• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, what does Rove say to his investors if Romney loses, dems keep the senate, and dems gain 5-10 seats? The PAC money was apparently useless, as was Romney's. Seems like people have an opinion one way or the other about Obama/last four years

Investors? That is probably a sad but accurate cynical term for his donors.

Rove can just argue that it would have been worse without his work.

ido

They think black people are stupid, don't they?

Biggest waste of money ever. It will do nothing. Sell it to SNL/The Onion to recoup some funds.

I can see that train of logic on weird outliers (IE, gallup, that Obama +8 in iowa, or -3 in ohio) but if you are within the mainstream, paying too much attention to internals is going to give you excuses to dispute the quality of polls even if they are fine.

I agree with this. I think of each poll as a dart fired into a dartboard. If most, if not all the darts are in and around a single point, that's probably a good read on the state of the race. If the darts congregate on two different points , then there's something funny going on, and only then do I look intothe internals that should be consistent explaining the divergence. If there aren't enough darts, I make sure to leave the range of possibilities pretty broad.

If a single dart or two is way off from a lot of other darts, it's an outlier.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I don't see what's wrong with that. They're all prominent members of the party that's very far right. You can put Michael Moore up there if you want, but he's not really relevant.

And once again, people are so used to the crazed GOP that any semi decent video or act from a Republican gets more praise than it deserves.

Oh, I agree, I have been as vocal as anyone about the insanity of the far right. But the picture seemed so condescending to me. I mean, I realize that half of the country is almost too stupid to tie their shoes, but to boil it down to Tea Party, Rush Limbaugh, Birthers and whatever else seemed strange and petty. Was that some sort of backhanded compliment to Christie or something?

They think black people are stupid, don't they?

Biggest waste of money ever. It will do nothing. Sell it to SNL/The Onion to recoup some funds.

They wouldnt be the only ones who play up the whole "Black people shouldn't vote for the black president" thing.

I read an entire article on it in my newspaper months ago. It's been a rhetoric I've seen on blogs and on twitter and in online messabeboards/comments since.

Late Super PAC Ad Buy Urges African Americans To Vote Republican Because Lincoln Freed The Slaves
http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/11/blacks-should-vote-republican-ad-ohio.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

I'd be offended by that. What the fuck does what happened 150 years ago have relevance today? Especially considering the great re-alignment between the Republicans and Dems on civil rights issues wherein the two parties switched sides when Johnson signed the civil rights act.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I'd be offended by that. What the fuck does what happened 150 years ago have relevance today? Especially considering the great re-alignment between the Republicans and Dems on civil rights issues wherein the two parties switched sides when Johnson signed the civil rights act.

Exactly. So condescending to me, especially since it was then many Republicans who fought AGAINST blacks getting suffrage rights.

Most republicans now looking to advance the suffrage of African Americans think that means something else.

Loudninja

Obama to end campaign in Iowa
"The President and First Lady will end their last 2012 campaign swing in the state that launched the President’s successful campaign four years ago before returning home to Chicago," the campaign said in a statement.

The event will cap off a five-day sprint through seven states. Earlier Monday, he will hit Madison, Wis., and Columbus, Ohio. (Yes, Springsteen will be at those, too.) In Columbus, he will also be joined by Jay-Z.

Although Iowa is an important stop in terms of symbolism, having launched his 2008 campaign, a look at where the president is spending the final five days shows there are much more important states. Namely, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Here's the schedule, per a campaign official:

Thursday: Wisconsin, Nevada, Colorado
Friday: Ohio
Saturday: Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa, Virginia
Sunday: New Hampshire, Florida, Ohio, Colorado
Monday: Wisconsin, Ohio, Iowa
http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/11/obama-to-end-campaign-in-iowa-148034.html

ido

Black people, there was once a cool guy who said he was a Republican and helped you guys out so can you be a pal and vote for Romney?

I do like how The Economist finished their Obama endorsement:

As a result, this election offers American voters an unedifying choice. Many of The Economist’s readers, especially those who run businesses in America, may well conclude that nothing could be worse than another four years of Mr Obama. We beg to differ. For all his businesslike intentions, Mr Romney has an economic plan that works only if you don’t believe most of what he says. That is not a convincing pitch for a chief executive. And for all his shortcomings, Mr Obama has dragged America’s economy back from the brink of disaster, and has made a decent fist of foreign policy. So this newspaper would stick with the devil it knows, and re-elect him.
(full article)

lol what ever happened to LV anyway?
I don't know. Post-ism probably.

ezrarh

Oh, I agree, I have been as vocal as anyone about the insanity of the far right. But the picture seemed so condescending to me. I mean, I realize that half of the country is almost too stupid to tie their shoes, but to boil it down to Tea Party, Rush Limbaugh, Birthers and whatever else seemed strange and petty. Was that some sort of backhanded compliment to Christie or something?

Oh the second part was referring to Mitt Romney's recent video.

But for the picture, I understand why you would think the picture is condescending and don't fault you for it. I'd like to think it's just saying here look - Christie can seem to genuinely get along with Obama in times of need. Jan Brewer would most like point her finger at him and blamed him for angering god. GOP's gotten so crazy that we all look back fondly at George HW Bush types.

Clevinger

love tweets like this

@Sports_Rocker
Funny. CNN is digging for positives in Colorado for Obama. "Well... he's winning Denver! And Boulder! And.. and Denver!"

He's winning the state, doofus.

Loudninja

love tweets like this

@Sports_Rocker
Funny. CNN is digging for positives in Colorado for Obama. "Well... he's winning Denver! And Boulder! And.. and Denver!"

Haha,like I said CO is looking really good.

At this point any lead is a big deal with only a few days to go.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
love tweets like this

@Sports_Rocker

Obama only has Providence, so obviously its a lie to say he's winning RI

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Romney may actually be making a campaign stop in PA on Sunday. Gotta say, I'm a bit surprised, though I can't say I'm concerned.

If Romney's internals *really* showed a dead heat in PA he would be spending more money and would have spent more time there. Its a ruse - Romney can't win the election with any one state, so acting like he's got momentum in all these states is how he's trying to GOTV in every state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom