• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
If Edwards was a republican, this wouldn't be a story right now.

Tamanon

Banned
Oh you are shitting me, Brad Blakeman, with a straight face is saying that the "politics of personal destruction" are an evil thing and shouldn't be used.:lol

reilo

Tamanon said:
Welp there goes McCain's press conference on the Georgia war.

If McCain was smart, he'd say the craziest shit he possibly can right now.

reilo

What? Edwards was a serious vice presidential candidate? Since when?

gkryhewy

reilo said:

He does that every day! The man is delirious. I'm convinced he's going to go batshit at some point and Obama will end up with 55+% of the popular vote.

Tamanon

Banned
reilo said:

So.....just like normal then?

woeds: The affair, no, the coverup and lies to people in the campaign probably do.

reilo

woeds said:
What do you think PoliGAF? Does this destroy any chance Edwards had at a cabinet position?

Ooh. No Edwards as Attorney General then :(

woeds said:
What do you think PoliGAF? Does this destroy any chance Edwards had at a cabinet position?

Not necessarily. It does eliminate him from any major positions, I would think. He can still be the czar of the poors or what not.

reilo said:
Ooh. No Edwards as Attorney General then :(

It doesn't COMPLETELY destroy it, but it certainly is extremely detrimental. It's true everyone does make mistakes, but I think Obama is going to be more picky than anyone on making sure his administration really is fresh, new, and clean.

Tamanon

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
McCain is a fucking asshole! He acts like he knew nothing about that takeover? Dems need to jump on this everyday for 3 months.

To be fair, McCain has shown that he doesn't even remember saying "timetable" from a few days before. We could be looking at late-term Reagan memory here.

Well, in Edwards defense, I guess you could argue that you can have a lover for every America. He's 2 for 2 right now.

Is Mandark on suicide watch yet?

syllogism

Ambinder

* According to people close to the Edwardses, Elizabeth Edwards has secured a primetime speaking role at the Democratic National Convention; John Edwards, as of this point, does not, and people close to him think he will beg off and not attend the convention so as not to distract Obama. Obama aides would not say whether either Edwards is on the schedule.

Also:

David Bonior, Edwards' campaign manager for his 2008 presidential bid, said Friday he was disappointed and angry after hearing about Edwards' confession.

"Thousands of friends of the senators and his supporters have put their faith and confidence in him and he's let him down," said Bonior, a former congressman from Michigan. "They've been betrayed by his action."

Asked whether the affair would damage Edwards' future aspirations in public service, Bonior replied: "You can't lie in politics and expect to have people's confidence."

TDG

Banned
woeds said:
Fuck that douche. He cheated on his dying wife. Obama seems like a family guy, I doubt he'd bring anyone like that onto his cabinet.

maximum360 said:
Is Mandark on suicide watch yet?
Poor Mandark.

I tried to warn him, though.

APF said:
But... tabloid?
:lol

Nice.

APF

reilo said:
Finish this statement!

A broken clock is...
...accurate when it comes to certain types of stories and shouldn't always be immediately dismissed, as history has routinely shown?

Branduil: I swear, I get more shit for being right ...

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
APF said:
...accurate when it comes to certain types of stories and shouldn't always be immediately dismissed, as history has routinely shown?
...the broken clock did all that?

reilo

APF said:

When 95% of your stories and sales are based on lies, it's only natural for people to not believe the other 5% either.

Branduil

APF said:

Branduil: I swear, I get more shit for being right ...
It's not because you're right, it's because you go against the thread narrative.

reilo

Branduil said:
It's not because you're right, it's because you go against the thread narrative.

Uhm, there is no thread narrative. It's because most of the time we don't know if he's being facetious or just saying shit to say shit.

But if you are going to talk about narratives, then let's not dismiss that APF has his own agenda and narrative that he tries to push upon others.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Branduil said:
It's because he goes about his discussions in the most annoying ways possible, on purpose.

He just couldn't stay away, despite saying he would.

reilo

National Enquirer guy on phone with MSNBC wants Edwards to take an independent DNA test.

:lol

reilo

Tamanon said:
For the record, why are they called "love childs" anyways?

Because you are only supposed to have sex with someone if you love them, duh!

/puritan belief

Azih

Jason's Ultimatum said:
I keep telling this guy at the gym who hates Clinton and all he brings up is the best way to balance the budget is to raise taxes. He also says Clinton did a lot of short term borrowing.
Well to be fair, Clinton took full advantage of the dot com bubble. Money was flowing like wine.

Tamanon

Banned
Theoretically, at least the Repubs can't really use this against the Dems without dredging up McCain's first marriage and affair I would think. We'll see, I guess.

reilo

Tamanon said:
Theoretically, at least the Repubs can't really use this against the Dems without dredging up McCain's first marriage and affair I would think. We'll see, I guess.

Theoretically, communism is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom