• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of Tears/Lapel Pins (ScratchingHisCheek-Gate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolTrick

Banned
Does he still only vent his absurd anger for the Clintons abandoning him in the 90's?

Oh yes. His RasmussenReports articles are laughable. You can almost PREDICT the title if it's by Dick Morris. He sucks.

Triumph

Banned
Instigator said:
Whatever happened to this siamesedreamer poster supposedly voting for Obama based on his 'health-care plan alone'?

I didn't buy it then, I don't buy it now!
Yeah, too good to be true and all that.

Also, ENTER THE SPIN ZONE! COOLTRICK HAS RETURNED!!!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Triumph said:
Yeah, too good to be true and all that.

Also, ENTER THE SPIN ZONE! COOLTRICK HAS RETURNED!!!

siren2.jpg

reilo

Dartastic said:
Of Portland, maybe. PRESIDENT OF PORTLAND! WHAT A NICE RING IT HAS! :lol

If he gets Portland a ring, I'm voting that motherfucker President of whatever he's running for.

Don't know if this has been posted yet. But from Politico. As if we didn't know this to begin with.

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.), who has cast herself in the past few days as a champion of gun owners, had a very different message when she spoke eight years ago to the Newspaper Association of America.

“CLINTON TAKES AIM AT GUNS,” said the all-caps headline on the group’s Web site after she told members in May 2000, during her Senate campaign, that “there isn’t a more important task” than passing gun-safety laws.

God I hope the media puts this out there and calls her out on how she transformed into a church going gun owner over the weekend.

reilo

siamesedreamer said:
I'm evolving. Y'all evolutionists should appreciate that.

Will you evolve into believing in global warming or is that a pipe dream?

ralexand

100% logic failure rate
The funny thing is that the Clinton campaign can't make up there minds what to be indignant about. When the story first broke, they had all those I'm not bitter signs made and when they realized that wasn't getting alot of traction and people started saying "Well, actually I am bitter." they started to focus on the cling remark. Now they don't even mention bitter in those latest ad.

The one thing you see from Barack is that. You watch all the videos of Barack on Charlie Rose from years ago about this issue and about the Iraq war. You get the same answer. How about some consistency Mrs. Clinton.

CoolTrick

Banned
By the way, some more examples of Hillary NOT throwing everything she's been able to at him:

Her new add cites the "cling to guns or religion" part of what Obama said, but NOT the even worse remaining part of it.

reilo

CoolTrick said:
By the way, some more examples of Hillary NOT throwing everything she's been able to at him:

Her new add cites the "cling to guns or religion" part of what Obama said, but NOT the even worse remaining part of it.

That makes all her past negative attacks okay, don't it?

Cheebs

CoolTrick said:

what was worse?

Dartastic

reilo said:
Wait, who the fuck are you :lol?

I live in Portland. Yeah. Anyway, I saw this really old dude in the Pearl wearing an awesome hat the other day. It said "PROgress is the opposite of CONgress." I laughed. I wanted it immediately.

reilo

Dartastic said:
I live in Portland. Yeah. Anyway, I saw this really old dude in the Pearl wearing an awesome hat the other day. It said "PROgress is the opposite of CONgress." I laughed. I wanted it immediately.

I just asked because I never seen you in the NBA threads so my first assumption is you are nothing but a GOOF [Greg Oden Only Fan, aka bandwagoner, no offense :lol].

CoolTrick

Banned
what was worse?

She didn't include the part after "cling to guns or religion or...", basically accusing Pennsylvanians of being xenophobes.

That makes all her past negative attacks okay, don't it?

Obama used Bosnia in an attack ad. Attack ads are a part of the process. Of course her past negative attacks are okay.

CoolTrick

Banned
Don't know if this was posted, but Obama's comments caused Hillary to gain a Superdelegate today:

Hillary picked up a superdelegate in Montana today. Bill Kennedy is the Yellowstone County Commissioner and very well respected in the state party. Won't affect the younger voters in Missoula and Bozeman, but will probably have some sway with the rest of the Dems here.

"Kennedy said Sen. Obama's remarks last week at a San Francisco fundraiser solidified his support for Sen. Clinton...
"In Montana, going to church or going hunting is part of our heritage, not something we 'cling to' out of bitterness or frustration," Kennedy said. "Sen. Obama showed a real disconnect with rural Montana. It might work to look down on us from San Francisco, but it won't sell when he comes back to Montana."

Dartastic

reilo said:
I just asked because I never seen you in the NBA threads so my first assumption is you are nothing but a GOOF [Greg Oden Only Fan, aka bandwagoner, no offense :lol].

No worries. I'm more of a casual sports fan anyway. I stay out of those discussions because I'm not near as diehard as many, many other people are. Doesn't mean I can't support our team. :D

Edit: Looks like Obama isn't the only one saying awkward things lately. http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...izes-to-obama-for-snake-oil-remark/#more-6432

reilo

Clevinger said:
Wait, you don't believe in evolution?

He doesn't believe in global warming and he voted for GWB two elections in a row.

reilo

CoolTrick said:
I wonder what the timing of Bill Richardson's endorsement was...hmm...

If his endorsement was tactical, he would have done it before Ohio/Texas.

Triumph

Banned
CoolTrick said:
A brilliant piece of politics, one of many from Obama's campaign. I know it's not something your side is used to seeing...

Juice

Am I the only one who was secretly heartened by Obama's "cling to guns and religion" comment? It sounds exactly like something any irreligious person might say in that situation.

With all the Jesus bullshit Obama's (been forced to?) inject into his campaign to stave off the Muslim allegations, this whole bitter comment really represents my last hope that it's all for show and that he's actually not religious.

harSon

Banned
CoolTrick said:

Is your response to everything related to Obama?

"Hillary's latest choice of words were extremely distasteful."

"OBAMA HAD A FOURSOM WITH 2 WHITE WOMEN AND A HORSE!"

reilo

CoolTrick said:
Or, ya know, he just hadn't made up his mind at that point.

So how can it be tactical then?

:lol

Tactical move implies that Clinton locked up the Montana endorsement some while ago, but just waited for an opportune time to tell the super to come out and endorse her.

theBishop

Banned
Juice said:
Am I the only one who was secretly heartened by Obama's "cling to guns and religion" comment? It sounds exactly like something any irreligious person might say in that situation.

With all the Jesus bullshit Obama's (been forced to?) inject into his campaign to stave off the Muslim allegations, this whole bitter comment really represents my last hope that it's all for show and that he's actually not religious.

i think his statement had more to do with people trying to preserve their own small constants in a time of insecurity. i wouldn't read anything about Obama's personal spirituality into it.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
siamesedreamer said:
Bill Richardson gave nuclear secrets to the Chinese. Awesome...that's the kind of endorsment I would want!!!

Thankfully this forum is not taken serious when it comes to politics, only gaming :lol

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
an aside - anyone watching the Andersoon Cooper interview with a member of the FLDS?

she can't stare at the camera and sounds like she's reciting memorized soundbites. it's robotic and creepy.

Tamanon

Banned
That was pretty damn hilarious.

"You know, if you don't think you're better than most Americans, then WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THE RACE?"

Jon Stewart went off.:lol

Tamanon said:
That was pretty damn hilarious.

"You know, if you don't think you're better than most Americans, then WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THE RACE?"

Jon Stewart went off.:lol

HAHAHAHAHA, I need to see that.

Anyway, why such an outcry over Obama saying the truth? It's getting more and more obvious that politicians cannot treat many of us americans as adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom