• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-E

Obama ads are literally on during every commercial break here where I live in West Virginia. There's market overlap with Ohio and I'm assuming WV rates are much cheaper. Just because Obama is spending money here doesn't mean that Romney's chances here are slipping away. The same can be said for Obama's chances in Minnesota.

You guys literally will look for any reason to be upset.

Isn't the most likely explanation for increased media buys in uncontested states just a matter of having a shitload of money and only 10 days left until the election?

No need to be stingy at this point in the game.

Owzers

Isn't the most likely explanation for increased media buys in uncontested states just a matter of having a shitload of money and only 10 days left until the election?

should use all that money on a 30 minute spot again to combat Romney's potential one Xo

pigeon

Banned
That Lena Dunham ad is lame as hell. Who is that supposed to win over?

People who are offended by the people who are offended by it?

I don't get the hatred, I thought it was super cute. Again, Reagan made the same joke thirty years ago and I don't see anybody complaining about him.

Diablos

LOL @ McCain making Powell the scapegoat for Iraq.
McCain is such a bitter old troll.

Eh, WI is assumed to be about as safe as PA, so it's troubling that they are running ads there.

thefro

LOL @ McCain making Powell the scapegoat for Iraq.

lol, since when did McCain think that going into Iraq was a bad idea?

He was one of the biggest cheerleaders for that war and said in 2008 that it hadn't been handled properly after they took out Saddam but that it was the right thing to do.

If this were any other Democratic candidate, McCain would be keeping his mouth shut.

It's just a personal vendetta against the dude who trounced him four years ago.

John McCain seems to always make a statement that screams "Wow, I can see myself respecting you."

Then he says some dumbfuck shit that reminds me how much of a douchebag he is.

Effect

No longer focusing on the polls as they come out. Just going to be checking FiveThirtyEight. Better to see and view the overall picture then the day to day noise and possibly get freaked out about it. Now that Obama is back into the 70s and you can easily see the trend line I'm okay. As long as the get out of the vote is strong things should be okay. The best I can do this year has been to donate and I'll keep doing that even though it's little.

RDreamer

That Lena Dunham ad is lame as hell. Who is that supposed to win over?

Probably viewers of her show, and just other random people that think it's fun and/or interesting? It's just a web ad, right?

She probably wanted to help out and do an ad for Obama, and that's what she came up with. It probably didn't cost much more than some guy with a decent camera and a couple minutes of her time and some editing. Who gives a fuck?

I know :( I voted Bush in 2004 also. Use to be a dedicated Fox Bews watcher, Laura Ingraham, Hannity, and Beck listener too.

I know that feel, bro. I voted for Bush in 2004. I was changed enough by 08 to vote Obama, though. I never really got into the Fox News stuff, though. I was just still conservative from my father's influences.

Joe Donnelly has a 7 point lead over Richard Mourdock per his internal.

Mourdock countered by releasing his own internal... Where he's tied!

So I think Donnelly's gonna win this one.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

That would be amazing. While one could easily speculate, I would hesitate to claim that Mourdock's abortion comment was the lone cause. Donnelly has been running commercials using the term "Tea Party Zealot" to describe Mourdock and painting him has politically insane and they've been really effective.

so... the democrats are actually going to gain in the senate when they had to defend 23 seats in the first place.

That would be amazing. While one could easily speculate, I would hesitate to claim that Mourdock's abortion comment was the lone cause. Donnelly has been running commercials using the term "Tea Party Zealot" to describe Mourdock and painting him has politically insane and they've been really effective.
Well hitherto the polls have been mostly tied with a lot of undecideds. This is the first one where either candidate has really broken away.

eBay huckster said:
so... the democrats are actually going to gain in the senate when they had to defend 23 seats in the first place.
Sounds plausible. NE is the only for-sure loss and countered out by ME. ND and MT are still toss-ups but look like Dem advantage in both, while MO, WI, VA all seem good now. Then MA looks like Warren's to lose, IN, and NV and AZ are possible pickups.

Gallup showing an electorate of R+1 explains so much. This is contrary to every pollster out there including Rasmussen. It explains why their results lean so much for Romney. No they aren't weighting it but their belief of what the electorate is is different than what everyone we shows. Again, probably from numbers coming out of the South.

Right leaning state polls still not showing Romney ahead in swing states.

RDreamer

Just how many polls have been done for Indiana, anyway? I'm not saying Obama could flip it, but with the attention on Mourdock and Romney still endorsing him and combining that with the apparently 50% rise in early voting, that could get interesting.

Jackson50

WTF...Minnesota. Really?
Yes. The Obama campaign is awash in funding, and they are already maximizing their efforts in the swing states. So it's not a substantial opportunity cost. Moreover, they often coordinate with other Democratic organizations. Perhaps their decision is an attempt to bolster support for down-ballot elections; it would be nice to flip Bachmann's district.
Both Obama and Romney dumping money into Minn means it is closer than conventional wisdom there.
Dear Jesus, no. Romney's "dump" is a mere pittance.
McCain Dumps On Powell Again: He ‘Got Us Into Iraq’

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...-again-he-got-us-into-iraq.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

Oh he did it by himself huh?
He did contribute. So endorsing Obama is only the beginning of his penance.

pigeon

Banned
I just saw a photo of the Ohio senate race for the first time.

Why are the Republicans running Doogie Howser? Isn't he busy nowadays?

Bowdz

That would be one of the most delicious senate win of the season IMO. Mourdock and the Tea Party oust a moderate Republican (and damn good Senator IMO) because he worked with Obama => Republicans lose the Senate seat for being too extreme.

RDreamer

I just saw a photo of the Ohio senate race for the first time.

Why are the Republicans running Doogie Howser? Isn't he busy nowadays?

I saw Mandel yesterday and had to do a double take. He looks crazy younger than he actually is. I thought they were interviewing some high school kid about Mourdock's rape comments when I flipped the channel on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom