• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
Good lord, the amount of ignorance on that Daily Caller website is astounding. Aghh....

I will again reiterate that the Daily Caller is run by a Cato Institute fellow who is primarily notable for being an unsuccessful game show host. (And this doesn't even go into the character questions about him being a gay basher.)

syllogism

They are citing the Ras polls that have Romney +2 in Ohio, +2 in Virginia, +2 in New Hampshire, +3 in Colorado, +1 in Iowa, and tied in Wisconsin. It's really all they have at the moment
Rasmussen has Ohio tied again, starting to run out of polls to cite

Also
Forty percent (40%) of Ohio voters say they have already cast their ballots, and among these voters, the president has a comfortable 56% to 41% lead.

So if Obama gets re-elected, every single midterm democratic house and sebate candidate needs to do basically the sane campaign ad. Show Mitch McConnell saying that the #1 priority of the GOP congress is to make Obama a one tern president and their opponent failed at that goal, "You have him a chance, now put someone in there who will get things done'".

The exit polls rollercoaster is gonna be GOD TIER for the cartoon soldier, Diablos and Cheebs of the world.

HOPIUM!!!

SEE, I KNEW SANDY WOULD SCREW OBAMA!!!

HOPIUM!!!

SEE, I KNEW THAT HUSTED WAS GONNA FUCK OBAMA OVER!!!

<rinse, repeat>

Paches

So the same guy who wrote the article on HuffPo about how all the polls could be wrong is now saying that Obama has a slight edge due to latest poll results!

smurfx

get some go again
arUFe.jpg

"You mad?"
om0gT.jpg
iX8ptDRH1Io6g.png

ivysaur12

Banned
Any summary of the polls released today? And what are the chances of LIEburl Nancy "Anal Sex" Pelosi and her Sodom Fransisco values taking control of the House again?

Cheebo

Banned
Am I the only one who thinks Gallup delayed their daily tracker all the way to monday, way way way way longer than anyone else did after Sandy just so they can revert their numbers to be a lot closer to not embarass themselves come election day?

Sandy has really helped Obama gain some momentum it seems. I will be honestly shocked if he loses at this rate.

Any summary of the polls released today? And what are the chances of LIEburl Nancy "Anal Sex" Pelosi and her Sodom Fransisco values taking control of the House again?

I want to see house numbers. We're so close and I haven't seen a lot of break downs on them.

Someone help me out here.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Maybe I'm crazy but I'm starting to see the numbers coming together, particularly the national poll numbers.

Cheebo

Banned
One way if Obama wins in 2012 that it will be better than 2008 is Republicans long gave up hope for McCain winning after Palin flamed out. This time they convinced themselves they can beat Obama and will beat him.

Rush at end of his show: "If any more polls come out over the weekend, dont panic...just wait until Monday and I'll explain them all"....

Snake

Am I the only one who thinks Gallup delayed their daily tracker all the way to monday, way way way way longer than anyone else did after Sandy just so they can revert their numbers to be a lot closer to not embarass themselves come election day?

This is almost certainly the case. They are clearly aware that their recent results are a huge outlier.

They are citing the Ras polls that have Romney +2 in Ohio, +2 in Virginia, +2 in New Hampshire, +3 in Colorado, +1 in Iowa, and tied in Wisconsin. It's really all they have at the moment

If all the GOP can do is cite RAS polls then they are done. They might as well say "We are gonna win . . . cuz I say so!"

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That's why it's called the nuclear option! When they gavel in a new Senate, anybody can raise a point of order and suggest changing the rules. Such changes require only a majority.

But can't Senate Republicans just... filibuster the rule change?

strobogo

Banned
So I got the local news radio station email about contradicting polls here in Indiana. Richard Mourdock's internal polling has him ahead by 2 points over Joe Donnelly. The 3rd party candidate's polling shows Obama Joe with an ELEVEN point lead. How the hell could you possibly have that big of a difference?

Rush at end of his show: "If any more polls come out over the weekend, dont panic...just wait until Monday and I'll explain them all"....
1) How amazingly condescending. I know you dittoheads can't think for yourselves so please don't even try. I'll download new talking points for you soon.
2) Explain them all? Polls speak for themselves. If you want to get any more info out of them then consult 538 and Sam Wang.

What more is there for him to explain?

Blah, blah...oversampling Democrats...blah, blah...liberal bias...blah, blah...Obama is terrified right now...

Looks like Madison, WI could see 100k in attendance for the Obama rally on Monday with the Boss.
But Rush told me that nobody is going to Obama rallies these days.

Allard

But can't Senate Republicans just... filibuster the rule change?

Nope, the rules of the senate are held by a majority vote and can be administered at the beginning of new senate without proceeding by the leader since they are rules held only to the body of the senate rather then legislation which is what the Filibuster is only allowed to obstruct. For instance you can't filibuster reconciliation if the bill qualifies for it, senate rules are the same.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
By the way, for those of you who know more about the legislative process. What kind of bills could a non-filibustered senate pass while a Republican Congress is trying to block everything? I've been curious about this for a while.

I'd like to see this answered as well... Don't want to get too excited without knowing if it'll even matter with a Republican Congress :/

Nope, the rules of the senate are held by a majority vote and can be administered at the beginning of new senate without proceeding by the leader since they are rules held only to the body of the senate rather then legislation which is what the Filibuster is only allowed to obstruct. For instance you can't filibuster reconciliation if the bill qualifies for it, senate rules are the same.

aaah thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom