• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trurl

Banned
I think the idea is that he can't lose Ohio in a bubble.

If he wins none of the actual swings (not counting like NV and NH) but Virginia, I think Obama still wins if I recall correctly.

Nate underestimates the power of the Jeep ads to chip away the Ohio block of Obama's electoral wall.

HylianTom

Banned
Feeling good and full of hope. I went ahead and donated again.
Yup. Same here. I want to be able to throw a bit of salt into the wound at Thanksgiving by saying, "yeah.. I voted for him. Not much good it did in this state, obviously. But I helped in another way - with a sizeable donation. Looks like it worked, eh?"

0592cef488bc22f9a850e9786a36759b.jpg

Still waiting for my blue "Ohioans for Obama" t-shirt. I hope it arrives before Election Day.

Link Man

Banned
Yup. Same here. I want to be able to throw a bit of salt into the wound at Thanksgiving by saying, "yeah.. I voted for him. Not much good it did in this state, obviously. But I helped in another way - with a sizeable donation. Looks like it worked, eh?"

Still waiting for my blue "Ohioans for Obama" t-shirt. I hope it arrives before Election Day.

Oh god, lol.

ido

My reactions went along the lines of

"poorly acted ad"
"oh this is so poorly acted it must be a parody"
"yep, definitely a parody"
"definitely"

URL is displayed, Mario looks

"real? wow"

It kinda reminded me of The Man From Earth lol.

Except I liked The Man From Earth.

That had to have been made in the 90's by time travelers.

HylianTom

Banned
Once again, a summary of recent Election Night timelines (all times Eastern Time):

2000>>
http://uselectionatlas.org/INFORMATION/ARTICLES/ElectionNight/pe2000elecnighttime.php

2004 >>
http://uselectionatlas.org/INFORMATION/ARTICLES/ElectionNight2004/pe2004elecnighttime.php

2004 Outside the Beltway Election Night Live Blog >>
http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/election_live_blog/

2008 >>
http://uselectionatlas.org/INFORMATION/ARTICLES/ElectionNight2008/pe2008elecnighttime.php

2008, CBS News Election Night Live Blog >>
http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-250_162-4571254.html

While Obama might have lots of paths to 270, the margins in the states he'll win will likely be more narrow than they were in 2008. So we're still likely looking at a late night. Probably somewhere between 2004 (where we had to wait up until after midnight) and 2008.

====

I also found a timeline for Clinton's big win in 1996. It's a forum post, but seems correct, from what I can remember. That was a great night.
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=49846.0

ido

While Obama might have lots of paths to 270, the margins in the states he'll win will likely be more narrow than they were in 2008. So we're still likely looking at a late night. Probably somewhere between 2004 (where we had to wait up until after midnight) and 2008.

We'll all have a pretty good idea once things get rolling, though.

Although, I will be up all goddamn night.

FyreWulff

Not sure it'd be a good idea for Hagel to endorse Kerrey. It's either just preaching to the choir or is just going to help Fischer in the last minutes.

I just had to remove a friend, for the first time on Facebook, because he decided he'd like to rally support to the Mitt Romney campaign by showing grotesque photos of late Ambassador Stevens' corpse. Unreal. I can't wait for November 7th, 2012.

So the Daily Caller, the same people behind the last Obama video nonsense, has info about a senator being involved in a sex scandal yet they are waiting until the middle of the night on the east coast to release it? LOL, yeah, OK

I just had to remove a friend, for the first time on Facebook, because he decided he'd like to rally support to the Mitt Romney campaign by showing grotesque photos of late Ambassador Stevens' corpse. Unreal. I can't wait for November 7th, 2012.

Don't worry, it stings at first. But the more you do it, the better it feels.

I comb facebook daily looking to remove people now. "Give me a reason, motherfuckas!!!"

So the Daily Caller, the same people behind the last Obama video nonsense, has info about a senator being involved in a sex scandal yet they are waiting until the middle of the night on the east coast to release it? LOL, yeah, OK

sounds like it's going to be a GOP senator then.

also good lord i have been spending entirely too much time on this personal statement

It's amazing how many scandals Obama had according to Republicans...fast and furious-gate, solyndragate, benghazigate

What is the major, legitimate ammo the Right has ever had against Obama?

I mean, it must be aggravating running against a guy that gives you mostly nothing to work with.

ido

O'Reilly even thinks Dick Morris is an idiot, you could tell.

This guy makes money for being a complete idiot.

cousins

What is the major, legitimate ammo the Right has ever had against Obama?

I mean, it must be aggravating running against a guy that gives you mostly nothing to work with.

Fast and Furious was actually pretty stupid, the only problem in condemning Obama for it is that similar policies were implemented by Bush.

Fast and Furious was actually pretty stupid, the only problem in condemning Obama for it is that similar policies were implemented by Bush.

Like they fucking ran with the out of context "You Didn't Build That!" for months.

And then this Libya thing...it's clown shoes, really.

OMG...the Romney campaign bought $5,000 worth of food and handled it to supporters outside to give back to them as they ushered in?!?!

Please tell me this shit isn't true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom