• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Yes. Romney announced that as President he will fully embrace Keynesian economic policy and raise the top tax rate to where it was in 1960.

He would get my vote and I would even help some of my less-fortunate (and frankly deceased) neighbors to vote as well. :p

Effect

So did Romney give his big speech yet?

I think so but doubt it's going to matter. The evening news is likely going to focus on the oncoming storm. The websites for CBS, NBC, ABC all have big headlines about the storm. How can the media even talk about Romney's speech without admitting he's copying Obama as well. I'm curious if that will get ignored, especially after that's all he did in the last debate. He also made it in a state that has been getting hit all year with ads from Obama about Romney's positions. Doubt people will switch or fall for Romney's new lie. He would have been beter off doing it in another state.

Cheebo

Banned
I thought Cheebs said ABC moved toward Romney.

Yesterday it did, today is looking good with ABC, hopefully Obama pulls the lead in ABC tomorrow. They are the only tracker I put stock in since it is the only one using live calling and one of the big name network pollsters. If they show Obama in the lead on election day I will be a very happy boy.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
At this point it seems like the best Democratic strategy is to just insist that the Republican opponent state his position on rape and abortion and you will instantly gain 10 points based on whatever they say

Loudninja

I think so but doubt it's going to matter. The evening news is likely going to focus on the oncoming storm. The websites for CBS, NBC, ABC all have big headlines about the storm. How can the media even talk about Romney's speech without admitting he's copying Obama as well. I'm curious if that will get ignored, especially after that's all he did in the last debate.
Damn no one is talking about it at all.

Its not just the storm it like it never happened.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.ukprogressive.co.uk/breaking-retired-nsa-analyst-proves-gop-is-stealing-elections/article20598.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEzY2tnwExs

This is some more about that supposed study that was breifly talked about at the beginning of the thread. I am not saying its definitely true, but just the possibility of it is scarey.

I am am quite scared Romney will win the election and this could be why.

onoz-omg.gif

Puddles

Banned
Intrade's comment section is interesting. There is one prominent liberal (Supak) who is basically the empty_vessel of their board, along with a few dozen conservatives. The conservatives are now predicting that Romney has a "hidden landslide" in place for the election. It seems the right is 100% aboard the Gallup train, and they're convinced that the state polls will start moving towards the Gallup poll any day now. It's been said before, but those will be some salty tears on November 6th.

HylianTom

Banned
Nate sez:

This is really a more dramatic statement than it might look, since the state polls are done by a variety of different pollsters. Nate is saying that Romney's best hope is that there's a fundamental misunderstanding of the electorate that is causing every single poll to misread the state of the game.

In other words, Romney should be hoping that the polls are...skewed.
Yeah, they're skewed alright - by the South.

If the discrepancy between swing state and national polling doesn't have some sort of resolution soon.. oh my..

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The storm is going to take full headlines this weekend, but I don't know how those economic numbers are going to play - Romney's downplaying it as too slow of growth, but Obama's pointing to growth continuing.

RiZ III

I get the sense that the right hates Obama so much that if he does win, there will be major protests and possibly riots. Also Romney seems to reaaaaaally want this bad. Not only has he ran twice now, but he also keeps changing his positions out of desperation to win. Now if he does lose very narrowly, I can't imagine what kind of concession speech he would give.

Angry Grimace

Intrade's comment section is interesting. There is one prominent liberal (Supak) who is basically the empty_vessel of their board, along with a few dozen conservatives. The conservatives are now predicting that Romney has a "hidden landslide" in place for the election. It seems the right is 100% aboard the Gallup train, and they're convinced that the state polls will start moving towards the Gallup poll any day now. It's been said before, but those will be some salty tears on November 6th.

There isn't any sane reason to believe that it would move that way and not the other way around. Besides, the status quo is only a statistical improbability and for that matter its an easily understandable possibility.

Clevinger

Wow...really? Was there a moment of clarity...I mean, how do you lift the veil of crazy?

I was somewhat similar to him, but thankfully I didn't vote back then. I had to listen to Hannity and Rush at work when I was young, then a couple years later when I got a new job and stopped listening to them and started actually looking up the things they were saying, I realized it was all bullshit.

I think Hannity and co are a huge, huge reason why this country is so fucked up right now.

Wow...really? Was there a moment of clarity...I mean, how do you lift the veil of crazy?

Actually was with the help of some folks in PoliGAF. Happened around the health care reform debate. Just was tired of the obstructionism that the GOP was performing at every single turn. My feelings on gay marriage was evolving as well. But it was the health care form debate and how the GOP was acting that really was the final nail.

border

Source?What? Romney just purchased $30,000 in ads. That means it's closer than the conventional wisdom.

Conventional wisdom? Romney has not been favored in a single poll of the state. Hasn't even come close. Ever.

I can't say why he's choosing to throw dollars at Minnesota, but I think months of polling is a better measure of the race than one candidate's decision to spend money there is.

Angry Grimace

RCP stopped using this poll in their average. I knew they were a right-wing site with the articles and MI and PA as tossups but I thought the numbers were legit
They are using it. You probably caught he site as it was updating. It's in there now.

More good state polling.

LosDaddie

Banned
Actually was with the help of some folks in PoliGAF. Happened around the health care reform debate. Just was tired of the obstructionism that the GOP was performing at every single turn. My feelings on gay marriage was evolving as well. But it was the health care form debate and how the GOP was acting that really was the final nail.

My turn started right after I landed my first job after graduating from FSU, being in meetings, and watching the company execs chuckle about reducing worker benefits, but certainly not their expensive European vacations every year.

Good for you, man :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom