• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of Tears/Lapel Pins (ScratchingHisCheek-Gate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I doubt Romney could have won anyway. Winner take all + McCain's maverick image probably would have carried him regardless

siamesedreamer said:
Wright isn't the one thing (I outlined them way back earlier in this thread). I was kinda trending that way anyway. It just sealed the deal.
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt as to the fact that this was ACTUALLY your thought process. However, how on earth, if these several things have turned you away from Obama, are you able to continually support Hillary? She has far more sketchy shit in her closet.

grandjedi6

TheKingsCrown said:
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt as to the fact that this was ACTUALLY your thought process. However, how on earth, if these several things have turned you away from Obama, are you able to continually support Hillary? She has far more sketchy shit in her closet.

uh... I don't think SD supports Hillary... at all

When I started following Romney back in 2006 he was in my mind without question the best up-and-coming GOPer. Maybe the sitdown interviews I saw didn't translate as well or what. But, the dude completely flopped. Embarrassingly.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I think Olbermann is about to run with Ed Rendell's comment and the Gallup poll showing Obama being up.

Tamanon

Banned
Shockingly, Olbermann is on the Pro-Obama side from the story;)

Lieberman really doesn't want the Dems to get any more seats in the Senate, because his ass will be kicked to the curb so quickly if he keeps talking like this.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/04/14/lieberman-its-a-good-question-to-ask-if-obama-is-a-marxist/

NAPITALIANO: Hey Sen. Lieberman, you know Barack Obama, is he a Marxist as Bill Kristol says might be the case in today’s New York Times? Is he an elitist like your colleague Hillary Clinton says he is?

LIEBERMAN: Well, you know, I must say that’s a good question. I know him now for a little more than three years since he came into the Senate and he’s obviously very smart and he’s a good guy. I will tell ya that during this campaign, I’ve learned some things about him, about the kind of environment from which he came ideologically. And I wouldn’t…I’d hesitate to say he’s a Marxist, but he’s got some positions that are far to the left of me and I think mainstream America.

APF

siamesedreamer said:
When I started following Romney back in 2006 he was in my mind without question the best up-and-coming GOPer. Maybe the sitdown interviews I saw didn't translate as well or what. But, the dude completely flopped. Embarrassingly.
I think Romney would have made the best R President out of the bunch, but his campaign and personal identity management was awful and uninspiring. It's funny, the GOP race was arguably a lot more diverse and potentially interesting than the Dem one, yet was boring and lame in comparison.

reilo

Tamanon said:
Shockingly, Olbermann is on the Pro-Obama side from the story;)

Well, someone has to be!

APF said:
I think Romney would have made the best R President out of the bunch, but his campaign and personal identity management was awful and uninspiring. It's funny, the GOP race was arguably a lot more diverse and potentially interesting than the Dem one, yet was boring and lame in comparison.

It was? I couldn't tell by all the Reagan cock-sucking and pro-war rhetoric.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
siamesedreamer said:

Would you have voted for him?
I liked him better then McCain.

grandjedi6 said:
uh... I don't think SD supports Hillary... at all

I would support her over Obama in that she would probably govern more as a centrist. Other than that, you're correct. It would be fun to watch scandal after scandal though.

Cheebs

siamesedreamer said:
He would have been completely blown out in the general. Reagan '80-'84 margins though. McCain at least (while he'll lose) will have a respectable showing.

Tamanon

Banned
I dunno, Romney could actually rally the base once they got past the Mormon part. McCain has a patchwork coalition mainly built on people that are just anti-Dem.

Suikoguy said:
Would you have voted for him?
I liked him better then McCain.

Probably. But, the mess he left in MA with the healthcare thing would give me pause.

Come to think of it, I should prolly start a thread on that story.

grandjedi6

siamesedreamer said:

"Senator McCain congratulations, all it took was grit, patience and what was, in retrospect, a cartoonishly weak field of opponents" -- Jon Stewart commenting on McCain's seizure of the Republican nomination

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
harSon said:
As an Evangelical Christian, what words in Obama's statements 'rubbed you the wrong way'?

The takeaway that I (and a bunch of other religious) folks got was that religion was a reaction to the bitterness. In other words, oversimplifying the reasons why folks choose to believe. I saw the video I linked to and bought his explanation.

reilo

Olbermann about to talk about McCain being sued over violating a campaign financing law... the McCain-Feingold financing law.

reilo

Xeke said:
Rendell says Obama will win PA in the fall and that he expects her to win by 6% next week.:lol

And 6% is a landslide for Hillary!

Xeke

Banned
Cheebs said:
The Clinton guys are just trying to downplay expectations so if she wins by 10-12 it will seem out of nowhere.

Yeah. But him saying the Obama will win PA in fall kinda undercuts Clintons argument that he can't win big states.

ralexand

100% logic failure rate
Wow, it doesn't inspire confidence when your main supporter in PA says your opponent is going to win the democratic nomination.

Question, When Gov. Ed Rendell said that Some people in Penn. will not vote for Barack because he's black and when Barack Obama stated that some will not vote for him because of antipathy for those who does not look like them, isn't he saying practically the same thing?

Piper Az

VanMardigan said:
The takeaway that I (and a bunch of other religious) folks got was that religion was a reaction to the bitterness. In other words, oversimplifying the reasons why folks choose to believe. I saw the video I linked to and bought his explanation.

It's true that Obama has oversimplified it, but his core intent was partially true. People care about the 2nd amendment and religious value (gay marriage, abortion), but it is odd to see people making them the only issue when it comes to voting for president. Americans, in general, have lost faith in the government in may aspect, whether it's the bread & butter economy, small business, civil liberty or even national security. And this current cynical feeling is pretty sad.

ralexand

100% logic failure rate
gluv65 said:
Question, When Gov. Ed Rendell said that Some people in Penn. will not vote for Barack because he's black and when Barack Obama stated that some will not vote for him because of antipathy for those who does not look like them, isn't he saying practically the same thing?
It's like using the n word though. Blacks can say it...

Colbert's live on Larry King. He was just talking about the candidates and had some interesting, if in-character, points. I love how Larry can take it all in stride.

Triumph

Banned
Tamanon said:
Yeah, he's anti-Obama, anti-Hillary, anti-McCain, pro-Bobby Cox.

Because he's used to disappointment in the fall.
:-/

Hey man, there's innocent bystander Braves fans getting hurt in your snark crossfire. Lay off!

what a clusterfuck this is turning into. The Dems had the election handed to them on a platter and they are finding a way to screw it all up. Democrats=Sega

reilo

Ninja Scooter said:
what a clusterfuck this is turning into. The Dems had the election handed to them on a platter and they are finding a way to screw it all up. Democrats=Sega

Stick to sport threads, thanks!

PhoenixDark said:
Ayers? I'm unfamiliar with this

Bill Ayers. American terrorist [member of Weather Underground, bombed FBI building in 1975] with whom Obama had a meeting with some 15 years ago...

Pardoned by Bill Clinton :lol

Tamanon

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Ayers? I'm unfamiliar with this

William Ayers, one of the Weathermen from back in the 60s or 70s. Obama met him once or twice in his earliest days in politics. It's generally seen as not a big deal by many, because he's actually a respected person in Chicago politics now.

Nothing else, just a meeting or two. Hannity has been beating that drum for almost half a year now.

reilo said:
Stick to sport threads, thanks!

go3.jpg

Cheebs

siamesedreamer said:
Dick Morris on Fox was cool when Hillary was the presumed nominee. But, now he's a waste of air time.
Does he still only vent his absurd anger for the Clintons abandoning him in the 90's?

Triumph said:
:-/

Hey man, there's innocent bystander Braves fans getting hurt in your snark crossfire. Lay off!

Whatever happened to this siamesedreamer poster supposedly voting for Obama based on his 'health-care plan alone'?

I didn't buy it then, I don't buy it now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom