• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

ohkay

Man, I definitely don't have it anymore. I miss the old site just so I know when it sells out and I can stop trying

Greyvvolf

Has Mondo said anything about shipping the Mad Max prints? My order is still "unfulfilled".
What prints did you order for Mad Max? I received a shipping confirmation for Mike's Mad Max portraits yesterday. You'll probably get a shipping email soon.

I was able to get the Lil' Mikey variant from Mondo and Snake (EWAF) from Jason Edmiston today.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
How long has it been just one each?

For the Ansin AoU, I think it took me an hour to actually buy it. I must've gotten the second to last one.

Edit: Goonies officially sold out.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
That was pretty brutal.

Also, Mike Mitchell Mad Max/Joe prints are definitely shipping this week. I got my confirmation earlier.

Meier

For some reason the text came through like 40 minutes after the tweet. Had no clue. No big deal really as I couldn't care less about The Goonies. Would have been nice trade bait though. :(

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
His movie prints do.

In other news, I am now joining every Ise Ananphada commision with space in it.

I tried to join one a little while back through listerfeend but no clue if it worked?

If you know of any aside from the MGS one, I'd totally be interested!

fallengorn

Finally gotten around to flattening my Stout Ultron I picked up at NYCC. Really disappointed with the paper quality. A lot thinner than I was expecting. Paper wasn't cut well either. Flattening it on top of another print, noticeably shy of 24x36.

Sushigod7

Finally gotten around to flattening my Stout Ultron I picked up at NYCC. Really disappointed with the paper quality. A lot thinner than I was expecting. Paper wasn't cut well either. Flattening it on top of another print, noticeably shy of 24x36.

Yeah hearing this from others too strange they went with thinner paper etc. Also the reg looks pretty dark and muddy not to sad I missed it.

Is it thinner than other stout prints?

fallengorn

Just for reference, which ones do you own? Cause some Stouts are on pretty thin paper. I think Reservoir Dogs reg's paper was pretty thin. Maybe Attack the block reg as well.

Just the Goonies and Robocop.

Edit: It's noticeably lighter. The only thing comparable that I have is this Jay Shaw Short Circuit print from Bottleneck.

IronRinn

Available Wednesday, October 28th at 3pm GMT from Black Dragon Press

SunRa1000px.160223.jpg

"Space is the Place" by Kilian Eng.

70cm x 100cm 7-colour screen print on 270gsm Bread and Butter archival paper, printed by White Duck Screenprint. Hand-numbered edition of 125 (less online) with a gallery stamp on the reverse, £60

Wow, that looks amazing. Definitely wasn't expecting to see a Sun Ra print. I think I'm going to have to get that.

I'm so glad this is a jazz print which hopefully means most people won't be interested.

The problem is it looks so good people might want to pick it up even if they don't know who he is, haha.

omgkitty

I'm so glad this is a jazz print which hopefully means most people won't be interested.

Wow, that looks amazing. Definitely wasn't expecting to see a Sun Ra print. I think I'm going to have to get that.

The problem is it looks so good people might want to pick it up even if they don't know who he is, haha.

I mean this literally might be his best print, so I wouldn't doubt it.

IronRinn

Not sure how many BDP will have, as they're also being sold at the retrospective at the Nottingham Contemporary. It's a seriously great print. Eng nailed it.

omgkitty

Not sure how many BDP will have, as they're also being sold at the retrospective at the Nottingham Contemporary. It's a seriously great print. Eng nailed it.

Yeah they say it's only a run of 125 with I'd assume probably half of those at the museum. They also say they expect these to go quickly.

I am looking for some artful posters of Studio Ghibli movies for my girlfriend as a christmas present. Her favourite movies are My Neighbour Totoro and Princess Mononoke. I live in Europe (germany), so it should not cost too much, shipping from the US is mostly very expensive. Any suggestions are welcome :) Mondo and some other shops are already sold out on Ghibli stuff unfortunately.

∇NKNOWN SHΔPE;182690633 said:
I am looking for some artful posters of Studio Ghibli movies for my girlfriend as a christmas present. Her favourite movies are My Neighbour Totoro and Princess Mononoke. I live in Europe (germany), so it should not cost too much, shipping from the US is mostly very expensive. Any suggestions are welcome :) Mondo and some other shops are already sold out on Ghibli stuff unfortunately.

Bottleneck has a couple Ghibli prints leftover from NYCC, the two movies you're looking for actually!

http://www.bottleneckgallery.com/collections/nycc-2015/products/kharmazero-princess-monokiki

http://www.bottleneckgallery.com/collections/nycc-2015/products/kharmazero-the-big-friend

Both are limited to 50 and have been on sale for awhile now, so I wouldn't wait too long if you're getting them. Don't know about shipping costs though.

∇NKNOWN SHΔPE;182690633 said:
Any suggestions are welcome :) Mondo and some other shops are already sold out on Ghibli stuff unfortunately.

A lot of pop culture prints are limited runs that sell out the same week they're released, sadly. But you can always scour the internet for people who do mass runs or have a print store that will print orders as they come in.

Alice Zhang has some nice prints for Ghibli:

And Hero Complex has some stunners as well:

Hope that's a good start! Have fun hunting!

Filthy Slug

Just got my Mike Mitchell Max and Joe set from Mondo. They look great, especially Max. The yellow painted background works perfectly.

Available Wednesday, October 28th at 3pm GMT from Black Dragon Press

"Space is the Place" by Kilian Eng.

70cm x 100cm 7-colour screen print on 270gsm Bread and Butter archival paper, printed by White Duck Screenprint. Hand-numbered edition of 125 (less online) with a gallery stamp on the reverse, £60

this is such a good piece of art but that text placement is kind of whack

so close to perfection

and yet so far

Another good one from Eng. The Van Loon is nice too, and I usually don't dig his stuff. Lineup is a good one:

Should be some cool stuff coming out of this one.
god I love living in Austin. Will most def check this out and go to the opening

Bottleneck has a couple Ghibli prints leftover from NYCC, the two movies you're looking for actually!

http://www.bottleneckgallery.com/collections/nycc-2015/products/kharmazero-princess-monokiki

http://www.bottleneckgallery.com/collections/nycc-2015/products/kharmazero-the-big-friend

Both are limited to 50 and have been on sale for awhile now, so I wouldn't wait too long if you're getting them. Don't know about shipping costs though.
oh these are wonderful

A lot of pop culture prints are limited runs that sell out the same week they're released, sadly. But you can always scour the internet for people who do mass runs or have a print store that will print orders as they come in.

Alice Zhang has some nice prints for Ghibli:

And Hero Complex has some stunners as well:

Hope that's a good start! Have fun hunting!
ahhh those first three is hella good

that 4th is pretty meh tho.

Filthy Slug

∇NKNOWN SHΔPE;182788898 said:
After a bit of search I found a site which sells most of the Ghibli-posters you recommended (and many more), which are also sold from the UK.
http://www.redbubble.com/

I don´t know about their quality, but the prices are cheaper and if you are from europe you can save some money on the delivery costs.

If they're the same as any posted previously, they're definitely bootlegs. Those were all done for specific galleries and have limited runs, so just a heads up.

If they're the same as any posted previously, they're definitely bootlegs. Those were all done for specific galleries and have limited runs, so just a heads up.

this is why you should only put low res versions of your posters online

not thatll itll stop any determined person but it can make it more difficult

Top Bottom