• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of First Debate Election 2008 - GAF doesn't know shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juice

Why do we need another organization of countries to stand up against Russia?

Don't we already have one?

NATO?

Really?

Dirtbag 504 said:
Obama is a much better speaker than he is debater.
The opposite is true for McCain. I'm actually really surprised at Obama's stuttering.

It seems uncharacteristic for him.

have you seen any of his debates or interviews? It's very much characteristic of him, and that's coming from a stalwart obama supporter.

Dirtbag 504 said:
The opposite is true for McCain. I'm actually really surprised at Obama's stuttering.

McCain is doing better than expected. So-so speaker, pretty good debater.

Obama is doing worse than expected. So-so debater, good speaker.

The Afghanistan bit he got in was his last good bit. But the last 5 minutes McCain has been dominating.

(And that comes from a big time liberal.)

Dirtbag 504 said:

It seems uncharacteristic for him.

I agree. As much as I hate to say it, McCain comes off as the better character confidence-wise.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Okay, McCain is owning Obama during this segment. Let's be honest here. And don't jump on me, just think of Joe Nascar out there.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Door2Dawn said:
Can we please shut the fuck up about this stuttering bullshit? It's completly natural for people,AND potential presidential candidates.
It is, but McCain is laying his BS with remarkable smoothness. And that is important.

Ela Hadrun

Probably plays more games than you
Juice said:
Why do we need another organization of countries to stand up against Russia?

Don't we already have one?

NATO?

Really?

NATO isn't a LEEEEAAAGUE

how cool does that sound

guys I'll be President you'll be my league ok meet you in the backyard

...guys?

Crisis

Banned
What a fucking scumbag McCain is. I'm surprised he hasn't put up a puppy on stage and put a gun to its head and said that Senator Obama voted to shoot this puppy.

Door2Dawn said:
Can we please shut the fuck up about this stuttering bullshit? It's completly natural for people,AND potential presidential candidates.

Only natural to notice it when faced with someone who doesn't stutter.

RagnarokX

VPhys said:
pow.gif
2i9la3a.gif

Atrus

Gold Member
BrandNew said:
How are some of you pieces of shit defending McCain? Seriously?

Because regardless of how stupid or an incompetent a position is, there will always be someone more stupid to eat it up.

Dirtbag

Souldriver said:
He did it all through the primary debates. So I don't understand how you can be surprised by it.

I don't remember it. I wrote off obama pretty early, I never thought he would survive the primaries, how wrong I was.

Wraith

Obama is holding his own, which is much better than I expected. I was afraid McCain was going to crush him. Still, McCain seems to be doing slightly better.

Slurmer

Banned
Door2Dawn said:

only if we can shut the fuck up about blinking and eye contact as well.

traveler

Not Wario
Stuff I don't give a shit about:

-McCain's blinking
-Obama's stuttering
-McCain's refusal to look at Obama

Is this stuff really worth complaining about?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
YES SAY IT!

Iran is more powerful now than ever thanks to the US presence in Iraq!

The war was an utter failure and their only chance now at redeeming it is to attack Iran.

Zeliard

Chiggs said:
Okay, McCain is owning Obama during this segment. Let's be honest here. And don't jump on me, just think of Joe Nascar out there.

I wouldn't say owning, but McCain is offering up a lot of bullshit talking points and anecdotes that some of the electorate will eat up.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
ACK-MEINDANSDFNAJAD

Speevy

Banned
"He is right.
He's absolutely right.
John is also right.
I think he's right.
I agree with John on this."

I'm John Mccain and I approved this message.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
"Ahremadnasdinajad"

:lol

Uhm. Wasn't Ahmedinidjad in NY talking to Palin? Or am I misremembering that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom