• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Measley

Lines in Florida have been extremely long. Someone on dkos said 9 hour wait for him.

Republicans reduced early voting days and hours for 2012, as it basically won Obama the state in 2008. 2008 EV was 14 days, this time it is 8 days. No Sunday EV and times reduced too.

Picture from the 9 hour guy, who do you think all these people are voting for?

voting.jpg

Wow, that's some serious diversity.

that picture is awesome and hilarious at the same time. That girl is playing the shit out of that ds.

i live 10 mins from this place.

this is off Florida International University.

There's swamp right behind there. bacteria grows overnight and the mornings smell like sewage until the sun comes up and cooks up the bacteria.

ivysaur12

Banned
PublicPolicyPolling ‏@ppppolls
Our final Missouri Gubernatorial poll finds Democrat Jay Nixon leading challenger Dave Spence 53-45

Our final Missouri Presidential poll finds Mitt Romney leading Barack Obama 53-45

Our final Missouri poll finds Claire McCaskill leading Todd Akin 48-44 with Libertarian Jonathan Dine at 6%

Lines in Florida have been extremely long. Someone on dkos said 9 hour wait for him.

Republicans reduced early voting days and hours for 2012, as it basically won Obama the state in 2008. 2008 EV was 14 days, this time it is 8 days. No Sunday EV and times reduced too.

Picture from the 9 hour guy, who do you think all these people are voting for?

voting.jpg
You know, FUCK ANY POLITICIAN THAT CUTS BACK ON EARLY VOTING DAYS/HOURS IF THERE ARE LINES MORE THAN 10 MINUTES LONG.

Maybe it is because I live in a wealthy area but I've never had to wait more than 15 minutes in the past 12 years. And since I've moved to where I currently am, I've never waited more than 3 minutes. It should be like that EVERYWHERE. It is FUCKING UNJUST that I get service like that yet I see massive lines elsewhere.

And any logistics person will tell you that early voting is good logistics & economics. It is very inefficient & expensive to have a one day thing where everyone is supposed to line up and do something. Spread that task out over time such that you reduce lines and you save money on ballot machines

Measley

Soon as they brought that up I switched the channel.

Yeah, Cory Booker tried to mitigate the bullshit, but he was drowned out by Scarborough and Co.

Why watch that dreck?

I watch it in the inane hope that I will glean something valuable from it. Neogaf, Facebook, Truthout, Twitter, Sam Wang, Nate Silver and others have shown me that network and cable news punditry is generally bullshit.

Effect

Any reports from Florida from people leaving the really long lines or are people actually and hopefully toughing them out?

edit: It's not like Obama needs Florida but it would be great to have. The more states the better in case something freaky happens. Also I want the win to be as decisive as possible.

Come Tuesday my sister and I are taking our grandparents first thing in the morning. When the polls open. Then off to vote for us and then work. Mother will be home early to vote and I assume that's when she and my dad are going to vote. She commutes to work in NYC. So hoping she doesn't have traffic. Better yet since she works in Manhattan I hope she still doesn't have to go in (do to her building still having power issues with their network) or takes a day off so she doesn't have to chance anything. That would be even better. That way all of us can go the very first thing in the morning. All six of us for Obama in Pennsylvania.

Any reports from Florida from people leaving the really long lines or are people actually and hopefully toughing them out?

edit: It's not like Obama needs Florida but it would be great to have. The more states the better in case something freaky happens. Also I want the win to be as decisive as possible.

Assuming that since lines are that long, most people are sticking to them.

Problem is how many people are not going because of how long the lines are?

Crisco

Banned
Dunno about you guys, but any mail that's even remotely political doesn't even make it through my garage door. Goes right into the recycle bin.

Measley

I complain all the time about people who dont vote, and even I dont think i would get in a line like that.

Yeah, that's why I'm glad they started early voting here in Ohio. I live in a very urban area, and our wait was less than 30 minutes. I don't know why Florida is making voting harder than it needs to be.

GhaleonEB

Since the GOP will hold the House, they'll just counter any claims of a mandate that Obama makes with their own: unified obstruction is what they did and were re-elected to do.

Effect

Dunno about you guys, but any mail that's even remotely political doesn't even make it through my garage door. Goes right into the recycle bin.

I've been tossing republican flyers into the recycle bin at the post office for about a month now. Every other day one shows up and it's the sam damn flier. Only got a dem one for the first time this past week. So annoying. I'm not the only one since the bins are filled with them. I just rip my address off (to shred later) and that of a my grandparents since I grab their mail for them as well and toss the rest away.

Which does bring up a very interesting issue. The republicans for the most part want the USPS gone. Yet they (state based republican parties) rely so heavily on it come elections. It doesn't make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom