• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Breaking: More noise!

RGBs0.png

RonPaulItsHappening.png

As much as salty tears about electoral map is appealing, I'd rather the Dems sweep so we can go to Clinton-esque policies.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Yeah, we probably will see a small bounce nationally from the debate and this "rape is a blessing from baby Jesush" stuff that the GOP keeps vomiting everywhere.

Anyone know good conservative forums? I want to see what their damage control is like.

I had a troll account on RaptureReady in 2008 where I pretended to be a kid in seminary school. Had a big ahuahuahuahuhauhuahuahuhauhuahuahuahuahuha where is your god now post lined up on election night but since they were approving each post before making them public they just permed me instead.

HylianTom

Banned
RonPaulItsHappening.png

As much as salty tears about electoral map is appealing, I'd rather the Dems sweep so we can go to Clinton-esque policies.
Hell, I know deep down in my heart that it's illogical, but I'm still hoping for a last-minute tilt towards the Democrats will form so that something resembling a wave election can get us really close in the House.

If this "Republican varieties of rape" thing gets more traction, I could see some voters getting disgusted once they recognize the GOP's disturbing pattern on this issue. And from what I hear, Obama will be addressing the issue on Leno tonight. Though I hate Leno, I'm still going to watch..

I'll give-up salty tears of the "electoral split" type in exchange for a "how-the-hell-did-he-get-a-mandate?-the-brown-folks-and-commies-have-stolen-our-country!" type.

HylianTom

Banned
Arithmetic! HA!

GOP's outrage after Harvey Weinstein's SEAL Team Six film on bin Laden take down was 're-cut to add MORE Obama footage'

President Obama will be featured front and center in an upcoming film which telling the story of the heroics of the elite SEAL team who brought down Osama bin Laden, thanks to heavy re-editing, it has been revealed.

SEAL Team Six: The Raid On Osama Bin Laden, backed by Academy Award-winning producer Harvey Weinstein, is set to air on November 4, two days before the election, and has been re-cut from its original format to feature more prominently the Commander-in-Chief. 

But news of the edit has sparked an outcry with some Republicans who alleged that Mr Weinstein, who is a known supporter of the president, is trying to sway the election.
(It's an article at an apparently banned British news site. Google the title, I guess?)

RDreamer

Saw 2 electronic billboards for Obama and saying to vote early or November 6th on the way back home from work today. Pretty awesome.

Silver didn't include pop tracker update just now either

Obama's favor abilities up too. Expect it to increase tomorrow. Hopefully other trackers continue his trend.

Arithmetic! HA!

GOP's outrage after Harvey Weinstein's SEAL Team Six film on bin Laden take down was 're-cut to add MORE Obama footage'

President Obama will be featured front and center in an upcoming film which telling the story of the heroics of the elite SEAL team who brought down Osama bin Laden, thanks to heavy re-editing, it has been revealed.

SEAL Team Six: The Raid On Osama Bin Laden, backed by Academy Award-winning producer Harvey Weinstein, is set to air on November 4, two days before the election, and has been re-cut from its original format to feature more prominently the Commander-in-Chief.

But news of the edit has sparked an outcry with some Republicans who alleged that Mr Weinstein, who is a known supporter of the president, is trying to sway the election.

(It's an article at an apparently banned British news site. Google the title, I guess?)

Two days before the election isn't nearly enough to affect anything.

witness

My mother still hasn't gotten her absentee ballot from Florida that I requested for her two weeks ago now. She's up in Massachusetts btw. She called the board of elections here yesterday, they swear they mailed her one and told her they are mailing her another one now. I believe she's registered as no party affiliation like most people here in central Florida. She's so excited to vote Obama again in this critical state, if only they can get her a ballot in a reasonable amount of time.....

Typically there's a good reason it was banned.

Here's a better source
Harvey Weinstein, a longtime Obama supporter, bought U.S. rights to SEAL Team Six: The Raid on Osama bin Laden in May and recently recut the film to boost Obama's presence by adding more archival footage of the president. The news was first reported in the New York Times.

PHOTOS: Hollywood's Special Forces

Nicolas Chartier's Voltage Pictures fully produced and financed the movie, which is directed by John Stockwell and chronicles the story of how the CIA and Navy SEALS tracked down Osama bin Laden and killed the infamous terrorist. The Voltage version also prominently featured the president, sources tell THR.

HylianTom

Banned
Those tears, can you smell them?
Trying to pick Republican tears is difficult. "Electoral split" tears are different from "they cheated" tears, which are different from "those-people-are-taking-over" tears. It's like trying to pick your favorite ice cream, when you love all of these varieties.. mmm..

Typically there's a good reason it was banned.
I don't doubt it. :p

Two days before the election isn't nearly enough to affect anything.
I noticed this, too. Pretty interesting that they'd freak over something with such low impact potential.

(edit: thanks for the better source, Rusty!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom