• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Romney's getting blowback from the entire state of Ohio and then some for his blatantly false Jeep and GM claims, and meanwhile, Fox News has spent the last two days harping over an Obama ad with children singing as being "desperate and manipulative."

US Car companies thrown under the bus by Mitt Romney:
Chrysler/Jeep
Tesla
GM
Fisker

And ironically his last big ad brags about how he will be better for the car industry. I don't even . . what?

Link

The Autumn Wind
Is he? I don't feel like I see much of the media commenting on the Jeep thing.
I hear their local media is taking him to task for it, not to mention both Chrysler and GM essentially publicly calling him a liar.

Also, now Fox News calling Benghazi worse than Watergate and being outraged at the press for not reporting on it. At this point, I'm not sure if I should laugh or punch my tv.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Obamnesia is setting in. McCain suspended his campaign bravely to fix the country and now Obama thinks he can skirt the public by hiding out in a "situation room" somewhere. Hurricane Sandy is in Ohio; they need Mitt.

Highwind

So with 8 days till the election, Romney not leading in Ohio + the whole jeep thing backfiring, how likely is it that he'll be able to close the gap there or is it close to over?

Cheebo

Banned
Roves super PAC just went on the air with 23 million worth of ads. Bigger apparently than what Romney and Obamas campaign are spending in the final week combined on ads.

ido

Obamnesia is setting in. McCain suspended his campaign bravely to fix the country and now Obama thinks he can skirt the public by hiding out in a "situation room" somewhere. Hurricane Sandy is in Ohio; they need Mitt.

The nerve of this guy, responding to this situation so fast. He's clearly only doing this to take the minds of 'muricans off of Benghazi.

Amir0x

Banned
So with 8 days till the election, Romney not leading in Ohio + the whole jeep thing backfiring, how likely is it that he'll be able to close the gap there or is it close to over?

There is 6 days left.

He has not been ahead in the aggregate of polls in Ohio even ONE DAY for the entire year. Not even one second of one day. The closest was in the immediate aftermath of the Republican Convention, and even that was still Obama +0.7. Polling continues to show Obama with a 2 point lead, on average.

The odds of Romney changing that in 6 days when he just had another unforced error with the Jeep lies being called out in all Ohio local media is some extremely tiny odds, unless all the polling is really fucking wrong. And then there's going to be a lot of polling outlets wondering what they did wrong.

But even if Obama lost Ohio, he can STILL win the White House. It's not imperative for him. However, if Romney loses Ohio, the race is over. And in the closest swing states, Obama still has a good chance of winning Colorado and Virginia. So yeah

All kidding aside, what Hannity, Limbaugh and the rest of the goons are doing is a very bad thing. Them lying about the state of the race is going to do nothing but sow the seeds of resentment when the election goes the other way.
I've been saying this for awhile. They know exactly what they're doing. I'd imagine some genuinely believe state polls will fall in line with national polls, but many know Romney is in danger and plan on going insane if he loses.

Call it what is is: incitement

Drakeon

Roves super PAC just went on the air with 23 million worth of ads. Bigger apparently than what Romney and Obamas campaign are spending in the final week combined on ads.

Keep in mind it doesn't buy as much ad space as Obama or Romney's money would, mind you. It's still gonna be a fuckton of ads though. I feel sorry for Ohio in this last week, because its probably mostly spent there.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
What kind of momo would be swayed by a negative ad with six days left? lol. Especially one that comes on 900 times a day.

ido

Hard to believe we're in the final stretch.

I am content. I found a 24/7 Fox News stream to watch for election night. I think I will only watch Fox + read GAF, and bathe in bald eagle jesus tears.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I've been saying this for awhile. They know exactly what they're doing. I'd imagine some genuinely believe state polls will fall in line with national polls, but many know Romney is in danger and plan on going insane if he loses.

Call it what is is: incitement
I'll take you one further: I'm fairly certain Fox News is the biggest reason this county has become so divisive when it comes to politics.

I block everybody who posts anything conservative forever.

The anarchist libertarians in Marin County are a little bit more annoying.

I guess I only have myself to blame because I have blocked the handful on my feed who do (shockingly all from the same family) post stupid shit but my immense amount of self-hatred makes me check their stuff every once in a while.

tranciful

I don't know how some of you deal with your Facebook being overrun with stupid posts. I see one and nearly flip out.

I don't have enough Republican friends apparently. I do have some libertarians though. I keep trying to convert them. It's not going to happen. But I'm an optimistic progressive so I can't help it.

nib95

Banned
I'll take you one further: I'm fairly certain Fox News is the biggest reason this county has become so divisive when it comes to politics.

I agree. It's by far the most popular news channel, with viewing figures that often oust MSNBC, CNN and others combined. The fact that such a huge majority of the country is essentially being consistently spoon fed misinformation and propaganda of an extreme nature via Fox, is quite scary.

Take this with a pinch of salt but it's been popping up on my timeline

iCB2P.png

https://twitter.com/EvanAxelbank

Highwind

There is 6 days left.

He has not been ahead in the aggregate of polls in Ohio even ONE DAY for the entire year. Not even one second of one day. The closest was in the immediate aftermath of the Republican Convention, and even that was still Obama +0.7. Polling continues to show Obama with a 2 point lead, on average.

The odds of Romney changing that in 6 days when he just had another unforced error with the Jeep lies being called out in all Ohio local media is some extremely tiny odds, unless all the polling is really fucking wrong. And then there's going to be a lot of polling outlets wondering what they did wrong.

But even if Obama lost Ohio, he can STILL win the White House. It's not imperative for him. However, if Romney loses Ohio, the race is over. And in the closest swing states, Obama still has a good chance of winning Colorado and Virginia. So yeah

Ah, I see, thanks. It seems things are looking pretty good for Obama right now in Ohio.

HylianTom

Banned
At the risk of jinxing Obama, I'll come out and say it: Ohio is a done deal.

Up until today, I've pretty reliably qualified this kind of statement..
".. it seems like Ohio is almost gone for Romney."
".. Ohio might be too far a reach for Romney."
".. the Ohio cake could be too far baked at this point. You probably can't change it's flavor much."

But yeah, I'm saying it now: Ohio is done.
And while I'm at it: so is Nevada.

Assuming that the Gore/Kerry states hold, this is over.

(now to counteract the jinx, I've gotta grab a gris-gris from Miss Laveau's this weekend..)

ido

I don't know how some of you deal with your Facebook being overrun with stupid posts. I see one and nearly flip out.

It provides a constant stream of amusement for my like-minded friends and I. We call/text and laugh at how utterly ridiculous some of our "friends" are on facespace.

And with shit like this:

mkVlX.png

How can you not be amused?

And yes, that is a real comment from someone on my facebook friends list.

Obama wins Principal Financial’s cookie poll
http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/...wins-principal-financials-cookie-poll/article
The cookie poll may be unscientific, but the company claims it has a history of accurately picking presidents: In 2004, The 2004 cookie poll outcome was George W. Bush, 52 percent; John Kerry 46 percent; and Ralph Nader 2 percent. (The actual election results were Bush 51 percent; Kerry 48 percent; Nader 1 percent.) Bush won by three cookies in 2000 over Al Gore.
But Bush lost the national and Iowa popular vote.

At the risk of jinxing Obama, I'll come out and say it: Ohio is a done deal.

Up until today, I've pretty reliably qualified this kind of statement..
".. it seems like Ohio is almost gone for Romney."
".. Ohio might be too far a reach for Romney."
".. the Ohio cake could be too far baked at this point. You probably can't change it's flavor much."

But yeah, I'm saying it now: Ohio is done.
And while I'm at it: so is Nevada.

Assuming that the Gore/Kerry states hold, this is over.

(now to counteract the jinx, I've gotta grab a gris-gris from Miss Laveau's this weekend..)

I am with you there!!

Hopium overload :D

pigeon

Banned

Honestly, if there's one takeaway from the first year of Citizens United, it's that money can't buy candidate quality. As somebody on Twitter pointed out, the GOP SuperPACs have poured untold millions of dollars into the Presidential race and the Senate already, and they've succeeded at turning them both from reasonable possibilities into near write-offs. Some of this is no doubt because the American people are wising up -- not all of them, but maybe around 47% of them. The Internet is a hell of a drug. But some of it is just because the Republican Party has put forward a ludicrously weak array of candidates. Is there a single Republican Senate candidate with positive favorability except Scott Brown?

Kinvara

It provides a constant stream of amusement for my like-minded friends and I. We call/text and laugh at how utterly ridiculous some of our "friends" are on facespace.

And with shit like this:

mkVlX.png

How can you not be amused?

And yes, that is a real comment from someone on my facebook friends list.

It makes me sad that someone could be so ignorant.

So sad.

Puddles

Banned
I guess I only have myself to blame because I have blocked the handful on my feed who do (shockingly all from the same family) post stupid shit but my immense amount of self-hatred makes me check their stuff every once in a while.

I just use logic-fu to beat them into the ground.

markatisu

Hey PD was just wondering the other day when the leaked reports of GOP freaking out would happen, looks like we might be starting to see that

All kidding aside, what Hannity, Limbaugh and the rest of the goons are doing is a very bad thing. Them lying about the state of the race is going to do nothing but sow the seeds of resentment when the election goes the other way.
Well . . . all those poor bitter resentful conservatives devastated by their loss are going to need someone to explain to them what happened and why it is all the fault of the gays, scientists, Mexicans, atheists, Muslims, and unions. They'll just laugh all the way to the bank for another 4 years of bashing Obama.

Not a chance. The roots go back to Vietnam and Watergate, the tension simmered for a while and then the Bork nomination brought it back to the foreground where it's remained ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom