• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paches

The fake trolling is so annoying.

lol-i-troll-you1.png

PD's schtick will only last 5 more days.

Again PD, when have you EVER seen the the campaign that is winning:

2) start talking about states that were NEVER a swing state as "in play".

To be fair in 2008 Obama campaign was flirting with Georgia and I think Montana a few days before election day. They were never in play.

Tim-E

To be fair in 2008 Obama campaign was flirting with Georgia and I think Montana a few days before election day. They were never in play.

The Obama campaign was also expected to win an electoral blowout, something no one expects from Romney. Obama didn't need to win Georgia or Montana. The race is almost over and these campaigns have mountains of money that they need to burn through; might as well throw some money into some long-shot states.

pigeon

Banned
I'm actually surprised Obama's odds are so low... I thought they'd be bigger, even without Ohio, given that he has Virginia and Iowa locked up, and even has a (admittedly small) shot at Florida..

Ohio is so far out that if Romney wins Ohio he's probably going to outperform his polls nationally as well and pick up other swing states.

Stridone

Banned
I can't think of too many Presidents whose main qualification was running a business (and certainly not a private equity firm). In my experience, understanding business theory and understanding macroeconomics isn't necessarily the same thing. In fact, sometimes those two things are opposed. What's good for the economy is not necessarily what's good for a business.

A strong economy is dependant on a good business climate and a good business climate is dependant on a strong economy. There's a delicate balance between the two and the US has tipped the scales too far in the direction of business and greed.

Plumbob

A strong economy is dependant on a good business climate and a good business climate is dependant on a strong economy. There's a delicate balance between the two and the US has tipped the scales too far in the direction of business and greed.

There's also the time inconsistency problem - an ideal public leader makes decisions that will positively impact the next seven generations. Some businessmen make short-sighted cost-cutting decisions a mantra.

KHarvey16

Touting business experience as an important distinguishing aspect in regards to running a country exploits a fundamental misunderstanding of how finances work at the federal level. It's an argument made by stupid people, or perhaps smart people in the hopes the people they're offering it to are stupid.

I'm really curious if Chris Christie will go the ways of Charlie Crist in the GOP.

And Charlie Crist only hugged Obama once or twice. Whereas the past couple of days, Chris Christie has practically engaged in passionate copulation with Obama almost every time a camera is on them. It's campaign-erotica.

bananas

Banned
I'm really curious if Chris Christie will go the ways of Charlie Crist in the GOP.

And Charlie Crist only hugged Obama once or twice. Whereas the past couple of days, Chris Christie has practically engaged in passionate copulation with Obama practically every time a camera is on them.

Crist got Obama's sloppy seconds.

Amir0x

Banned
Like a week ago he was raving about how he can't wait to kick Obama out of office. He has designs to run for the Republican party ticket in 2016.

he is not going to "go the way of Charlie Crist."

this is simply him being politically smart and making sure the people don't think he's playing politics instead of doing everything he can to offer relief.

Tamanon

Banned
Like a week ago he was raving about how he can't wait to kick Obama out of office. He has designs to run for the Republican party ticket in 2016.

he is not going to "go the way of Charlie Crist."

this is simply him being politically smart and making sure the people don't think he's playing politics instead of doing everything he can to offer relief.

I think "go the way of Charlie Crist" was more a reference to how the GOP will treat him, but I don't see that personally.

-PXG-

People are forgetting that this is Cristie we are talking about. He does not give a single fuck about what others think about him. He does what he wants. So if other republicans don't like it, oh well. Chris Cristie looks out for Chris Cristie. This helps Obama for sure, but this basically got the governor another term too

I'm now officially have money riding on the election. I have money on who wins the electoral college, popular and Virginia. Bams better win.

Averon

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2012/10/emails_get_weird_around_this_time.php?ref=fpblg
From what I guess I should call TPM (non-)Reader AG …

Looking at your Electoral College projection map is making me laugh. How are you even in existence? Your polls are joke. What kind of sample did you poll? 50 Dems for every 10 Republicans? You’re going to look like complete morons when Romney wins the election. Hell, according to you it’s already over. Obama has 290 electoral votes wrapped up. Am I going to be able to visit your site again on November 7th or will it have mysteriously vanished?

These people are soooo damn certain Romney's going to win. Anything contrary to that is liberal lies/liberal bias/skewed polls/evidence of mass vote fraud.

I am interested in how Cristie will fair against Huckabee, assuming the latter runs in 2016. On one podium is someone who's boisterous and blunt, and on the other we have a deeply religious individual. Both are aspects that conservatives seem to like in their candidates.

Also, is the "sex tape" everyone's talking about the one Trump claims he has? Assuming he's not bullshitting (again) I half-expect it to be another college video, just like that "shocking" video when Obama was introducing the professor.

Huckabee ain't doing shit in 2016. Making too much money with his radio show, and probably doesn't want to be attacked on that death row inmate thing

Trurl

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if the scandal involves John Kerry

Are you saying that you wouldn't be surprised if President Obama had sex with John Kerry?

OK then.

Maybe he gave Barry a reach around and pretended that the President's dick was his own, and then for one glorious moment John Kerry was masturbating as President of the United States.

. . . . I shouldn't post while I'm still unwinding from work.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Obama's odds of winning Ohio are 81%.

EDIT: I'm actually surprised Obama's odds are so low... I thought they'd be bigger, even without Ohio, given that he has Virginia and Iowa locked up, and even has a (admittedly small) shot at Florida..

I think the idea is that he can't lose Ohio in a bubble.

If he wins none of the actual swings (not counting like NV and NH) but Virginia, I think Obama still wins if I recall correctly.

huckabee's probably said so much stupid shit on his radio/tv show that a future run for president would be futile.

i think those guys who pursue a career as tv personalities are basically giving up on politics for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom