• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Cuban ‏@mcuban
Why do people not freak out about FEMAcare, which covers stuff, like they do OBAMAcare which covers health ? Why has no state refused help ?

fair point.

if gallup comes back and shows a tie, people will freak the fuck out.

I wonder if they will do 7 polling days or just the last 7 days (so like 4 polling days).

It was this property owner (a Marina I think?) whose lot was destroyed and had no insurance. She was obviously clearly distraught, but met with Obama/and the FEMA Chief and felt comforted by them telling her that recovery help was quickly on the way.

It was simply an affirmation that his presence there helped and was appreciated by those who are hurting at the moment.

h4FMr.jpg

US President Barack Obama (3rd L) hugs North Point Marina owner Donna Vanzant as he tours damage done by Hurricane Sandy in Brigantine
src

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
your job is just to ensure no shenanigans take place at the poll you are working at. there will also be a presiding judge from the other party there, too. you'll also report back data to your local precinct head every hour when the voter rolls are updated.

For some reason, the republican party here thinks I'm one of them and they have been trying to recruit me as a judge. If I had the time I'd do it!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
C'mon people. Gallup's going to come back with a 52-44 Romney or something. You know it and I know it. The only way they're going to come back to Earth is if someone in the Gallup office decides they don't want to be discredited and they change their polling method overnight to produce intentionally ambiguous results.

daedalius

+2 Obama in Kansas, as much good as that will do.

No first names on ballot either, maybe they didn't want to confuse voters with mitt and williard

Poligaf is better than fat jokes re Christie. There is enough to criticize him for policy wise.
No. We should talk about his policies. I find it quite ironic that he is feeding at the trough of Federal dollars right now while he expects the nation to tighten its belt.
I can't help it.

pigeon

Banned
How do you even get a ballot if you're not at the right polling place?

Ohio sometimes has two precincts with one polling location. Technically, the two precincts are different polling places -- so if your ballot has the wrong precinct number on it, which can happen if the poll worker takes a ballot from the wrong stack, you're out.

Ohio sometimes has two precincts with one polling location. Technically, the two precincts are different polling places -- so if your ballot has the wrong precinct number on it, which can happen if the poll worker takes a ballot from the wrong stack, you're out.

Yeah, I've seen those. Don't think I've ever seen a separate machine for the different precincts though. This just sounds like if you don't like a person's vote you can toss it out by putting it in a different precinct pile.

To further clarify...if you do get a wrong ballot as you suggest...your votes should still count for races which are the same in either precinct. If that's not the case...then that's bullshit.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Are these precincts largely in areas populated by poors and minority folks?

Amir0x

Banned
Man the Romney camp is absolutely spiraling off the rails now

Obama has a political enviroment problem,” Romney pollster Neil Newhouse said. “He’s got an intensity problem, he’s got an image problem and he’s got a ballot problem — and they all add up to a challenging Tuesday next week.”

“We feel we are in a very good place, that this race is exactly where we had hoped it would be a week out,” senior adviser Russ Schriefer said.

“Right now their firewall is burning,” political director Rich Beeson told reporters.

Obama is “stuck well below the 50 percent threshold in almost every mark that you can take, whether it’s the national polls or whether it’s the state polls.”

That is their response to today's polling numbers.

It's basically house on fire behavior at this point.

John Koster said:
Incest is so rare, I mean, it’s so rare. But the rape thing…you know, I know a woman who was raped and kept her child, gave it up for adoption, she doesn’t regret it. In fact, she’s a big pro-life proponent. But on the rape thing, it’s like, how does putting more violence onto a woman’s body and taking the life of an innocent child that’s the consequence of this crime, how does that make it better? You know what I mean?

STOP TALKING ABOUT RAPE AND ABORTION IDIOTS

FOX News 10/28 - 10/30 1128 LV
Romney 46 Obama 46 Tie

46-46? At this point?

Fox pollster: Who are you going to vote for?
person: Obama
Fox pollster: REALLY? Are you sure?
person: Uh . . . I think . .
Fox pollster: I'll put you down as undecided.

Fox News actually commissions a GOP and Dem pollster in tandem. As a result, Fox News polls are actually quite reliable

In this case, they actually are fair and balanced. go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom