• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brannon

Amazing what a community organizer can become with an average donation of ~$80/person.

Rudy - "Community Organizer? What is that!?"

HE'S YOUR FUCKING BOSS!

Shard said:
I think we might just have witnessed one of the most profound and pivotal speeches in American History one that will transcend the ages and be quoted by the future generation.
This. Holy fuck.
I am already a thousand times prouder to be an American than I was at the end of the last election--finally a leader to respect. Here's to hoping he doesn't fuck up after all the trust we've overwhelmingly devoted to him...

yuna55

Oprah's crying, now I'm crying.

OH NO, NOT THE GIRLS! HE PICKED UP & HELD THE ONE! THEY'RE GETTING A PUPPY! STOP THE TEARS! STOP THE TEARS!

Oh shit! Biden's mom or whoever that elderly lady is on stage is looking at Obama's family, like, "WTF?! What have we done?!" haha

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
is there just some way we can get bush out right now and give obama a 40+ day head start?

best approval ratings for bush ever if he went willingly.

DMczaf

oh1kx3.jpg

Souldriver said:
EPIC

I can't thank you enough America, with this gesture alone, your credibility shot up a billion points in the world.

Thank you world for your help. Those huge crowds in Germany, the Mexican immigrant volunteers, the town of Obama in Japan . . . it all helped. :D

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
From somewhere else...

Wow. When it flashed across the TV screen that Barrack Obama is our next president, my heart and soul was flooded with sorrow and torment. Tears started falling down my face as I sat in the living room with my unsaved husband as I felt the dread of what was to come for all those who do not know Jesus. I didn't mourn because of who was elected, I mourn for those who are going to be left behind, I feel a great urgency to do my part even more in the great commission. I know that this man our nation elected as president is God's doing, ...the question is, has your ministry begun, what are you, all of us doing to plant seeds int he souls of mankind, are you on fire for the Lord in these end of times? Forgive my rambling, but the passion for my Jesus is pumping through my veins!

And My God said he sends us out as sheep amongst the wolves!!! And the Leader of the pack just entered his den!!!

And so it begins...

HOW? How can someone say that after hearing this speech? Complete self-inflicted insanity.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Brannon said:
Amazing what a community organizer can become with an average donation of ~$80/person.

Rudy - "Community Organizer? What is that!?"

HE'S YOUR FUCKING BOSS!
That's Mr. President to you, motherfucker.

-Kees-

Posting this again since it got caught right before Barack's speech.

MEGATON INDIANA UPDATE, I SWEAR THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT!

Obama now leads by 16,200 votes. 97% of precincts reporting.

IMPORTANT:

Allen County

McCain: 76,728 52%
Obama: 69,934 47%

97% reporting

Jasper County

McCain: 4,836 59%
Obama: 3,248 40%

72% Reporting

Jennings County

McCain: 5,883 54%
Obama: 4,852 44%

96% of precincts reporting

Wayne County

McCain: 0
Obama: 0

Wayne County went 16,500-10,000 for Bush in 2004.

(don't know WTF is up with this county)

These are the ONLY COUNTIES LEFT WHERE MCCAIN IS LEADING IN.

Compared to Obama

Lake County is going for Obama 67-32 with 8% of precincts yet to report. He also a lead in LaPorte County 57-41 with 10% of precincts left to report. He also has Monroe county, which he is leading 65-34 with 6% left to report.

Obama may very well have an insurmountable lead in Indiana.

Amazing.

god that speech was perfect
i wish i would've stayed for it at grant park, but i left after they called ohio (because that pretty much sealed it).
my mom and i were just sitting and watching this speech, both of us in tears

This night will be forever memorable.

His speech was amazing, I choked up. I even choked up at the montage of all the cities.

I recommend in the next few days we move this thread to archives... and create a new poli-gaf thread titled: Poli-GAF: Looking Forward. It would be fitting to shut this one down.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
That speech made me tear up, as well as both of my parents.

I'm so proud to call this man my President.

It's really beginning to hit me how monumental this is. I'm young, but I'll be surprised if I see another presidential election as important as this one in my lifetime. All I have to compare it to, of course, is Clinton and Bush, and they of course had victory speeches given to ballrooms full of people as well, but this is just in a different universe from them.

The total votes won't be in for awhile of course, but the turnout this election will be way bigger than anything in recent history--especially by young voters. This wasn't just the changing of the guard that happens every 4 or 8 years--this was the fucking birth of a new generation of Americans.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Tamanon said:
Goddammit, I'm a white guy, I'm not supposed to be crying now:(
dude, i've broken down 2 or 3 times tonight.

i mean, if obama can win, anything can happen.

*thinks of Lions in the superbowl*

well... maybe not ANYTHING... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom