• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
please no

wliNo.png

Let's get in on this!

"Neo-GAF/PPP Ohio poll"

Just imagine it.

RT @ppppolls: Lots of folks calling for OH tracking poll- if some org wants to sponsor for 20k we'll do 400 a night tmrw through Sunday before election

whos gonna cough up the dough?

Crisco

Banned
So I had to wiki George Romney's presidential campaign after reading that and I found this gem,

Governor Jim Rhodes of Ohio more memorably said, "Watching George Romney run for the presidency was like watching a duck try to make love to a football."

Like father, like son.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm holding out unreasonable hope that FL somehow turns out for Obama on Election Day just to wreck Romney's shit.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
lol Kos has been hammering Romney on Mourdock's rape comments all day. Nearly every post is about that story.

Trurl

Banned
It would be nice to have VA as insurance -- simple reason is that I think Husted is going to do everything he can to help Romney carry the state, including the invalidation of Democratic votes just because he can without caring about the consequences post-election. He's made it pretty clear he's putting a highly unethical cause above the integrity of an election and the rule of law in general, and I have a feeling he'd take pride getting taken away in handcuffs if it meant he played any role in preventing Obama from carrying the state.

Really, it's amazing to me that this fucker hasn't been arrested already.

I'm not a fan of his conduct but you're stretching.

Loudninja

Time Ohio poll details:
The poll makes clear that there are really two races underway in Ohio. On one hand, the two candidates are locked in a dead heat among Ohioans who have not yet voted but who say they intend to, with 45% of respondents supporting the President and 45% preferring his Republican challenger.

But Obama has clearly received a boost from Ohio’s early voting period, which began on Oct. 2 and runs through November 5. Among respondents who say they have already voted, Obama holds a two-to-one lead over Romney, 60% to 30%.

When those two groups are combined, the TIME poll reveals, Obama leads by five points overall in Ohio.

The TIME survey shows the gender gap is working in Obama’s favor: the President is winning 56% of the women’s vote in Ohio, while Romney is winning only 37% of women. By comparison, 51% of Ohio men back Romney while 42% of men prefer Obama.

While Romney is winning 49% of white voters, Obama is still attracting the support of 43% of that demographic group, a level well above what polls say he is winning in some other states. Obama is running strongest among voters under 40; Romney fares best among voters 65 and older. Romney is ahead of Obama among Ohio independents, winning 53% to Obama’s 38%.

Ohioans give Romney a four point edge in handling the economy, 50% to 46%, but Obama enjoys a 49% to 44% margin on foreign policy. Respondents sided with Obama, 50% to 44%, on the question of which candidate would better represent the interests of the middle class.
http://swampland.time.com/2012/10/24/time-poll-obama-leads-by-5-in-ohio/#ixzz2AFWo3ZvB

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Abc/Wapo

Obama - 48
Romney - 49
All they are doing is rounding again. The results on Monday were 48.4 vs. 48.5 and they just rounded them each the other way

What was it before?

48-49. In a poll of ~1000 this means literally nothing other than the race is close, which we already knew.

ABC/WaPo is a 4 day tracker and like Reuters was very favorable for Romney over the weekend. As those days filter out, I expect it to reverse course again.

Hopefully.

PublicPolicyPolling ‏@ppppolls
Independent American Party candidate pulling 7% in NV-Sen, taking more from Berkley. His voters are 57/33 Obama:

Hopefully by election day some of those people switch back to Dem Senate.

Brinbe

Bams got them hyped in Denver, and hearing this event end with some signed, sealed, delivered takes me back to the campaign days of 08.

Cheebo

Banned
ABC/WaPo is a 4 day tracker and like Reuters was very favorable for Romney over the weekend.

Except the tracker's first results were monday, so it had friday, saturday, & sunday in it. And had Obama up 1. It wasn't till tuesday till Romney was up. I am not sure how you can declare the weekend was good for Romney in ABC when the tracker only first started Monday, no previous data to gauge it against.

All we know are the first results
Monday = O +1 (poll covers Thurs - Sun)
Tuesday R +1 (poll covers Fri-Mon)
Wednesday R +1 (poll covers Sat-Tues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom