• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could get into that, because I really want a game to play. I liked Demon's Souls enough, but couldn't finish it really.

I'm one of those weirdos that loves big, awful, over the top stories in my games, so...
Oh well. I love these kind of grinding games because the joy of defeating a nasty boss or obtaining that mega armor is incredible. Yeah the story is nothing fancy, just lore. But hey, Assassins Creed 3 is out today and that should be a good fake history lesson.

HylianTom

Banned
BTW, kinda off-topic, but what the hell..

The sports victory analogies I've been seeing in here over the past few days have inspired me to re-watch footage from the 2009 NFL season. The tears of joy.. they still come so damn easily. I'll be smiling on my deathbed remembering..

(It's also nice to see the thirst for tears accelerating around here.). :)

Jintor

Here is a picture of Joe Biden

uOflU.jpg

Thank you for your time

RDreamer

I think the song is kind of awesome. If puppets were singing it people couldn't respond with over the top outrage.

The video is even cooler when you get to watch it in the context of Hannity's sandy vagina.
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1932663259001/singing-children-warn-of-romneys-america-in-pro-obama-ad/

You didn't tell me Coulter would be in this. There should be a mandatory Coulter warning before any video or thread featuring her.

Liberal group think. Ginning up the mob... liberals always want to have sex with their candidate (wtf)... our candidate is evil.

God what world does this witch exist in?

RDreamer

Oh well. I love these kind of grinding games because the joy of defeating a nasty boss or obtaining that mega armor is incredible. Yeah the story is nothing fancy, just lore. But hey, Assassins Creed 3 is out today and that should be a good fake history lesson.

My friend is always bugging me to get into the AC series. I'd love to, but I really don't want to replay any of AC1, and I feel weird skipping to 2.

HylianTom

Banned
choose three states to remove from the USA:

One from the South, One From the North and One from the MidWest

go
Umm..
South: Georgia (I don't like the Falcons!)(and Atlanta's urban design is positively insipid)(and it's an easy 15 EVs out of the GOP column)
North: New Hampshire. (You're not as unique as you think!)
MidWest: either Dakota (they need to be one state so that Florida can divvy-up into two, thus keeping the number of states at 50)

Tendo

Guys. This is going to happen. And it is going to be awesome

Especially after Anne Romney said she wants to throw out public education. Wut.

GH: Can you tell me, what campaign issue is closest to your heart?
AR: I've been a First Lady of the State. I have seen what happens to people's lives if they don't get a proper education. And we know the answers to that. The charter schools have provided the answers. The teachers' unions are preventing those things from happening, from bringing real change to our educational system. We need to throw out the system.

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/fam...ews/ann-romney-interview-2012-election-issues

Yup. Them darn teachers unions. That is the problem. Not state mandated testing, or standard 6 in NC that determines if I keep my job or not based on how my students do on a nondifferentiated test. Yup. The unions. That is it.

WHY ARE TEACHERS VOTING FOR THESE PEOPLE. It is like sayings "yes, please take away my job."

RDreamer

WHY ARE TEACHERS VOTING FOR THESE PEOPLE. It is like sayings "yes, please take away my job."

Are they?

I guess I can't imagine a teacher (outside of one teaching a private religious school, I guess) voting republican at all. Here in Wisconsin they're so villainized by the right that it's fucking crazy.

Amir0x

Banned
Are they removed from existence or just the union?

Removed from the Union.

Also, if you can, explain your reason for picking a particular state

At first I thought I'd remove New Jersey, but it seems Sandy got rid of the Jersey Shore so it's not necessary (jokes in bad form at 11). So I'd go with New Hampshire only because they bitch too damn much

MidWest, definitely removing Kansas. Fuck that place. What the hell is wrong with you, Kansas?

And then South, gotta be Mississippi. Most racist, least educated, most tax burden... what the hell is that shit even good for?

I pondered Texas but felt that this state has a good chance at changing in the upcoming generation, so I think we should give it a chance. ONE LAST CHANCE.

Paches

Removed from the Union.

At first I thought I'd remove New Jersey, but it seems Sandy got rid of the Jersey Shore so it's not necessary (jokes in bad form at 11). So I'd go with New Hampshire only because they bitch too damn much

MidWest, definitely removing Kansas. Fuck that place. What the hell is wrong with you, Kansas?

And then South, gotta be Mississippi. Most racist, least educated, most tax burden... what the hell is that shit even good for?

I pondered Texas but felt that this state has a good chance at changing in the upcoming generation, so I think we should give it a chance. ONE LAST CHANCE.

Matches up with my picks except I chose Rhode Island. Tiny, insignificant, and waste of time.

choose three states to remove from the USA:

One from the South, One From the North and One from the MidWest

go

South - Texas. sorry purple state daydreamers, but your state produces too many dumb people
North - New Hampshire because of it's zany inhabitants
Midwest - Indiana because Indiana

Tendo

Are they?

I guess I can't imagine a teacher (outside of one teaching a private religious school, I guess) voting republican at all. Here in Wisconsin they're so villainized by the right that it's fucking crazy.

Welcome to NC where self preservation doesn't exist and they thing Ayn Rand is just the raddest.

I hate my life.

I just. I don't get it. They are actively voting for a man that will close our school. They will work at a charter school for less money and no benefits. THESE ARE THE PEOPLE I WORK WITH. EVERYDAY.

ZeroRay

South - Mississippi, Louisiana would be it had it not have Nawlins

Midwest - Missourah, I'll be dead in the cold cold ground before I recognize them

North - Maine, Canada can have them ayuh

pigeon

Banned
Removed from the Union.

Delaware is basically just a place for crooked bankers to start their corporations and tie up their yachts. Any state that has to achieve success specifically by encouraging shady companies to incorporate in it doesn't add much.

My Southern pick was between Louisiana and Mississippi. I basically just flipped for it.

As I said, nobody would miss one Dakota.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
It's been several pages and hundred of posts, but I wanted to clarify on what I posted last night about climate change.

First and foremost I do believe that we are having a drastic effect on our climate. Science proves it. This is indisputable.

Now I also believe that our environment can fluctuate in ways that we've never known about because... well quite frankly we hadn't evolved technically to the point where we have any sort of long term data. When I say long term, I'm talking about thousands, millions, billions of years. We aren't even a blink of an eye in terms of the worlds history. Maybe a flutter of an eyelash. If that.

Honestly I think the "great flood" actually happened and it was recorded in the Old Testament. However I really think it only happened on the same level as we're seeing on the east coast right now.

Moses was probably in a big canoe and he took a male and female dog, cat, and ferret with him.

We learn a lot from digging into the ground and finding all sorts of history. But I contend that there's nothing like recording this as it happens first hand. We have ideas, but imagine what we'll find out when Yellowstone decides to go. Imagine what we'll learn. If we don't go extinct that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom