• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man the Romney camp is absolutely spiraling off the rails now

That is their response to today's polling numbers.

It's basically house on fire behavior at this point.
"Sure OUR house in on fire, which is umm, exactly what we wanted, but hey, look over there - if you look closely at Obama's house you can see some smoke too. I think that's smoke. (squints) Is that a chimney?"

GeKO+

So biased.

Julie Johnston ‏@Julia_JJ
@ChrisLeoDaniels @fivethirtyeight Apparently my sarcasm generator was set too low. :)

I figured as much.

Amir0x

Banned
that Nate Silver tweet should be the new image Dax01 posts every page when Cheebs, PD or comedy_bomb tries to be all fake sourpuss on us

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Charlie Cook is catching up with PoliGAF:

It's nice that he's right, but it's a little sad that reading Charlie Cook, a well-known and popular pundit, is about as informative as flipping to the 538 page you haven't refreshed for two days.

And this is why some in the media fear Nate Silver. It even makes Charlie Cook seem late and behind, when he use to be the best in the business.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
How's the polling on that? Close? Doesn't West have a bit of a Michelle Bachmann type district?

FL-18 is almost a 50-50 split, so one poll will show Murphy up a point or two, another shows a tie, and another will have West in the lead.

It's real close, and the fact that West has raised more money than anyone in the House except for Speaker Bohener means that he's flooded our fucking airwaves with "Patrick Murphy is a drunken Irishman who assaulted a police officer Obamacare socalist hates Israel" ads.

It's real fucking shameful that that guy is my congressman.

Amir0x

Banned
i don't know why you guys are celebrating the Nate Tweet, the reason the Ohio polls are wrong is because they are sampling wrong

Nate tweeting about them doesn't change that

pigeon

Banned
Looking at it again, the reason I didn't much like EPIC is that they were consistently tilted towards Romney compared to the average, so this is actually a pretty solid poll.

i don't know why you guys are celebrating the Nate Tweet, the reason the Ohio polls are wrong is because they are sampling wrong

Nate tweeting about them doesn't change that
Doesn't matter. All of those polls were taken before the country was flooded and we all lost power.

DOOM.

Regarding Ohio polls.

With over 20 polls there has been only ONE poll that shows Romney up and that's by Ras. By definition, 1 out of every 20 polls is an outlier.

To go further, with a MoE of 2.0 and only one poll showing Romney up and only a few showing tied this is completely consistent with a Obama lead in Ohio of 3 points. This would explain why almost all the polls are showing Obama up 1-5 points.

If the polling is accurate, Obama is up 3-4 in Ohio. It's very very clear according to the math. It can't be any lower than 3 right now.

Amir0x

Banned

this made me snicker politely:

I mean is there really any better example of the pure, distilled essence of the modern day Republican Party? Of course, in right wing circles, Brown didn't do anything wrong during Katrina. Every bad thing that happened at that time was self imposed by the uppity coloreds who were too stupid because of their inability to develop gills. Quite the contrary, Brown is in fact a goddamned hero to these same right wingers, and that's why he'll continue to make retarded comments like this.

NBC kinda covered Romney's let FEMA die statement by saying he wanted "States to take the lead."(Not what he said but it's something. He said FEMA should be killed, while States should take over or even better yet charities to deal with disasters). NBC went on to add that Romney supports FEMA in full now while showing his press release. They only paraphrased his debate remarks which is a real disservice. He said FEMA was "Immoral" because of the spending burden on the Government.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just bought my celebratory sparkling grape juice for election night. I don't drink, so that's as wild as I get.

NBC kinda covered Romney's let FEMA die statement by saying he wanted "States to take the lead."(Not what he said but it's something. He said FEMA should be killed, while States should take over or even better yet charities to deal with disasters). NBC went on to add that Romney supports FEMA in full now while showing his press release. They only paraphrased his debate remarks which is a real disservice. He said FEMA was "Immoral" because of the spending burden on the Government.
Requiring a tithe to help fund the community's collective action in helping others during a time of crisis? Sounds immoral to me.

Leave that shit to religion and charity.

Just bought my celebratory sparkling grape juice for election night. I don't drink, so that's as wild as I get.

Think I'm gonna buy some Lemoncello(Lemoncino). Haven't had that since I was in Italy 9 1/2 years ago and saw it at my nearest liquor store. Probably get some wine too.

Amir0x

Banned
haha CNN diablosed the fuck out of the election day map. they compared the areas without power right now with the democratic strongholds in Ohio, Pennsylvania and Virginia and suggested it was obviously much worse for Obama than Romney based on this map. might even turn PA!

lol

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Anecdotal evidence, but at work every time I hear black patients scheduling dental appointments for November they always say "I can't come on November 6th due to the election, any other day is fine." Heard three people say it today, and many others earlier this month

Our old white patients are just like "meh November 6th? Sure" lol

LOL! This doesn't mean much, but imagine if you're right and Obama wins by like 15%.

haha CNN diablosed the fuck out of the election day map. they compared the areas without power right now with the democratic strongholds in Ohio, Pennsylvania and Virginia and suggested it was obviously much worse for Obama than Romney based on this map. might even turn PA!

lol
Toldja

Teggy

If you'd like your head to explode, read the comments on the electronic voting machine story at the Blaze. Not only is Obama stealing the election, he also stole 2008 the same way.

If the unskewpolls guy is proven to be massively wrong on the 6th, will the GOP abandon him or double down?

Well honestly, has the right really bought into his nonsense? I think some outlets did initially and they'll be regretting those quotes. But I haven't really seen the right talking about unskewed polls much lately. Then again, I don't read them much.

Averon

lol

Is CNN even self-aware of how ridiculous they sound lately? I understand if their recent behavior was some edict from the top execs, but I wonder if the likes of Cooper, Blitzer and King actually believe the crap they spew.

Sorry to sound like a Diablos Downer, especially with the high levels of hopium ITT, but is the jobs report still coming out on Friday & if its negative could it affect the election? (I'm asking as a non-American here)

Amir0x

Banned
Well honestly, has the right really bought into his nonsense? I think some outlets did initially and they'll be regretting those quotes. But I haven't really seen the right talking about unskewed polls much lately. Then again, I don't read them much.

i don't know but I just saw Dean Chambers wrote a thing that is selling on Amazon.com and this is the top review:

I rated this a 1 but it unskewed to a 5 October 31, 2012
By J. Gilde
Format:paperback

I rated this a 1 because its unreadable boiler plate dreck. Mr. Chambers scientific system saw through my bias and correctly assigned a five to my review. Once my bias to reality was removed it was clear that what I originally thought of as lazy partisan garbage was in fact beautiful pro america prose.

I only wish Mr. Chambers wasnt held down by the tyranny of amazons five star system. With biased removed I easily rate this as 17 stars.

lmfao. reviews are gold bro

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Sorry to sound like a Diablos Downer, especially with the high levels of hopium ITT, but is the jobs report still coming out on Friday & if its negative could it affect the election? (I'm asking as a non-American here)

As far as I know, it's still scheduled to release on Friday. As long as it doesn't shoot up, it's not going to affect anything. I looked through the past October reports and it's usually a quiet month with hardly any movement (apart from the 2008-09 recession). So I don't think there will be much to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom