• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
zAZkt.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Looks like Mittens has Michigan locked up then :/

Well, after the United Auto Worker's Union switched to endorsing Mitt it was all but a foregone conclusion. Then again, Obama naming his new domestic program "FUCK DETROIT" probably didn't help.

PD's schtick will only last 5 more days.

Again PD, when have you EVER seen the the campaign that is winning:

1) go uber negative in the final days of the election
2) start talking about states that were NEVER a swing state as "in play".

Obama's campaign didn't do that shit in 2008 and they certainly aren't doing it in 2012.

There is one campaign that is flailing right now.

One campaign hiding its VP.

Do I think it's impossible for RomCom to win? No, but man is it ever looking like a mega cliff to climb...just look at the actions of the campaigns, man.

In the poll, conducted Oct. 24-28, 19% of likely voters say they have already voted; that is unchanged from the same week in the 2008 campaign (Oct. 23-26, 2008). Currently, Romney holds a seven-point edge among early voters (50% to 43%); because of the small sample, this lead is not statistically significant. At this point four years ago, Obama led John McCain by 19 points (53% to 34%) among early voters.
http://www.people-press.org/2012/10/31/in-deadlocked-race-neither-side-has-ground-game-advantage/

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
For what it's worth, the "closest" state for Romney to win atm is Virginia, with 61.9% chance of Obama winning it, atm. Colorado at 63.3%, according to 538 at least. Ohio is now at a solid 81.8% for Obama, even more safe than Iowa and NH at 78%.

On the other hand, Florida sunk to 60.3% for Romney, so he's even more likely to lose Florida than to win Virginia.

Hopium, Hopium everywhere.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
1. Romney will get the economy running because he's a good businessman. He will lower gas prices and in turn this will decrease unemployment.

Unfortunately I don't remember sources for these numbers and they might be bunk, so any backup from the regulars would be nice before using these.

But, business acumen. Romney's business was investing in businesses. Luckily, the stimulus did that too- even if it was partly under Bush as well- so we have something close to an apples-to-apples comparison. And here, the stimulus comes out ahead- 9% of the companies the government invested in went bankrupt, while 22% of companies Bain Capital invested in under Romney went bankrupt. Again, lots of fine print there, but the gist is that Romney isn't as good a businessman as he may seem. He's no Trump, but he's not that great either.

Like Mr.Awesome said, your best bet is going to be selling him on Obama, but the easiest way to do that is to point out cases where Romney has oversold himself to look competent and Obama has been undersold by an antagonistic media.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
I can't think of too many Presidents whose main qualification was running a business (and certainly not a private equity firm). In my experience, understanding business theory and understanding macroeconomics isn't necessarily the same thing. In fact, sometimes those two things are opposed. What's good for the economy is not necessarily what's good for a business.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
9VB6u.png

Pretty much confirms Ohio winner = President.

Obama's odds of winning Ohio are 81%.

EDIT: I'm actually surprised Obama's odds are so low... I thought they'd be bigger, even without Ohio, given that he has Virginia and Iowa locked up, and even has a (admittedly small) shot at Florida..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom