• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
xvzBs.png

rW8EP.png

Slime

Banned
After nearly a month of anxiety, today is such a fucking relief. I don't even care if these polls don't mean anything in the end, I'm just glad there's actually (dare I say it) good news for Obama.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Again, I'll wait for non-PPP firm polls. Their dem lean/house effect is what, 1-2%?

Eh? I thought they had a R-lean.

Half a point per Nate Silver.

That's also relative to other polls. Their house effect in 2010 measured against the actual results favored the Republicans.

Thought so. Leave it to PD to shit on everything. Nice try, though!

I want this over with. It's like waiting for Christmas morning now.

A continuance of my earlier story of my friend (black) being told, "Use your Christian principles and not your skin color in the voting booth."

She explained that as she just graduated with a masters in early education, related programs were very important to her. And that thus, she used that to make her voting decisions.

An older white lady interjected and said, "I just voted for Obama now, because I need medicare there for me!"

Flawless. (too bad they're in TN)

Bowdz

I still can't believe Reid won by 6% in 2010. All the polls except one had him down in october 2010. RCP average was +2.7% for Angle. I suppose a lot of the polling was done by R leaning outfits, but still that's a bit stunning.

This is what I hope happens to Obama. Everywhere.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I'm sure CNN will explain why the Mittmentum is still proceeding.
Wolf Blitzer just said that even though polls show Obama "with a slight edge" in Ohio, Romney leads with Independents, and if that holds, he'll win the state.

How does it feel to sell out, CNN?

I want this over with. It's like waiting for Christmas morning now.

A continuance of my earlier story of my friend (black) being told, "Use your Christian principles and not your skin color in the voting booth."

She explained that as she just graduated with a masters in early education, related programs were very important to her. And that thus, she used that to make her voting decisions.

An older white lady interjected and said, "I just voted for Obama now, because I need medicare there for me!"

Flawless. (too bad they're in TN)
Man, white people are so fucking condescending. The "Obama only won because he's black" meme is so stupidly persistent.

What the hell?
CNN's little death spiral is so amusing just because it isn't a network anyone actually cares about.

The Reid machine in Nevada is incredible. He has the best ground game of anyone in politics outside Obama.

In the words of John Kerry:

"Politico was wrong, Huffington Post was wrong, hell, all the pundits were wrong. Harry Reid isn't just Dracula, he isn't just Lazarus, he's our Leader and our whole caucus is thrilled that he's unbreakable and unbeatable."

Man, white people are so fucking condescending. The "Obama only won because he's black" meme is so stupidly persistent.

agreed. The way in which the media reports that the vote somehow means less because it's from a coalition of blacks, latinos, and young people instead of white people is actually very offensive.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Mittmentum doesn't even mean anything. The only real game at this point is GOTV and Mittmentum fake or not works both ways.

coldfoot

Banned
Will be mailing mine in when it arrives. NJ 9th represent...
Needless to say, the fact that we have ballot request forms in 3 languages is probably pretty self explanatory in which direction we lean. White/black people are actually quite rare here. It's mostly Asian/Hispanic/Middle Eastern.

Tim-E

I tried to explain to some co-workers that the reason that Obama does so much better with minorities is because democratic policies are far more favorable to them and there's a history that shows this, but they just kept repeating that it was because he was black. Also, Obama doesn't understand how a budget works and the proof is because of Solyndra. And he also gets the BLS to cook the books.

Again, I'll wait for non-PPP firm polls. Their dem lean/house effect is what, 1-2%?

Not sure if you are talking about silver's model, but Pollster has their house effect at about one quarter of one percent. FWIW, they don't poll cell phones, which probably keeps them near the center of the distribution even though they are a dem pollster.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/simon-jackman/house-effects-by-back-by-_b_2007907.html
So every PPP state poll went up, and Ras state polls went up, Not sure if that's real movement, or statistical noise, but either way, it's good news for obama
BAD NEWS
, as he's either steady or expanding.

HylianTom

Banned
Man.. if the WSJ polls confirm PPP.. we could see some big-time overdose cases here.

Right now, I've gotta fight the urge to troll my relatives. I've never wanted a Facebook account, ever, until today. Gotta remain quietly, smugly confident, and continue to point only at the map when the subject of "the race" comes-up. Oh yes..

Tim-E

Man.. if the WSJ polls confirm PPP.. we could see some overdose cases.

Right now, I've gotta fight the urge to troll my relatives. I've never wanted a Facebook account, ever, until today. Gotta remain quietly, smugly confident, and continue to point only at the map when the subject of "the race" comes-up. Oh yes..

That's what I've resorted to doing. The republicans I know are SO confident that Romney is going to win, and whenever I bring up the electoral college they swing right back to national polls. The best thing to do is just smile and let them get it out, because it will only make the salt that much more delicious.

And his thugs to mess with pollsters, though I guess that's stopped working now.

The thugs have moved onto the BLS.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I'm not the hugest fan of MSNBC's unabashed left-wing slant, but with CNN pulling all their shit, it's the only choice I have left.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
That's what I've resorted to doing. The republicans I know are SO confident that Romney is going to win, and whenever I bring up the electoral college they swing right back to national polls. The best thing to do is just smile and let them get it out, because it will only make the salt that much more delicious.

The thugs have moved onto the BLS.

I am shocked that Republicans haven't realized how absolutely screwed they are going forward in national elections. They can exist as a local party and still win the south, surburban areas, and rural parts of the country, but unless they start being an inclusive party, they are going to go the way of the Whigs and such.

Ras has Obama +5 in Pa which means like +7/8. Wonder if Romney still thinks it is in play.

PPP's poll took NC out of Romney electoral map on RCP. haha. Pa could move back to Obama with one more good poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom