• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

MSNBC has been going hard this afternoon/evening at Romney calling for the end of FEMA between coverage of the storm. Any other stations, when they get to political coverage talking about this as well?

pigeon

Banned
Until that Mellman poll, the sad thing I was going to note is that after all this conservative hate the 538 numbers were probably going to go down from the bad Ras poll. Now I expect them to go up slightly.

AniHawk

Until that Mellman poll, the sad thing I was going to note is that after all this conservative hate the 538 numbers were probably going to go down from the bad Ras poll. Now I expect them to go up slightly.

they were probably going to go up anyway because ras is factual and nate doesn't like that so he'd skew them to fit his narrative.

pretty sure the Ohio poll still outweighs the NC poll. That said, with the house adjustment the model makes, it won't go down much.

Also the national polls moved in Obama's favor (Pew, ABC, GWU) enough to add a bit to him.

But since Ohio is much more important than NC and since NC is still quite high for Romney from all the polling, Obama probably still drops a very slight number without other polls out today.

Romney also got a +1 in Colorado from ARG. And CNN a +1 R to Florida (that one might help Obama slightly, of course).

DasRaven

Weird that they said "jeep" is adding jobs rather than "chrystler." Jeep is the car, not the maker.

No, Jeep is considered a sub-brand within the larger Chrysler organization. Dodge, Ram, and SRT are as well.
The Jeep brand vehicles are the Gran Cherokee, Liberty, Wrangler, etc. So the Jeep sub-brand is expanding into China, adding jobs where the Ram sub-brand is not for example.

pigeon

Banned
pretty sure the Ohio poll still outweighs the NC poll. That said, with the house adjustment the model makes, it won't go down much.

Also the national polls moved in Obama's favor (Pew, ABC, GWU) enough to add a bit to him.

But since Ohio is much more important than NC and since NC is still quite high for Romney from all the polling, Obama probably still drops a very slight number without other polls out today.

Romney also got a +1 in Colorado from ARG. And CNN a +1 R to Florida (that one might help Obama slightly, of course).

You don't think the O+5 Ohio poll will balance out the R+2 Ohio poll?

Lulz I love facebook comments on all the Nate Silver articles, tardfucks pointing the to the University of Colorado model as to why Nate is a stupid head

I think Nate gets less credibility if Hollinger is on his side. Anyone who watches basketball knows that more often than not, Hollinger is wrong.

Not really

Donald Trump has been hinting that a cheerleader had some "fun" with Obama in a tape that will release on Thursday. He doesn't imply that it's a sex tape, but perhaps groping or something

Pumpkinhead is a real-life troll. He is so damn bitter that he is lashing out like a child.

I think Nate gets less credibility if Hollinger is on his side. Anyone who watches basketball knows that more often than not, Hollinger is wrong.

I don't agree with this. Hollinger has actually been more accurate that most of the stat geeks.

I have my disagreements with him (especially on PER) but his predictions are quite good relative to the rest of the field. I am too lazy to go find the past evidence, but I've read it and posted some of it in the past in the NBA threads.

Also:

ROB PORTMAN: It was Barack Obama who took GM and Chrysler through bankruptcy, okay. Right? Am I right? Second, it was Mitt Romney who actually did provide for loan guarantees to make sure the warranties were backed up.

What the fuck. In a stump speech Portman said Romney was part of the bailout!? lolol

Not only that, Jeep is a division of Chrysler, so it technically is the maker of the cars.

Did not know that, makes more sense. FWIW, they mentioned Chrysler earlier in the ad.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Pumpkinhead is a real-life troll. He is so damn bitter that he is lashing out like a child.

OK, I'm pretty sure I just made up the Obama sex tape thing. It's not an actual Trump thing thought right? I can't believe I'm getting trolled by my own troll, but I have to make sure.

Link

The Autumn Wind
What the fuck. In a stump speech Portman said Romney was part of the bailout!? lolol
I still remember Portman straight up lying about that to CNN in the spin room after the final debate, all with that shit-eating grin of his. Amazing how a guy is willing to completely sell out his own state all in the name of politics.

To CNN's credit, they continually tried to call him out on it, but he kept going down the path.

Amir0x

Banned
OK, I'm pretty sure I just made up the Obama sex tape thing. It's not an actual Trump thing thought right? I can't believe I'm getting trolled by my own troll, but I have to make sure.

Donald Trump: "We may be a bit late for a surprise in October but I don't think Obama will like it either way when we show Americans what he thinks of as "fun" with a certain professional cheerleader. Stay tuned on Thursday!"

Jadedx

Banned
If most of the power in the east coast is out for the next week or two is their a possibility of the election being delayed?

Gruco

Banned
See what's great is that we now know what Trump was thinking when he got humiliated at the press dinner. "You've made a powerful enemy today Mr. President. Just wait until I settle the score...on twitter."

Article on Team Obama's micro-targeting

http://goo.gl/Ur4qL

Schaeffer attributes the imbalance to the mutual discomfort between academia and conservative political professionals, which has limited Republicans’ ability to modernize campaign methods. The biggest technical and conceptual developments these days are coming from the social sciences, whose more practically-minded scholars regularly collaborate with candidates and interest groups on the left. As a result, the electioneering right is suffering from what amounts to a lost generation; they have simply failed to keep up with advances in voter targeting and communications since Bush’s re-election. The left, meanwhile, has arrived at crucial insights that have upended the conventional wisdom about how you convert citizens to your cause. Right now, only one team is on the field with the tools to most effectively find potential supporters and win their votes.

Their anti-science and anti-intellectual drive does them so much good.

Odrion

Banned
So will Kim Kardashian, and Paris Hilton. Somehow though, I don't think either one of those three are people you'd want to emulate.
Not what I was trying to say. I'm saying that he's a horrible person and after a week of the media chewing him out he'll still have a quality of life unimaginably higher than any of us.

pigeon

Banned
If most of the power in the east coast is out for the next week or two is their a possibility of the election being delayed?

Election Day isn't just a good idea, it's the law.

united states code title 3 chapter 1 said:
1. The electors of President and Vice President shall be appointed, in each State, on the Tuesday next after the first Monday in November, in every fourth year succeeding every election of a President and Vice President.

2. Whenever any State has held an election for the purpose of choosing electors, and has failed to make a choice on the day prescribed by law, the electors may be appointed on a subsequent day in such a manner as the legislature of such State may direct.

There's a rule for what happens if the election isn't resolved on the day, but there's not actually a rule for what to do if they just don't have an election, and the law doesn't give anybody the power to change it. So it's gonna happen one way or another. Maybe there should be some laws about delaying the election, although I guess I understand why there isn't.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/3/chapter-1

(Backpats to Weigel for the link to the USC.)

Amir0x

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom