• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
That pro-American president of France supports Barack, not you...

POW story.

Matt

Every time he gives an answer, he reverts to his stump speech. It's my job to watch McCain video all day, I can predict exactly (to the word) what he says before he says it.

He tells that fucking French joke EVERY TIME!

TDG

Banned
McCain is giving the most scatter-shit answers, and he's getting a ot of applause. Clearly a fairly pro-McCain crowd.

This is turning out exactly as I thought. Obama's answers were mostly well thought out and McCain's responses are mostly bits and pieces of his stump speech. I'm sure the media will claim that this forum was a wash in the end (at best) or that McCain was a darling and had the audience hanging on his every word.

reilo

Ya think this crowd is pro-Obama or pro-McCain?

When Obama gave his answers, he was giving a bit of back story and trying to add some rationalization for his thoughts. He also provided the oppositions view and why he, at times, did not agree with it.

kkaabboomm said:
he brings up the french nuclear power industry...please hold for a second i think i have a link on this...

edit: nevermind can't find it

Probably the kind of link you are looking for.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/0,1518,571254,00.html

Atomic World Champ on the Ropes

France is proud of having the world's most developed nuclear energy infrastructure, but a series of incidents at the Tricastin nuclear power plant has shaken its self-confidence.

Nuclear energy might be necessary, but the French model is not spotless.

Mr Jared

pow.gif

maximum360 said:
McCain pulls out the POW card to escape answering the "what does your faith mean to you" question. Pathetic.

I'd probably have trouble answering the question myself. At least faking a convincing reply anyway.

Tamanon

Banned
California was wrong when they struck down that bill! But states should have the right! But it was wrong!:p

I bet Russia gets named as evil as Iran does!

Crisis

Banned
Tamanon said:
California was wrong when they struck down that bill! But states should have the right! But it was wrong!:p
Seriously. He just gave two complete polar opposite answers to the same fucking question.

reilo

You know, McCain answered these questions just fine, and I know his positions on them.

But I don't understand why he has the positions he has. Obama was very good about explaining why he believes in what he believes, but McCain? It's literally ten word answers without any substance.

And yet Obama is supposed to be all about rhetoric.

JayDubya

Banned
The evil question was a bit... I'm not sure the word... shallow? I presume they're asking the same questions to each candidate, but I missed most of Obama unfortunately (daughter hogging the TV).

Tamanon

Banned
ACCORDING TO PETRAEUS AND OSAMA BIN LADEN!:lol :lol :lol :lol OBL just got sourced!

Reilo has a point, we have no idea WHY McCain believes any of this stuff, it's weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom