• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
47% of Romney's campaign money is going to the Cayman islands.

He wasn't. And you can blow your patronizing tone out your ass.

40k9K.gif

Welcome.

Has Erin Burnett turned heel or something? She's trying to assert that Obama's tax plan doesn't work because not spending money on wars doesn't count as savings.

She's been pretty blatantly misleading people to keep the false equivalency games going. She's pretty though.

Just came back from a Democratic rally with Bill Clinton. So good. Here's my really shitty iphone photo with some adjustments to make facial features even visible.

KOb8el.jpg

Chichikov

It's just been my experience. So is it just low voter turnout among black men?
Not really.
It's just over 60% white and the break around 90% for the GOP.
That's enough to win the state.
So what you're saying is all Obama has to do is convince an additional ten percent of white people to vote for him?

Should have run the bain ads there
McCain won it with 54%.
5% of anything would be enough.
But that's some tough 5% and it's only 6 electoral votes.

surveyusa O+3 in ohio

So what does everyone think about the theory of the south skewing national polls? I don't want to jump on it cuz that was something i pushed during 2010 but romney's margins inthe safe states are pretty ridiculous.

surveyusa O+3 in ohio

So what does everyone think about the theory of the south skewing national polls? I don't want to jump on it cuz that was something i pushed during 2010 but romney's margins inthe safe states are pretty ridiculous.

I don't think they are "skewing" anything. The race isn't decided by national polls. Its decided in the electoral college and individual states.

Edit. Sorry bout the double post.

ISOM

Guys stop posting intrade numbers unless you want to talk about buying shares it's not a legitimate barometer for where this election is.

RDreamer

the south is a lot like Ohio in that their manufacturing died, bain ads would resonate

Quite a dilemma they have down there. The guy who would take away their jobs... or a black dude. And for the evangelicals it's between a mormon with a catholic running mate... or a black dude. A rich northeastern politician... or a black dude.

I guess we know what prejudices are more important down there.

Quite a dilemma they have down there. The guy who would take away their jobs... or a black dude. And for the evangelicals it's between a mormon with a catholic running mate... or a black dude. A rich northeastern politician... or a black dude.

Just speaking to that first point: The other side isn't campaigning that he's going to take away their jobs. He's campaigning the opposite, in fact.

RDreamer

Just speaking to that first point: The other side isn't campaigning that he's going to take away their jobs. He's campaigning the opposite, in fact.

I'm talking about stereotypes and the stereotype that the Bain ad would bring out in that ad, not any sort of actuality that he would take away their jobs or something. The Bain ads resonate in Ohio not because they think that's what he'll do. They resonate because they dislike those types of people that would do those things to them.

Have you ever been or talked to people from the south? And when the hell was the south every a manufacturing powerhouse like Ohio?

Ask Birmingham.

From Birmingham's early days onward, the steel industry has always played a crucial role in the local economy. Though the steel industry no longer has the same prominence it once held in Birmingham, steel production and processing continue to play a key role in the economy. Steel products manufacturers American Cast Iron Pipe Company (ACIPCO) and McWane are based in the city. Several of the nation's largest steelmakers, including CMC Steel, U.S. Steel, and Nucor, also have a major presence in Birmingham. In recent years, local steel companies have announced about $100 million worth of investment in expansions and new plants in and around the city. Vulcan Materials Company, a major provider of crushed stone, sand, and gravel used in construction, is also based in Birmingham.

Guess where we get our steel from now?

Guess who bets big on China?

A vote for Obama is a fuck you to corporate outsourcing wall street raiders.

As unethical as it may be, Id run "magic mormon" ads day and night in baptist country.

Great timing for Mitt . . .
During a debate Tuesday in Indiana, Mourdock said when a woman becomes pregnant during a rape, "that's something God intended."

His comments quickly drew criticism from Democrats, including challenger Joe Donnelly, who is locked in a tight race with Mourdock.

Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul said Tuesday in an email to The Associated Press that Mourdock's comments "do not reflect" Romney's views.

Mourdock's comments come a day after a new ad featuring Romney giving his support for the GOP candidate started airing.
http://news.yahoo.com/romney-distances-himself-mourdocks-comments-025217767--election.html

You endorsed him, Mitt. No take-backs.

Can a mod fix the typo in the thread title? I know Y2Kev posts in here.

ThatsTheJoke.jpg

I'm talking about stereotypes and the stereotype that the Bain ad would bring out in that ad, not any sort of actuality that he would take away their jobs or something. The Bain ads resonate in Ohio not because they think that's what he'll do. They resonate because they dislike those types of people that would do those things to them.

Aye, I missed that part. Sorry, I lurk mostly here and see a lot of people posting along the lines of how obvious their side's positives are and the opposing side's negatives are that those who do not see the same as facts are foolish (or racist).

Nonetheless, even with the ad (is that the "Stage" ad?), a lot of people in a lot of places see the starting and ending unemployment numbers for this term and simply think that the economy has not budged an inch in four years, and saying that the opposition might take away jobs doesn't hold a candle to what they think has already been done to them by the current administration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom