• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheebs

Dax01 said:
Partially correct. Obama and McCain WILL appear on stage together. Obama will stay on when McCain's hour begins and they will shake hands and say hello...etc then Obama leaves.

Azih

speculawyer said:
Man I wish we lost the civil war.

Can't we just let them go now? It think we would all be happier. They could fly their stars & bars, ban the teaching of evolution, give everyone guns, require prayer in school, ban abortion . . . just leave and it all could be yours! OK, South? Just think about it.
http://fuckthesouth.com/

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Has this been posted before? Quite interesting:

election2008_HP_2.gif

reilo

Dax01 said:

No, No. Get the fuck out. We're not letting you visit the Liberty Bell and fucking Plymouth Rock anymore until you get over your real American selves and start respecting those other nine amendments. Who do you think those fucking stripes on the flag are for? Nine are for fucking blue states. And it would be 10 if those Vermonters had gotten their fucking Subarus together and broken off from New York a little earlier. Get it? We started this shit, so don't get all uppity about how real you are you Johnny-come-lately "Oooooh I've been a state for almost a hundred years" dickheads. Fuck off.

:lol

All those Federal taxes you love to hate? It all comes from us and goes to you, so shut up and enjoy your fucking Tennessee Valley Authority electricity and your fancy highways that we paid for. And the next time Florida gets hit by a hurricane you can come crying to us if you want to, but you're the ones who built on a fucking swamp. "Let the Spanish keep it, it’s a shithole," we said, but you had to have your fucking orange juice.

:lol :lol

GhaleonEB said:
I've heard him talk about that in several speeches. The message doesn't seem to have gotten through.
Yep whenever Obama starts talking it's like in Idiocracy when the smart guy starts saying some insightful things and everyone just thinks he sounds gay.

Instigator said:
Just stop building cities in a desert, Nevada.

And California doesn't really need other people's water. It can just build a couple of desalination plants and the problem would be solved. Pricey maybe, but doable.

I don't know if McCain thought this would buy him some goodwill in CA (why even bother), Nevada, and Arizona or not but it will definitely cost him Colorado. When you have the papers in CO coming out and saying McCain just lost CO (and shouldn't even try anymore), he's in bad shape.

Will this help him in Nevada? Possibly. Arizona was never going to be in play anyway.

Tamanon

Banned
I guess he's talking about the Colarado comment? Basically that he wants to renegotiate the water contract they have there to get more water for Arizona/New Mexico. It won't go over well at all and is already coming under HUGE fire in Colorado.

Matt

Tamanon said:
I guess he's talking about the Colarado comment? Basically that he wants to renegotiate the water contract they have there to get more water for Arizona/New Mexico. It won't go over well at all and is already coming under HUGE fire in Colorado.
More water for Nevada, Arizona, and California, LESS water for New Mexico and Colorado.

reilo

He's going to ask 10 questions - the same ones to both.

"We need to restore civility in our political discourse..."

Sounds like someone likes Obama.

Tamanon said:

it his McCain at his weak point too-with ranchers and farmers, lifelong residents of the west who know how touchy water rights issues are, and with the well-do-to suburban types from the east who cringe at the thought of real water restrictions.

this is like being against ethanol in iowa, and we've seen how much of a swing that particular stance has hurt McCain in that (normally, not this year though) battleground state.

reilo

"What would be the greatest moral failure in your life, and what would be the greatest moral failure in America?"

Oh shit. Wonder what McCain's answer will be.

reilo

Dax01 said:
That is going to suck for McCain.

"eeheeeeheeeheheee I don't think I've ever flip-flopped eheeeeheheeee"

For McCain, it should be his stance on torture.

Tamanon

Banned
Good answer, was at first a bit thrown off by his going back to the Iraq War as the toughest decision to make, but then justify it by saying how tough it SHOULD be to put kids into battle, makes sense.

numble

I have a feeling McCain will find out the questions in advance. There's gotta be aides sending him text messages or slipping him notes or trying some way to give him some advance notice.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I'm not watching. I'm doing some other stuff. GAF, keep the updates coming. :D

numble said:
I have a feeling McCain will find out the questions in advance. There's gotta be aides sending him text messages or slipping him notes or trying some way to give him some advance notice.

He still isn't articulate. :lol

reilo

thekad said:
How many times do you think McCain will mention Obama in a negative fashion?

"But my opponent will raise your taxes, cause he's a librul!"

I wouldn't be shocked at this point, honestly.

To those caring about the DNC being behing the RNC in fundraising, keep in mind that the Democratic Senatorial&Congressional Committees (which are quite separate from the DNC) are Scrooge McDuck diving through their money while their Republican conterparts are comically anemic. The RNC numbers are expected to fund and support Presidental/Senate/Congress all at once. While for the Dems, they are all independently healthy.

I could look up the numbers but I'm lazy.

Tamanon

Banned
mamacint said:
To those caring about the DNC being behing the RNC in fundraising, keep in mind that the Democratic Senatorial&Congressional Committees (which are quite separate from the DNC) are Scrooge McDuck diving through their money while their Republican conterparts are comically anemic.

I could look up the numbers but I'm lazy.

Yeah, it's absolutely silly, basically the RSCC said "You guys take care of things yourselves!" after burning their cash early on those provisional races.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom