• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson50

There's a hurricane going on, I'm not going to play politics with you. I suggest you all give blood to the Red Cross if you're eligible, and see if can goods are being accepted yet
I used to assume you were a troll. But you've responded to this crisis with an artfulness and gentility matched by few.
Also, Sarah Kliff has a write-up on that NYT multi-state plan article.
I share her slightly measured response. Really, the exuberance expressed by many over the weekend was unexpected. Liberals were justifiably disappointed with the compromise when it was announced. And although they should exert downward pressure on premiums, the MSPs are deficient substitutes for the public option. They're not worthless, though. And they could condition the country to accept a more expansive public plan.

AniHawk

indeed. i'm very concerned about the trend lines..

A6gUMruCQAA31eF.png:large

i think that's mostly from the baydoun consulting poll from a week ago that showed obama with a 0.36% lead. romney hasn't had a poll where he was tied or leading since mid-august.

Link

The Autumn Wind
145 hours left until voting begins at Dixville Notch.

If Romney has to spend a huge chunk of those hours in Florida.. ouch.

I can hardly wait to see where Obama goes barnstorming later on this week. Hopping from state to state, sleeping 2 hours a night on Air Force One.. we're getting close!
Allow me to make a crazy suggestion here. I don't think Obama should go back to campaigning. Sticking to the disaster relief and showing strong leadership will do a lot more than a few rallies will accomplish. It doesn't hurt that Romney's been tripping all over himself lately, either.

Allow me to make a crazy suggestion here. I don't think Obama should go back to campaigning. Sticking to the disaster relief and showing strong leadership will do a lot more than a few rallies will accomplish. It doesn't hurt that Romney's been tripping all over himself lately, either.
Good point actually.

pigeon

Banned

Touring with Chris Christie tomorrow and having Christie say more stuff about how good Obama is as President is campaigning Obama can't buy. Puts a hole right in Romney's argument that Obama can't be bipartisan.

HylianTom

Banned

Hmm. I could go along with the idea of him severely limiting his campaigning activity to just one 24-hour, six-state blitz? Perhaps with one final crowning rally with Bill Clinton, Joe Biden, Michelle, etc all present? It could be on Sunday or Monday.. enough time away from this week's storm events.

Colorado > Wisconsin > Iowa > Virginia > Florida > Ohio

That, and I kinda get the sense that he enjoys that part of the ride. And this is going to be the last time ever for him. Yikes.

There you go again, striking an identical tone to what I'm thinking. This feels so strange - I like it!

plus, clinton's around to do his dirty work for him.
Clinton's around to melt female voters' hearts, I'm convinced. The man is a legend. We're watching a once-in-a-lifetime legend do his thing! :D

AniHawk

Touring with Chris Christie tomorrow and having Christie say more stuff about how good Obama is as President is campaigning Obama can't buy. Puts a hole right in Romney's argument that Obama can't be bipartisan.

plus, clinton's around to do his dirty work for him.

ido

Benefits of having a popular former president in your party. What would a President McCain be doing right now? He wouldn't be able to send Bush out there to campaign in his place, that's for damn sure.

Romney is fucked when it comes to likable replacements to campaign for him.

The GOP would be better off hiring an actor to pretend to be likeable and still share their views for the campaign trail.

AniHawk

so, what's the fox news story gonna be about christie if/when he says more nice things about obama?

'christie suffer traumatic head injury during storm?'
'christie tricking obama into showing true colors regarding handouts?'
'christie?'

AniHawk

Benefits of having a popular former president in your party. What would a President McCain be doing right now? He wouldn't be able to send Bush out there to campaign in his place, that's for damn sure.

god damn. hw bush and son are the only republican presidents around right now. that's so weird.

Aylinato

i think that's mostly from the baydoun consulting poll from a week ago that showed obama with a 0.36% lead. romney hasn't had a poll where he was tied or leading since mid-august.

wait..wait...wait...

baydoun consulting poll

holy shit I know those ass fucks who do those polls

no one should trust them...at all...they make up their numbers. I was at my university with them, and I remember them talking about how they did their "polling" (yes, they were graduated but still hanging around)

DO NOT TRUST THAT POLLSTER AT ALL. They are as incompetent as Michelle Bachman.

HylianTom

Banned
So... umm.. anyone taking off on Election Day?

I'd asked for vacation on Monday through Wednesday, but had to settle for an odd work schedule when a co-worker broke his L1 and needed emergency surgery. So now I have off on Monday, work only 8 hours early on Tuesday, and go in at noon on Wednesday for another short shift. (I usually do 50-60 hours per week)

Damn work.. cutting into my tear-drinking plans!

no one should trust them...at all...they make up their numbers. I was at my university with them, and I remember them talking about how they did their "polling" (yes, they were graduated but still hanging around)

They're associated heavily with former Michigan governor John Engler (R), for what it's worth.

AniHawk

wait..wait...wait...

baydoun consulting poll

wow.

this post is kinda awesome. not often we get actual newsish stuff like this.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
wait..wait...wait...

baydoun consulting poll

So how do they do their polling?

Trurl

Banned
I'm starting to Diablos slightly. From what I can see the Romney camp has achieved near TV ad-space supremacy in Ohio.

AniHawk

Nate finally updated

beautiful

my god. it's full of stars.

calling it now: ohio is done. done is ohio. romney needs a hail mary play in wisconsin + co + va +nh or something now.

oh, and co and va are looking like what oh looked like about two-three weeks ago

HylianTom

Banned
I'm starting to Diablos slightly. From what I can see the Romney camp has achieved near TV ad-space supremacy in Ohio.

Yup. Right at the point where more and more voters have already voted.. and right when most people are now well past the point of automatically tuning-out ads. :)

Anecdotal evidence, but at work every time I hear black patients scheduling dental appointments for November they always say "I can't come on November 6th due to the election, any other day is fine." Heard three people say it today, and many others earlier this month

Our old white patients are just like "meh November 6th? Sure" lol

HylianTom

Banned
Anecdotal evidence, but at work every time I hear black patients scheduling dental appointments for November they always say "I can't come on November 6th due to the election, any other day is fine." Heard three people say it today, and many others earlier this month

Our old white patients are just like "meh November 6th? Sure" lol

God, I hope that my patients don't show-up on Election Day. I'd be able to cut-out early and attempt a nap. Sure, it'd be most likely futile (too excited to not be media-saturated and here on GAF as soon as I get home), but I want to get home ASAP!

AniHawk

good day! nice 538 update, star wars episode 7 confirmed (without lucas!), and i got asscreed 3 and burnout: most wanted, with pokeymans b2 for free.

thefit

so, what's the fox news story gonna be about christie if/when he says more nice things about obama?

'christie suffer traumatic head injury during storm?'
'christie tricking obama into showing true colors regarding handouts?'
'christie?'

Christie low blood sugar stroke apparent due to Koney Island funnel cake decimation.

Agnostic

but believes in Chael
Nate Silver is on Charlie Rose. Catch a repeat if you're interested. Nate is the second guest after Mark Halperin.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Assmussen working overtime to clean up this hopium den but reality has a way of shutting that down.

Aylinato

wow.

this post is kinda awesome. not often we get actual newsish stuff like this.

http://www.baydounconsulting.com/

Yep, I had to check. The guy in the picture is a very evil person. He has threatened many of my friends with slashing their tires, or telling their conservative Muslim families that the hijabi women have sex with tons of men. They have as much credibility as conspiracy theorists. Back in 2008 they made up their numbers the entire election, I was in the room when they were doing so.

Personally I've gotten verbally assaulted(to say the least) by both of the people incharged of their organization. One, rashid, is a democratic delegate. Tarek, the one pictured stole money from U of M, roughly 3,400 dollars.

god damn. hw bush and son are the only republican presidents around right now. that's so weird.
HW Bush wouldn't be a bad person to have on your side except that (1) he's pretty old now and doesn't do public stuff anymore; and (2) The name 'Bush' is pretty toxic.

pigeon

Banned
wait..wait...wait...

baydoun consulting poll

You need to tell somebody about this, for serious. Send Nate an email or something.

Pretty sweet 538 update, although I am a little curious about the Virginia numbers improving without a new poll. Either it was a trendline from the other swing states or it represents an improvement in the national numbers -- but remember that Gallup is missing from the trackers. Could drop back down somewhat.

Oh.

Also.

@taniel said:
Obama leads 50% to 45% in Ohio, says NYT/Quinnipiac. Florida & Virginia are "essentially tied." Only link for now: http://t.co/asSe2v1b

So maybe it won't drop back down.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Why aren't people sending in their ballots ahead of time? Time off to vote is a severe issue. There is no guarantee. This should be a federally mandated thing where people are allowed to take time off to vote.

I don't care which side of the fence you're on.

AniHawk

HW Bush wouldn't be a bad person to have on your side except that (1) he's pretty old now and doesn't do public stuff anymore; and (2) The name 'Bush' is pretty toxic.

he didn't seem like such a bad president, but i don't know if conservatives really like him, or if he even likes conservatives all that much.

Florida and Virginia essentially tied... hm.

That could very easily be 2 point leads for Obama.

AniHawk said:
he didn't seem like such a bad president, but i don't know if conservatives really like him, or if he even likes conservatives all that much.
Also a one-termer, which tends to give presidents negative reputations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom