• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of Tears/Lapel Pins (ScratchingHisCheek-Gate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
:lol :lol Chris Matthews is cracking up right now remembering Bill O'Reilly being surprised black restaurants used forks and knives.

Triumph

Banned
Lefty42o said:
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0308/From_the_schedules_Working_on_Nafta.html#comments

This, from the tail end of an AP story, is the first hint of news I've seen out of Clinton's White House schedules:

She was also involved in helping her husband win congressional approval of the North American Free Trade Agreement, a deal she now criticizes and says she would try to change.

Her schedule for Nov. 10, 1993, shows her speaking at a NAFTA briefing closed to the media, with 120 people expected to attend.
FUCKING PWNED

Triumph

Banned
BotoxAgent said:
Hopefully, once the MSM gets bored with the Wright thing, the narrative will shift to Hillary's record.
I'm actually thinking there will be some Hillary mini-scandals right before PA. April 15th is tax day, you know? So either they'll release their tax returns right before PA and there might be something questionable to be found, or they'll get an extension which will seem... fishy. To say the least.

Cheebs

Also that hillary thing will get little play. Why? No video. Cable news loves things with video clips they can play over and over.

Triumph

Banned
Cheebs said:
Also that hillary thing will get little play. Why? No video. Cable news loves things with video clips they can play over and over.
I'm thinking there will be a nice clip of it from the debate they have right before the election. :D

thekad

Banned
The media won't hammer Clinton on this. Why bother, according to CNN she already has the nomination wrapped up.

Triumph

Banned
Amir0x said:
so what's the layout of the political landscape today
Obama gave a speech on Iraq/Turrorism/Natl. Security.
Hillary released 11k pages of her schedule while the first lady. Main revelation so far: she DID actively stump for NAFTA in 93. lolz.
McCain is still old lol.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Triumph said:
Hillary released 11k pages of her schedule while the first lady. Main revelation so far: she DID actively stump for NAFTA in 93. lolz.
McCain is still old lol.

and Huckabee defended Obama

CoolTrick

Banned
:lol You people.

The whole NAFTA thing was a battle over blue collar votes.

Guess which politician's scandal heavily trumps the other's to this sect?

Triumph

Banned
CoolTrick said:

Guess who's gonna be doing the *clap clap, point point* in a first day speech endorsing Presidential Candidate Obama in Denver later this year.

Triumph said:
Guess who's gonna be doing the *clap clap, point point* in a first day speech endorsing Presidential Candidate Obama in Denver later this year.
:lol

that clap clap point point this pisses me off so fucking much for some reason. she's just full of fake. big goofy smile the whole time too.

CoolTrick

Banned

Oh come on. I know Obama's gonna be toast in the general, but I don't think McCain will be THAT much of a sore winner about it!

Smiles and Cries said:
what is this clap clap point point thing?

I'm always last to know the new memes :(
Watch the beginning of the debates and other events. Hilldawg always does 2 fake claps with a goof smile, then points to people in the audience. It's really funny once you start noticing it.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Triumph said:
McCain is still old lol.

obama gave another speech? i dont see anything about it on any websites..

http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/

Clinton's first lady schedule released
Clinton: 'Grave mistake' to ignore Michigan, Florida
Florida senators offer plan to seat delegates

Obama: Wright controversy...
Mounting frustration with Obama in Michigan...

oi vey.. :/

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
CoolTrick said:

you damned obama for 'lying' about having heard some controversial statements from wright .. do you have anything to say about hillary's blatant lies and manipulation over this whole NAFTA thing?

Lefty42o

Banned
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4484076&page=1

The documents also fail to shed light on the most controversial of the eight years the Clintons were in the White House.

On Dec. 7, 2000, the former first lady's schedule lists all private White House meetings with no names attached.

It was the very time her two brothers and others were trying to broker pardons for convicted drug dealers and billionaire fugitive Marc Rich.

"We're not seeing the dark side of the moon," Smith said. "We're not seeing those meetings that she had in private with key people, with contributors, with people that were seeking to influence certain policies. That seems to be entirely absent."

Lefty42o said:

The documents also fail to shed light on the most controversial of the eight years the Clintons were in the White House.

On Dec. 7, 2000, the former first lady's schedule lists all private White House meetings with no names attached.

It was the very time her two brothers and others were trying to broker pardons for convicted drug dealers and billionaire fugitive Marc Rich.

"We're not seeing the dark side of the moon," Smith said. "We're not seeing those meetings that she had in private with key people, with contributors, with people that were seeking to influence certain policies. That seems to be entirely absent."

oi

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Lefty42o said:

Wait a second.

What about Obama's CRAZY PASTOR??????

Lefty42o

Banned
maximum360 said:

this is that character issue i been saying for weeks. i just don't trust the woman.

human5892 said:
Wait a second.

What about Obama's CRAZY PASTOR??????

crazy uncle guy from the civil rights movement spewing his mouth vs selling pardons

thats not even close.

GhaleonEB

Lefty42o said:

Watch the full report tonight on "World News With Charles Gibson" at 6:30 p.m. ET.
Looks like it might be getting some attention after all.

Lefty42o

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Looks like it might be getting some attention after all.

we have been waiting years to just see anything from those years. i expect as they go thru the 17,000 pages much more will come up.

Faux Newz just mentioned Hillary's NAFTA support issue and her not having involvement on the FMLA act (even though she said she involved in pushing it through).

siamesedreamer said:
We probably won't know all the good stuff for another couple of days. But, depending on what else comes out, that may benefit her.

I see what you mean, there will be the simpathy vote....

mashoutposse

Ante Up
Lefty42o said:

Time to disown her brothers.

GhaleonEB

DreamMachine said:
I see what you mean, there will be the simpathy vote....
Yeah, it all depends on the media framing. IIRC, it was an ABC news story on Wright that started the fiasco, and they're doing a story on these papers framed around what's in their online preview. If that establishes the media narrative for this story, it could dwarf any sympathy vote.

But then, the media does love those sex scandals.

Odrion

Banned
quadriplegicjon said:
you damned obama for 'lying' about having heard some controversial statements from wright .. do you have anything to say about hillary's blatant lies and manipulation over this whole NAFTA thing?
I'm convinced most people who go after Obama in this thread are doing so for the sake of trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom