• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

RCP still haven't updated with PPP's Ohio, Iowa, and Wisconsin polls. Yet they added their NC poll, which has them tied. Cool.

Sorry to sound like a Diablos Downer, especially with the high levels of hopium ITT, but is the jobs report still coming out on Friday & if its negative could it affect the election? (I'm asking as a non-American here)
Even if its positive "this is not what a recovery looks like", "How convenient", "The numbers look cooked", "I know whats needed to get hiring up", "Too little too late", "Hey, so how about Libya huh?" etc etc.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
CNN says the race is a dead heat and diabloses the shit out of everything so they can hedge their bets and be right regardless of what actually occurs. Using science and math to predict the election produces a particular result, which would be bad for their obsession with being fair and balanced.

They haven't bought into the unskewer man himself, but they have bought the notion that there is a vast poll discrepancy undercounting Republican voter ID. Gallup and Rassmussen, which are working with some LV models that aren't quite on the money-are precise , providing repeated results, but not accurate.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If you'd like your head to explode, read the comments on the electronic voting machine story at the Blaze. Not only is Obama stealing the election, he also stole 2008 the same way.

i no longer have a head
“My concern is, is this intentional?” Nancy said.
NO, YOU FUCKING MORON, NO ONE CARES ABOUT KANSAS.

I apologize to anyone from Kansas.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sorry to sound like a Diablos Downer, especially with the high levels of hopium ITT, but is the jobs report still coming out on Friday & if its negative could it affect the election? (I'm asking as a non-American here)

Jobs numbers are almost assuredly going to be in line with the economic numbers from last friday.

Can anyone point me in the direction of these supposed polls showing Republicans up nationally in early voting? All of the state polls I've seen have Ds up, but a lot diehards Rs are pushing them in the comments on other sites.

RCP still haven't updated with PPP's Ohio, Iowa, and Wisconsin polls. Yet they added their NC poll, which has them tied. Cool.

They were conducted for Heath Care for America Now, and Real Conservative Politics doesn't include sponsored polls even when they are from established organizations. The NC poll was done by PPP to get a good grasp on the locals before election day.

sU2xs.jpg

Can anyone point me in the direction of these supposed polls showing Republicans up nationally in early voting? All of the state polls I've seen have Ds up, but a lot diehards Rs are pushing them in the comments on other sites.

I think this is it:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/gop-romney-lead-early/2012/10/29/id/461978

The thing about the polls is that the right is cherry picking what they can get, and the left is just pointing to aggregates. This, more than anything, is how you can tell which side is ahead.

Go fuck yourself Pizza Hut.

And fuck NewsMax too. So much batshit bullshit my mom tells me about (and unfortunately believes) originates from that cesspool.

Amir0x

Banned
what the heck? That segment made no sense. John King went down his screed about how the power outages are disproportionately affecting Democratic areas and showed the map about how obvious this is, saying this is bad news for Democrats, then ended the segment saying...

...if anything this is a SLIGHT EDGE for Obama? because Christie patted him on the back or something?

I am so tired of these news networks seriously

If you are working at Pizza Hut, chances are Obamacare either:

A) Lets you stay on your parent's insurance longer, keeping you with good coverage
B) Provides subsidies and support for your low income wages, which in turn lets you buy insurance you otherwise wouldn't get.

I like the "If you don't buy insurance, you'll pay $1,600 more in taxes!" , never mind that the law heavily subsidizes you, and you'll likely pay very little for coverage.

hym

Banned
Fox found their light in the disaster tonight, Looters pose a threat in neighborhoods without power, Subway rat population is about to invade the city, there are still people with infants trapped receiving no help at all.

I have to hand it to people watching this constantly, exhausting.

giga

They were conducted for Heath Care for America Now, and Real Conservative Politics doesn't include sponsored polls even when they are from established organizations. The NC poll was done by PPP to get a good grasp on the locals before election day.
That's shitty. What other sites do you use that aggregates the latest polls up to the minute. 538 only updates once a day.

I dunno . . . I read that and think . . . this Obamacare is a great idea. If a business can't afford healthcare then it should not exist. Raise the prices until you can afford healthcare. This creates a level playing field where all businesses will have to buy their employees healthcare.

Where is the bad part? I might have to 30 cents more for my pizza? Boo-hoo.

That's shitty. What other sites do you use that aggregates the latest polls up to the minute. 538 only updates once a day.

TalkingPointsMemo.com has a pollttracker that is regularly updated. Pollster.com has one too. It's mostly just straight averages-none of the fancy maths that Nate does at 538-but it's good enough to keep track of the polls during the day.

Team Romney's presser today was a Baghdad Bob moment. I think all the liberals are breathing easier after the poll beating he took today and the comments out of that press conference.

FyreWulff

I dunno . . . I read that and think . . . this Obamacare is a great idea. If a business can't afford healthcare then it should not exist. Raise the prices until you can afford healthcare. This creates a level playing field where all businesses will have to buy their employees healthcare.

Yeah. That's really "so... start providing insurance or factor in the tax when budgeting positions".

The letter is literally bitching at the employees that they'll have to provide them with health coverage now. The horror!

(also it's definitely from the franchise local owner, not PH Corporate)

Link

The Autumn Wind

When Papa John's came out with their whole stink about Obamacare, how they would have to raise their pizza prices by 15 cents to afford it, we pretty much all collectively agreed that we had no problem with that if it meant their employees got healthcare. That must have been the collective thought by pretty much everyone, because there hasn't been a word from them since.

Team Romney's presser today was a Baghdad Bob moment. I think all the liberals are breathing easier after the poll beating he took today and the comments out of that press conference.
Missed it. Anybody have a link handy?

And my first thought when reading that Pizza Hut memo was to wonder what they would have written about the FDA and whether it would have been much different.

Amir0x

Banned
Missed it. Anybody have a link handy?

And my first thought when reading that Pizz Hut memo was to wonder what they would have written about the FDA and whether it would have been much different.

this is their response to today's polls:

Obama has a political enviroment problem,” Romney pollster Neil Newhouse said. “He’s got an intensity problem, he’s got an image problem and he’s got a ballot problem — and they all add up to a challenging Tuesday next week.”

“We feel we are in a very good place, that this race is exactly where we had hoped it would be a week out,” senior adviser Russ Schriefer said.

“Right now their firewall is burning,” political director Rich Beeson told reporters.

Obama is “stuck well below the 50 percent threshold in almost every mark that you can take, whether it’s the national polls or whether it’s the state polls.”

basically their house is on fire and they know it

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Just bought my celebratory sparkling grape juice for election night. I don't drink, so that's as wild as I get.

Glad I won't be the only non-alcoholic-beverage-consuming loser on election night. I'd buy some wine, but I hate how alcohol tastes, so it's cider for me.

yeah that's from an op-ed page, where any idiocy goes as seen every time David Brooks decides to put his feeble brain to paper.

As for the Pizza Hut thing, it's probably-almost certainly-not from Pizza Hut corporate. It's very likely from a wingnut franchise owner.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

Slime

Banned
Someone pointed out earlier that the Boston Herald guy is the same Tea Party nutter Michael D. Higgins epically told off a while back.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So... tonight's 538 gonna crack 80? In light of recent polls, I'm tempted to hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom