• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISOM

20fivethirtyeight-poll-graf-custom1.png

Basically, I take PPP with a grain of salt because as far as I can tell its just liberal Rasmussen. PPP, like Rasmussen is an automated polling service that can't dial cell phones.

How is ppp's historical polling accuracy? I think they are pretty accurate based on past voting models.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
God I hate the faces Mitt Romney makes. He does this eye roll thing where he flips his head to the side while making speeches that drives me crazy. He tends to do it every time he says "12 million new jobs."

I can't say I have seen him speak at length without most of his expressions coming across as forced. His smiles generally look so disingenuous.

20fivethirtyeight-poll-graf-custom1.png

Basically, I take PPP with a grain of salt because as far as I can tell its just liberal Rasmussen. PPP, like Rasmussen is an automated polling service that can't dial cell phones.
PPP has a pretty solid track record though. Nate calculates house effects relative to other polls.

He also said recently that PPP's house effect is only about half a point in favor of the Democrats.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ppp has a smaller Lean now. I think that's old.

It is, that is from I believe July. It's the first one I could find, I don't think Nate has really talked about it since then. I don't think PPP was a known quantity in 2008 so who knows about their historical practices.

Angry Grimace

It's actually becoming not funny and sort of annoying that CNN simply refuses to report the news and just spends practically all of its time trying to paint everything as having two sides. There isn't two sides to the story that Romney is losing in the polls right now. It's a fact, not a political opinion. CNN is literally worthless now.

And yet GAF reviles Ras lol

That was only for the particular cycle then. Nate Silver has reported multiple times on the fact that Rasmussen has a significant pro-Republican slant.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Sarasota.

I like the weather down here. Especially since I bugged out right before Sandy hit.

I also think we can win it.

I live 30 minutes south of there :)

Weather has been nice for several days now.

It's actually becoming not funny and sort of annoying that CNN simply refuses to report the news and just spends practically all of its time trying to paint everything as having two sides. There isn't two sides to the story that Romney is losing in the polls right now. It's a fact, not a political opinion. CNN is literally worthless now.

Yeah well, when you are way behind in the ratings and you want viewership to think you're fair, things like this happen.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
kos said:
The usual baloney arrives here in Sarasota County, with the Supervisor of Elections ignoring state law, and making up her own rules for the administration of the election. First, they set up the North Port early voting office so that none of the poll watchers can observe the polling machines, even though state law provides that each candidate can have a poll watcher in the polling room during the voting. We negotiate, and get a chair outside the polling room, so we don't go to the Canvassing Board. I leave, and they now make the Democratic Poll Watchers sit away from any view of the polling. This directly violates state law.
Part 2. Early voting is in a very few sites in Sarasota County, and this morning there were long lines and waits. Don't you know, the site in Newton, an african american community loses its electricity this afternoon. How convenient. Remember, Kathy Dent, whose focused incompetence led to the thousands of undervotes that put Vern Buchanan into the house of representatives. Florida hasn't changed in 12 years, and it will be a fight here to keep the vote honest.
Keep the lines long.

Tim-E

If nothing else, the entire news media panting the election as being a dead heat means that less people will get too confident and not show up.

Angry Grimace

Yeah well, when you are way behind in the ratings and you want viewership to think you're fair, things like this happen.

The problem here is that they literally don't report the news, they report reactions to the news.

If nothing else, the entire news media panting the election as being a dead heat means that less people will get too confident and not show up.

I don't know, I've seen lots of reports that Romney is (currently) losing, just not on CNN.

A story on the bottom of that page helped me find Ryan.

ryansfampichalloween2.jpg

4 days ago
Politics can’t scare off Ryan from his appointed Halloween rounds

Janesville, Wisconsin (CNN) - Even in an election year, Republican vice presidential hopeful Paul Ryan stuck to a family trick-or-treat tradition.

On Wednesday, Mitt Romney's running mate held three rallies in his home state before he and wife, Janna, returned to Janesville to spend Halloween with their three children.

“We will go trick-or-treating on the same route we go every year, which is the same route I went on when I was a little guy," Ryan said earlier in Racine.

Ryan's 10-year-old daughter, Liza, donned a blue wig and dressed up as a tamer version of pop singer Katy Perry, who recently performed at a fundraiser for President Barack Obama.

Unrecognizable in a red cape and black mask, 9-year-old Charlie dressed up as the Unknown Phantom. Grim Reaper, 7-year-old Sam, included a scythe that his dad carried around so his son could collect candy.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...off-ryan-from-his-appointed-halloween-rounds/
Katy Perry almost wore Ryan on a costume . . . but he got cut-off.

katy-perry-obama-dress-fundraiser-concert.jpg

apana

I expect the most bitter, divisive, entitled speech we've ever heard.

Lets see, I don't think Romney is a bad guy. I think his supporters are the ones who are going to be bitter. To fair though most of the people on NeoGAF would be just as bitter if Romney won.

Took me a while to find this from Oct. 20:

It also adjusts the Public Policy Polling survey of Ohio slightly downward for Mr. Obama — but Public Policy Polling has lost most of the strong Democratic lean that it had earlier in the cycle, and it has even been on Mr. Romney’s side of the consensus in a few states like Iowa and New Hampshire. We now calculate their house effect as being only about half a percentage point in favor of Mr. Obama.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytime...-in-forecast-but-volatility-ahead/#more-36417

(The graph with the 3 point house effect was from mid June.)

Tendo

Something along the lines of "you people don't deserve me as your president"

I do expect something like this. "What is wrong with you? I would have saved this country!" He comes off as so pouty I'm looking forward to it.

I just hope it happens. The next 48 hours I'm going to be a mess.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I do expect something like this. "What is wrong with you? I would have saved this country!" He comes off as so pouty I'm looking forward to it.

I just hope it happens. The next 48 hours I'm going to be a mess.

Maybe he'll finally tell us his five point plan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom