• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deus Ex Machina said:
oil_spill_on_fire.jpg

WOW, powerful picture!!!!!

Tamanon

Banned
2696893289_a55d8faff0.jpg

"JERUSALEM (AP) — Democratic presidential contender Barack Obama paid a predawn visit to the holiest place in Judaism on Thursday, bowing his head in prayer at the Western Wall.

Obama placed a small note inside a crevice in the ancient wall, a custom observed by many. He made his brief stop as he completed a trip to the Middle East in which he met with Israeli and Palestinian leaders as well as Jordan's King Abdullah II.

Orthodox men at the wall for morning prayers ran down the steps to get a look at Obama. Many reached out to shake his hand, although one booming voice called out, "Obama, Jerusalem is not for sale!"

Obama's visit lasted less than 15 minutes. He was flying to Europe immediately afterward for stops in Germany, France and England before returning home over the weekend. "

Cancel the sirens Drudge!:p

lopaz

Banned
That oil thing is a PR disaster! He was about to go stand on a platform to say how great it was, then one of them dumps tonnes of harmful waste into the sea right nearby. YEAH

lopaz said:
That oil thing is a PR disaster! He was about to go stand on a platform to say how great it was, then one of them dumps tonnes of harmful waste into the sea right nearby. YEAH
that is so messed up luck for McCain :lol

Tamanon

Banned
Seriously this whole week has been day after day of McCain's camp either screwing up or having some odd occurrence throwing everything out of whack, I expect some sort of freak tornado at this Ohio event.:lol

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
soul creator said:
needs more "dog inside wall" from that caption thread posted earlier
DogWallBama.jpg

KRS7

mckmas8808 said:
Why the hell arent more guys on GAF talking about this very damning video?!

Because there are dozens of videos which show McCain is a liar but none of them have really changed the dynamic of the race. This video is just another. As we've seen with CBS editing, the media will continue to protect McCain and hide his past statements.

mckmas8808 said:

Hindsight is 20/20. McCain was wrong about Iraq like everyone else, but I don't see how anyone can deny that he supported changing the policy. The video shows a variety of clips that show McCain disagreeing with Bush but at the end of the day he's the one who started really pushing to kick Rumsfield's shit out the door and change things

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2004/12/05/524/76856
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2003-11-05-mccain-usat_x.htm

LuCkymoON

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
yeah seriously. Obama could just take this video to a debate and play it back to everything McCain says.

PhoenixDark said:
Hindsight is 20/20. McCain was wrong about Iraq like everyone else, but I don't see how anyone can deny that he supported changing the policy. The video shows a variety of clips that show McCain disagreeing with Bush but at the end of the day he's the one who started really pushing to kick Rumsfield's shit out the door and change things

this is a bullshit excuse, stop using it to protect these idiots. Anyone with a brain and the ability to gather information could tell you Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 or Al qaeda.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
scola said:
that was pretty powerful, thank you for bumping it up

Yeah it's a huge list of quotes on video showing and Bush were lock step. Now McCain says he disagreed with the last 3 to 4 years.

The man is straight lying.

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
PhoenixDark said:

"The one"? Only if pretty much every elected Democrat (many of whom called for Rumsfeld to resign, which McCain did not do) doesn't count. And if "change things" means "send more troops".

McCain criticized the war in 2003 when the insurgency was getting bad, shut up in 2004 during the campaign, then started talking smack about Rumsfeld after the election. It's his usual pattern of ostentatious maverickosity when not much is at stake, and folding like a lawn chair when voting time comes.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
PhoenixDark said:
Hindsight is 20/20. ]

It's not about hindsight. We were bitching about going into Iraq from the outset. Unless you were truck driving mouth breathing retard with too many flags on your bumper.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Smiles and Cries said:
why is Drudgereport trying to hypr up the one guy shouting at the Wall?

I'm sleepy when is this Germany speech?

1) Drudge is a big time Republican.

2) at 9AM CST (I thinkg)

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
McCain Quest

"The Search for Attention"

Background music: All by Myself

Goddamn you Stewart, you brilliant motherfucker.

Farmboy

mckmas8808 said:

Don't blame me, I linked it here before, suggesting you should all digg it (before the mccainiacs bury it again).

One of the most shameful things about this campaign has been the treatment of Wes Clark by the press and pundits. Even just yesterday, Clark set Joe Scarbs straight on the "surge" beyond the dumbed down version the media and the GOP like to push. Today, since Wes isn't around, Joe stops backpedaling and aserts that Clark was wrong and he was right. Typical, while at the same time insulting everyone who disagrees with him as cheeto-eating...etc.

I'm just amazed this week at how the GOP has managed to get the entire focus on the "surge". Obama has to talk about it in every interview and the pundits are going wild with it too. Suddenly, the judgement about the surge is more important than the judgement to go to war? I understand the GOP dumbing things down to appeal to their low information voters but I didn't think the major networks and all of cable news who welcome this so handily.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
maximum360 said:
but I didn't think the major networks and all of cable news who welcome this so handily.

Look, the polls are showing Obama up by a substantial margin. The electoral map by even more. They want a close race which means they have to jump all over Obama and give McCain a free pass.

Tamanon

Banned
The reason the messaging about the surge has worked this weekend is that the Obama campaign is not blasting a message since he's overseas. I expect a bit more pushing once he comes back.

PHOTOS: BARACK OBAMA meets with Angela Merkel, who decides to come to Berlin, after all

2008_07_24t055111_450x385_us_usa_obama_germany.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama (L) meets with German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin July 24, 2008. (Jim Young/Reuters)

2008_07_24t055153_450x327_us_usa_obama_germany.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama (L) meets with German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin July 24, 2008. (Jim Young/Reuters)

capt.16a52b28180f495d8facd4d620d66515.germany_obama_2008_kno101.jpg

U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., and German Chancellor Angela Merkel, right, wave from a balcony prior to talks at the chancellery in Berlin Thursday, July 24, 2008.
(AP Photo/Jens Meyer)

2008_07_24t055124_355x450_us_usa_obama_germany.jpg

r885402080.jpg

US Democratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) (L) walks with German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin July 24, 2008. REUTERS/Jim Young (GERMANY)

2008_07_24t055209_450x339_us_usa_obama_germany.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama poses with German Chancellor Angela Merkel at the chancellery in Berlin, in front of Reichstag building, July 24, 2008.
(Hannibal Hanschke/Reuters)

capt.5d6a8eaa656a464f8f07c46ff1da8294.germany_obama_2008_deuh107.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., left, walks with German Chancellor Angela Merkel to pose for photos in Berlin, Thursday, July 24, 2008.
(AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)

2008_07_24t055314_450x308_us_usa_obama_germany.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama stands in front of a window with a view of the German Parliament building Reichstag during a meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin July 24, 2008. (Jim Young/Reuters)

capt.0c20a3c4751f41e38912b3dbb09d03b0.germany_obama_2008_fb103.jpg

Two people costumed in uniforms holding American flags are pictured in front of Berlin's Brandenburg gate in Berlin, Germany, on Thursday, July 24, 2008. U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., visits Berlin Thursday, July 24, 2008.
(AP Photo/Fabian Bimmer)

Tamanon

Banned
*** Blog fodder: Also, don’t miss this little shot Obama took at Fox News when talking at his avail about the information/news the soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan are getting. “Sure, they are well informed, especially because you know [Major] Garrett’s on their home channel. How is it that Fox News has such an impact with Armed Forces television?” Garrett, also on the plane, answered: “Choice.” Then Obama replied: “Is that the commander-in-chief’s choice?” Over to you, Mr. O'Reilly!

:lol :lol

Cheebs

Tamanon said:
Nevermind, apparently according to First Read, it's at 130 EST. Not sure where that old time I had came from, lol.
It opens at 10:30 but he doesn't speak till 1:30. Apparently most of it (with obvious tweaks) is his stump speech that we have all gotten to know well over the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom