• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

belvedere

Junior Butler
kzwater.gif

jawskz1.gif

kzbskzap12.gif

beachkzx1.gif

kzal1.gif

kzrun5.gif

mokz.gif

perronyeah.gif

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
hydragonwarrior said:
Originally Posted by Cirekiller:

You guys are joking right? Democrats would boo the same way if Obama lost. Imagine the posts of bitterness on GAF.

lol couldn't find Cirekiller's original post (thread is too big!) but i agree; there ARE as many diehard republicans as there are hardcord democrats, and i can see them heavily booing during certain parts if Barack had to make a concession speech

but man, this whole election felt like the Stanley Cup - with the winning team fans being overjoyed and losing team fans being deeply upset
QFT

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!
Obama elected president. Obama wins the state I grew up in - Indiana. I find out I'm going to be a father.

It's been a good day.

Askani

Some guy was freaking out about Obama in WoW over the /trade channel. He was complaining about how shitty it was he won and people were railing him left and right over it. He got so pissed and said he was leaving WoW because of it. I jokingly asked for his gold first before like 15 other people...and he gave it to me. Do you know what this means?

THE REDISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH UNDER OBAMA HAS ALREADY BEGUN!!! :lol

This is actually a true story.

Dax01 said:
Come on, someone call NC, IN, and Missouri please.

Since Missouri has always gone to president elect apparently (is that correct?), it will be interesting if that trend holds.

I can't wait for the speech by Obama.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
OMG the mob on BROADWAY IS AMAZING

but I came back to the poligaf cause I want to watch his speech :D

Lets, all hope that Obama is who he says he is, Im not so confident about our security as Americans, even less than when 911 happened. And thats saying a lot.

Teknoman

25u1cwm.jpg

オバマ氏、大票田で勝利を確実に 初の黒人大統領誕生へ

[obama], at large vote rice field victory securely to first black president birth

Babelfish :lol

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Phoenix said:
Just watched the Mccain concession speech - Mccain remains an honorable man. Much respect John... that was a wonderful speech.
Sorry, no, he doesn't "remain" honorable. He's attempting desperately to regain honor. Might have been a typo...one letter off.

Merguson

Banned
I know this is a historical day... but can people like wait until he does something... before declaring him the savior of America... it's disturbing...

This is amazing. People on the street in Chicago are hugging, cheering, and crying! This is epic. For the first time in a long time, it feels amazing to be living as an American citizen. We have taken the first step towards a better future.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
element said:
holy shit. that is some crazy ass stuff. especially some people saying that the end of days are coming since obama is now president.

I've always found it strange that the very people that fear a tyrannical government are okay with the idea of the same party having control for long periods of time. I'm a Democrat, but we shouldn't have a Democrat candidate win in every election...that's not how it should work.

Bush fucked up, it's only natural that the other party should win. If Democrats can deal with Bush Country for 8 years, I'm sure those nuts can survive in Obama's America.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Holy shit, i'm about to ride on down to the Ebenezer baptist church. They are going ape shit over there.

besada said:
The campaign he's run suggests differently. I know the assumption is that John McCain wasn't really being John McCain, and people are happy to blame anyone but John McCain, but it was his campaign and he signed off on every disgusting ad, every bullshit attack.

Doing the minimum of delivering a gracious concession speech doesn't change any of that. It's what he has to do to retain any say as a Senator in a Democratic controlled Senate. It's exactly like FOX suddenly doing a 360 on Obama.
I agree . . . . but I think he let a bunch of Bushies run his campaign thinking that they knew what to do to win. And that alone makes him sleazy. But he's got some conscious. If he was elected, I think he would have thrown aside many of the Bushies.

But I'm glad he was not elected.

santouras

Askani said:
Some guy was freaking out about Obama in WoW over the /trade channel. He was complaining about how shitty it was he won and people were railing him left and right over it. He got so pissed and said he was leaving WoW because of it. I jokingly asked for his gold first before like 15 other people...and he gave it to me. Do you know what this means?

THE REDISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH UNDER OBAMA HAS ALREADY BEGUN!!! :lol

This is actually a true story.
2uidxmo.jpg

Phoenix

kaching said:
Sorry, no, he doesn't "remain" honorable. He's attempting desperately to regain honor. Might have been a typo...one letter off.

I separate the man from the guy in the campaign...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Obama is still going to be sending emails to all his supporters even when he is in office?!

Damn, President Obama really does get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom