you kow, there'll be a community wide singing of Kumbaya. :lol

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
McCain gets no respect from me. You can't run that type of a bullshit campaign and then expect to erase it all with a gracious concession speech.

This old guy whacked the beehive full of racists and evangelicals and then runs away, leaving Barack to deal with it.

Fuck him.

Zapages

We all live in a times of change for the better. Now the time of testing begins.

I can't believe it!!! We won!!! NeoGaf was down, but we did still!!! Nice job everyone!

Zamorro

Congratulations to everyone, but damn, what heavy burden of expectations this one fragile man carries on his back. I wish him all the best.

Zyzyxxz

Fox318 said:
Agreed, I wish McCain was the President in 2000. He clearly had the leadership skills and vison that would have led this country into a better place.

I use to like him and now I kinda do again.

Back when he went on the Daily show a few years back I knew I would want him to be president.

Times changed and so did ideologies.

Either I am glad Obama won and hopefully we can start getting this country back on track

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
RubxQub said:
McCain gets no respect from me. You can't run that type of a bullshit campaign and then expect to erase it all with a gracious concession speech.

This old guy whacked the beehive full of racists and evangelicals and then runs away, leaving Barack to deal with it.

Fuck him.
I agree, though not quite up to the "fuck him" level.

The McCain/Palin campaign resorted to too mcuh name calling, petty, personal attack, low down insulting attacks recently for me to truly think he's just going to suddenly become gracious.

But I do know that some level of that wasn't actual personal feelings and was just "win at all costs" random desperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom