• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well . . . my EV map may be ruined. That's fine with me.

True, but one poll is one poll. It doesn't mean as much as dems think it means more than GOP thinks it does. I don't think VA is going to poll anywhere near +5 Obama, but I think its indicative of a fairly apparent blue shift in that state.

The slimmest of margins.

iby1J8uCCjdJcG.jpg

Fox traitor

Geraldo pushes back against the Benghazi scandal factory.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/geraldo-benghazi-gop-bloodlust-153250132.html

I think the fact that Fox kept pushing this during hurricane Sandy shows how pathetic and desperate they have become.

Someone on the SA forums posted this: The Official Wingnut Benghazi Narrative.

SedanChair said:
KSta3.jpg

"PLEASE MR. PRESIDENT LET US DEFEND OURSELVES AGAINST THE MUSLIM HORDES. THESE AREN'T EVEN REAL GUNS, THEY'RE JAPANESE AIRSOFT GUNS"

uP1sq.jpg

"Tee hee, I don't know...what are the optics? Are there any downsides, politically, to letting Americans be slaughtered?"

HKL9q.gif

"Not that I can think of"

g5uTj.jpg

"Then let these crackers serve as a sacrifice, ensuring my reelection. I dedicate their souls, one each, to Allah, Satan, Moloch and Saul Alinsky. INSHALLAH"

eI8mR.jpg

"Even if my trained puppet Barry Soetoro loses because of this incident, it will have been worth it to kill four Americans. LALALALALALA"

zCtBp.jpg

"We're on our own, boys. The president is a treason. If only we had a real leader...a man who knows...where jobs come from..."

Link

The Autumn Wind
Fox traitor

Geraldo pushes back against the Benghazi scandal factory.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/geraldo-benghazi-gop-bloodlust-153250132.html

I think the fact that Fox kept pushing this during hurricane Sandy shows how pathetic and desperate they have become.
I've been getting a good laugh out of their latest narrative: Why was Obama so quick to act on Sandy, but did nothing when the situation was unfolding in Benghazi?

Got to make sure you can't give him any positive headlines.

A member of the president’s Secret Service protective detail, who was being investigated for having an unreported romantic relationship with a foreign national, was found dead Saturday in an apparent suicide, according to law enforcement sources.

The official cause of Rafael Prieto’s death is still pending.

The investigation had led to the suspension of his access to Secret Service facilities, according to sources familiar with the case.

The Secret Service does not believe that Prieto passed any sensitive or classified information to the Mexican woman, according to a senior law enforcement official. Instead, Prieto was in the midst of an “administrative process” related to his ongoing relationship, the source said.

A well-liked veteran of the agency, Prieto may have violated security policy by not disclosing his close and continuing contact with the Mexican woman to his bosses, sources familiar with the probe said.

There has been a crackdown on such relationships in the wake of the Secret Service prostitution scandal in Colombia earlier this year and ensuing reports of similar behavior in other places around the world over the course of many years.

If found guilty of violating Secret Service disclosure policy, Prieto could have faced sanctions including dismissal. In the past, the alleged affair might have garnered a slap on the wrist, according to the law enforcement source. But the prostitution scandal has heightened sensitivity to unauthorized contact with foreign nationals not only at the Secret Service but at the Department of Homeland Security, which oversees the men and women who protect the president.

“Rafael Prieto had a distinguished 20-year career with the Secret Service that was marked by accomplishment dedication and friendships,” Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan said. “The Secret Service is mourning the loss of a valued colleague.”

Donovan declined to discuss the circumstances of Prieto’s death or the details of the administrative process that led to Prieto’s suspension.

According to a 1993 New York Times wedding announcement, Prieto was married to producer and consultant Ruth Pomerance. He hosted her for a tour of the West Wing on Oct. 1, 2011, according to visitor logs. But they had become estranged, and she had moved back to New York, according to a law enforcement official.
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83188.html#ixzz2B0rhsXy5
#Benghazi

Interesting how most of the anger in the Amirox thread is basically the same as the standard GOP rhetoric against welfare recipients. I suppose we're all vulnerable to that sort of thinking.

I don't think it's the same at all.

Even the biggest welfare queens don't drop half a g on drugs in one week

jehuty

Just got back from voting (Milwaukee,WI). I was simply amazed by the sheer amount of people doing early voting. Even more encouraging is that almost all of the people doing said early voting were from the heavy minority populated areas of the city. All in all, from what i've been seeing and from what i've heard i'm pretty sure Milwaukee will have record voter turnout (Romney stands no chance in Milwaukee or Madison). Marquette polls have Obama leading, pretty much a done deal at this point.

Anyways Obama +1

I'm doing my part!!!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Interesting how most of the anger in the Amirox thread is basically the same as the standard GOP rhetoric against welfare recipients. I suppose we're all vulnerable to that sort of thinking.

I was just going to make that post in the thread actually, how its a textbook case of "should welfare recipients be allowed to have any fun" (regardless of the fact that the fun in this case is drugs)

Bloomberg Backs Romney
*click link*
NYC Mayor Bloomberg backs Obama for re-election, citing climate change

...the fuck?

LOL. They can't even let an endorsement go by without skewering it. Oh well . . . Bloomberg endorse Obama but only because of that climate change stuff! (You know it is all fake, right . . . we've been telling you that for years now.)

Gotta love this headline: Rev Who Gave Obama's Inaugural Benediction Reportedly Says Whites Going to Hell

Them coloreds gonna get ya' grandma!

Not even close.

Amirox has deserved most of what he has gotten imo. Though thats for another thread.

Anyways. I am pretty high on Hopium (Free hopium) today so poligaf has done its job for the day.

Can someone explain margin of error for me?

If a poll is 49_47 with margin of 3 it's a tie because it could go either way

But now say the polls are

49_47
48_47
50_47

All Obama. By combining all the sampled, doesn't the margin drop?

Rule of thumb is that the margin won't drop below 2%, though. Takes too high a sample to get it much lower than that.

That said, the lead does matter. Saying it's within the margin of error does not mean tied. It means it could still turn out the other way but the 49-47 does not mean 50/50.

Here is the chart on 95% confidence interval

uKqc9.png

a 2% lead with 2% margin of error is almost 85% to win.

Cloudy said:
Only because Gallup hasn't been updating lol

Galllup is still in their numbers at +5, though. Take it out and see what happens!

Guys, the EV numbers in IA aren't looking good
according to an "exclusive" Romney memo sent to their PR flack at the Washington Post
:

• DEM lead of more than 44 points (16.91 to 60.99%) on 9/28 collapsed to 12.27 points by 10/30, an improvement of nearly +32 net points on the margin by Republicans.
• Republicans have already turned out 128 percent of our absentee and early voters from four years ago — nine percent more than the Democrats have done.
• Republicans have cut Democrats’ historic advantage in in-person early voting by 75 percent.
• At this time four years ago, Democrats led in-person early voting 70,484 to 41,927. Not only have Republicans turned out 10,000 more early voters than we did at this time in 2008, but more than 10,000 fewer Democrats have voted – a clear sign of their depressed enthusiasm and failure of their ground game to turn their voters out.

• The Obama campaign is panicking, and you can see it in the way they are turning out their most reliable, most likely voters long before Election Day. They are using their highest propensity voters to pad their absentee and early vote numbers. Incredibly, half of Iowa Democrats who have voted in all four of the last four general elections have been made to request absentee ballots or vote early by the Obama campaign.

An Iowa Republican tells me, “I have seen polling from a third-party group, three congressionals, our state Senate campaigns and state House campaigns — all using different pollsters, and ALL of them have Romney rising, and ALL of them have Romney with a 1 to 2 point lead.”

RDreamer

Just got back from voting (Milwaukee,WI). I was simply amazed by the sheer amount of people doing early voting. Even more encouraging is that almost all of the people doing said early voting were from the heavy minority populated areas of the city. All in all, from what i've been seeing and from what i've heard i'm pretty sure Milwaukee will have record voter turnout (Romney stands no chance in Milwaukee or Madison). Marquette polls have Obama leading, pretty much a done deal at this point.

Anyways Obama +1

I'm doing my part!!!

Awesome! A fellow early voter from Wisconsin (and from Milwaukee area, too!).

I saw some news stories saying they were expecting some really high turnout in some of the areas in Wisconsin. One said 119% even, but I think that was Madison. I'll have to find that again. Milwaukee's definitely going to get some huge turnout. The Obama event I went to there was just packed with 18,000 very enthusiastic people.

I'm up in Cedarburg and early voted the other day. There were a few people there, but not much, since it was the middle of a week day.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
How does the Obama campaign force certain voters to do anything? What the fuck does that even mean?

Anyone using common sense, math, research and history could tell as much. The Republicans and those who vote for them are painfully out of touch. On so many issues, but especially the economy.

Deserves its own thread despite being an obvious outcome.

I'd be up for a thread actually, but I suck at making decent thread/thread titles lol

markatisu

This is what insanity looks like...

Pretty much, then again the Tea Party took over in 2010 so what do you expect. They are going to be in for one hell of a surprise on Tuesday night

First, who else guessed this was a Rubin exclusive before clicking the link

Romney leads in most Iowa polls when asked who hasn't voted already. I'm not sure Obama's EV lead is enough to stem the election day losses, but either way it'll be very close.

Problem is most people have voted already, so that number who is waiting is not going to do much

Ras with 3 more good state polls for Romney? Seriously, when did he ever have a bad state poll for Romney compared to the other pollsters. Because mathematically it has to happen.

the democrats very well be down by 10k and the republicans very well be up by 10k, but iowa is looking like a 2-4 point game when four years ago it was a 9-10 point game.

so no fucking kidding it's closer, but it's also not winnable.

"Much better than '08" isn't enough when you need to be doing much, much, much better.

Slime

Banned
CNN just announced they've been briefed by a senior intelligence official who gave them a minute-by-minute timeline of the Benghazi attack. Hopefully this will stop all the bullshit.
It won't. :(

Highlights:
-Was done to set the record straight in light of the Fox nonsense
-Help arrived roughly 25 minutes after it was requested
-Accusations that military wasn't involved are false; military aid was essential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom