• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
For anybody worried about large superPAC buys in MN and PA, TPM has an email this morning about another big GOP superPAC buy in a previously untapped market we thought was out of play.

Texas.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
For anybody worried about large superPAC buys in MN and PA, TPM has an email this morning about another big GOP superPAC buy in a previously untapped market we thought was out of play.

Texas.

Too late. I voted straight Dem and Libertarian.

But if so interesting. With all of the gerrymandering you would think it wouldn't be a contest. Like my Austin district goes nearly to Houston so it can stay GOP. But Austin/San Antonio/Houston/Dallas are growing and the Latino demographic is increasing so it will happen eventually.

ido

So, what have I missed the last 24 hours?

I see MS's old Guvnuh Haley "foghorn leghorn with balls in his mouth" Barbour has already got that Sandy excuse primed up and ready to go.

The GOP just can't hold dat L.

teh_pwn

So, what have I missed the last 24 hours?

I see MS's old Guvnuh Haley "foghorn leghorn with balls in his mouth" Barbour has already got that Sandy excuse primed up and ready to go.

The GOP just can't hold dat L.

Pretty much the polling data over the last week has solidified, making it virtually a lock for Obama.

Xdrive05

Haley Barbour already using Sandy as an excuse

Does this mean we will be hearing pronouncements of "God sent the storm because He hates Republicans", like we always hear said of liberals when natural disasters hit a blue area?

Somehow I doubt it.

Ecotic

Can anyone with a well-developed Twitter list of political personalities and important media figures link me to their profile? I want to finally get a meaty list in time for election day coverage.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
You know, I've never thought about it before, but Romney's logo is incredibly unoriginal. Its like they saw the positive reception Obama's logo received in 2008 and were like "hm, okay, we'll just make an R with colored stripes, that's close, right?"

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
At this point I'm surprised people even fall for the trolling in this thread.

It's actually really annoying at this point. I wish the mods would enforce a flag in people's profiles so they could go about their trolly business but be forced to admit it in their profile.

Crisco

Banned
I really can't wait to hear what all the right wing pundits and Romney surrogates will have to say after Tuesday. Will they blame Sandy? Will they cry election fraud? Will they go back to calling Romney a crap candidate? It's going to be glorious.

Cloudy

Banned
Does this mean we will be hearing pronouncements of "God sent the storm because He hates Republicans", like we always hear said of liberals when natural disasters hit a blue area?

Somehow I doubt it.

No, they will say Obama has no mandate because he won by luck. Of course, the media will parrot this

I really can't wait to hear what all the right wing pundits and Romney surrogates will have to say after Tuesday. Will they blame Sandy? Will they cry election fraud? Will they go back to calling Romney a crap candidate? It's going to be glorious.

Howard Fineman was just predicting complete meltdown - to an unprecedented scary level of hatred and insanity.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
1) Sandy
2) Election fraud
3) Not really a mandate
4) My favorite from 2008, a "chance to return to more conservative principles"

teh_pwn

Howard Fineman was just predicting complete meltdown - to an unprecedented scary level of hatred and insanity.

Romney almost seems like he is incapable of making a gracious concession speech.

"We didn't lose America. They stole the election. Gee Golly, let's take our country back."

1) Sandy
2) Election fraud
3) Not really a mandate
4) My favorite from 2008, a "chance to return to more conservative principles"

If Josh Jordan's last few tweets is any indication, the Poll Truthers are already laying the groundwork for the "we would have been right about systematic anti-Romney bias if Sandy hadn't dominated the news cycle" excuse.

Tim-E

image.php

Chumly

It's actually really annoying at this point. I wish the mods would enforce a flag in people's profiles so they could go about their trolly business but be forced to admit it in their profile.
Seriously..... I don't have time to keep track of all the trolls in this forum. To make matters worse a lot of people legitimately believe this crap.

I seriously need to know how many or how little voting places there are per capita... this is fucked up.

Lines in Florida have been extremely long. Someone on dkos said 9 hour wait for him.

Republicans reduced early voting days and hours for 2012, as it basically won Obama the state in 2008. 2008 EV was 14 days, this time it is 8 days. No Sunday EV and times reduced too.

Picture from the 9 hour guy, who do you think all these people are voting for?

voting.jpg

DMczaf

Lines in Florida have been extremely long. Someone on dkos said 9 hour wait for him.

Republicans reduced early voting days and hours for 2012, as it basically won Obama the state in 2008. 2008 EV was 14 days, this time it is 8 days. No Sunday EV and times reduced too.

voting.jpg

3DS XL and Beats

Jackson50

To follow up on my post last night, the Iranian official's statement was misconstrued as I suspected. Iran has not discontinued uranium enrichment.

Iran's state media has denied reports that Tehran had suspended the enrichment of uranium at 20% in a goodwill gesture ahead of talks with the world's major powers.

"Twenty percent uranium enrichment activities continue as before and no change has happened," the semi-official Fars news agency quoted an unnamed source as saying on Sunday.

On Saturday night, Iranian MP Mohammad Hassan Asafari was misquoted by opposition websites and the Saudi-owned al-Arabiya as saying that Tehran had already stopped 20% enrichment. Asafari had only signalled in his comments to Iran's Isna news agency that Iran would be ready to temporarily stop enrichment to 20% if sanctions were lifted.

Asafari on Sunday stepped forward to clarify. "The 20% enrichment has not been and will not be halted in Iran," he insisted, according to the website of the state's English-language television, Press TV.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/04/iran-suspend-uranium-enrichment

Why do you folks in the US give the Presidential election such undue weight? The election of the members of congress are far more important. After all it's congress that makes the law, and sets the budget and decides in broad terms what the president can and can not do. I hear so much talk about the Presidential election yet I barely hear anything about the congressional elections. Why is that?
It is the single most important election. Institutionally, Congress is of comparable power. But the president is more powerful than any single member of Congress. Also, it's difficult to cover Congressional elections because of their sheer number. Note, coverage seems inversely correlated with the number of elections for each institution. The president receives the most, while Senate elections receive more attention than House elections.

HylianTom

Banned
How? I thought they got rid of Sunday voting? I watched something on CNN about it.
I did some more digging, and I think this is how they'll get around things..
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/11/04/voters-in-miami-dade-can-cast-ballots-on-sunday/

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – In an usual move, Miami-Dade Elections Department will allow voters to cast their ballots on Sunday.

While state law does not permit Early Voting on Sunday, the elections department is permitted to provide and accept absentee ballots.

In honor of the Early Voting hours offered on the last Sunday in 2008, voters can go to the Elections Department in Doral at 2700 NW 87th Avenue to vote by absentee ballot from 1pm-5pm.

The elections department said any voter who shows up in the allotted window will be able to vote by absentee ballot. The voter did not have to request an absentee ballot ahead of time.

Any voter in line at 5pm will be allowed to vote.

Ecotic

My polling place is in rural Georgia and even in the evening on election day in 2004 and 2008 I had to wait in line for at most 10 minutes. These long lines are a crime, I can't imagine how many people get discouraged and go home. They're probably screwed over by GOP legislatures who are doing everything they can to make voting difficult for big cities and high population centers.

find me @inconspicuous and check out my follow list.
Hey thanks! I'm still gong down your list and choosing people.

voting.jpg

that picture is awesome and hilarious at the same time. That girl is playing the shit out of that ds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom