• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Sorry but I'm compelled to post this one more time:
Obeismann.jpg

scarybore

Nice speech, bit slow going at the start with the usual and expected soundbites but ended very strongly. Nice bit of history in the making, the emotion in the crowd is probably what I will remember most from all this.

Anyways, time for bed since its 5:20 here in the UK but it was worth staying up for.

Congrats America. Congrats.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Amazing speech, all I can say.

mYm|17|

that was one of the most inspiriational speeches I've ever heard in my lifetime and hell I teared up..................it was great

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
krackerjack said:
This is like a Hollywood movie ending where the good guys win at the end. On CNN...its...showing New York, LA, Chicago....people cheering, crying, hugging....this is amazing.

That is exactly how it feels like. Damn. Today is good to be an American.

7Th

As glad as I am Obama won, I don't think I'll ever understand the reactions and excitement in this thread. Maybe it is that I was pretty sure the election was his after he became candidate for the Democratic Party, though.

Damn look at this motherfucking candidate right here goddamn i wish I had done my bench press in the middle of this speech. The burning passion and power of hope would have surely allowed me to double my record...

Grimm Fandango said:
Is this song from Independence Day?

Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world, and you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. Mankind. That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom… Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution… but from annihilation. We're fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice: We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!

Ranger X

Great speech!!

I'm almost in tears because i'm EXTREMELY happy tonight. This man inspires something authentic. Things HAVE to move with him at the wheel, it's impossible that significant changes wouldn't happen.

Tonight America made a step forward instead of a step back. I'm really proud of everyone who did vote.

peace.

060922_BarackObama_Xtrawide.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnWVv-uk4Pg -- Skip to 5:46.

It's a new day... (we all can agree)
that the sun shines ... (brought to you absolutely free)

Free as running water,
Fresh as morning dew,

No matter who's the leader...
When the sun sets down...
It's gone Barack Obama, So race for your life...

Take a chance cause there's no second dance... (Till it's a new day)
I'll tell you a secret...
You're about to face a test...
And you'll have to do your best...
Don't forget, just remember...
Just remember (don't forget)

Your life is free as running water...
Fresh as morning dew...

No matter who's the winner,
(If you try) We're behind you...
Barack Obama!

Race for your life, Barack Obama!!

M3wThr33

Banned
What does this mean?
"America decided to set civil rights back 80 years"

If it means what I think it does, I have no qualms. I just removed the man who said that from Facebook and Myspace. I'm done. I know he's a religious conservative, but fucking Christ, that's INSULTING.

My best guess is that he thinks he was only elected because Obama is black.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Anybody have that Obama made up ad that was like look at this pretty mf'er etc... can ya post it?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Shard said:
I think we might just have witnessed one of the most profound and pivotal speeches in American History one that will transcend the ages and be quoted by the future generation.

Agreed.

Historical Perspective, Present Perspective, and Future Perspective. Eloquent and uncompromising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom