• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

Which one?

Haitus Kayote - Choose your Weapon. They're pretty indie so they're not recognized (yet).

Haitus-Kaiyote-500x375.jpg

Did you actually give the Pinkprint a listen or are you saying this just cause?

Do we have to fully listen to albers we drag? This is PopGAF isn't it?

But no. I've heard Get On Your Knees which is cute I guess as well as the singles which are all trash. I took a quick listen to The Night Is Still Young when it was getting praise around here and I can only assume it was being done ironically. I then made the decision to not damage my ears any further by listening to Onika's drivel.

5JXAzPs.gif

Do we have to fully listen to albers we drag? This is PopGAF isn't it?

But no. I've heard Get On Your Knees which is cute I guess as well as the singles which are all trash. I took a quick listen to The Night Is Still Young when it was getting praise around here and I can only assume it was being done ironically. I then made the decision to not damage my ears any further by listening to Onika's drivel.
so you didn't.

it's Nicki's best album but okay continue supporting people going after her for no reason at all I guess. She had nothing to do with this TIDAL shit, why doesn't the article mention any male that was in that shitty video for TIDAL? The power of having a dick I guess.

Floridian

Lol I bet Jackie won't even be better than Dawn Richards. It'll probably have 1-2 good songs then the rest will be filler like usual.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Body Party is literally better than whatever piss RHat decided to flush today on iTunes so dont come for Ciara when your no longer in the top 100 fave has spent most of her career being pressed over her, a tragic Wii U mess she is

tumblr_mlsgt5qJSi1qb4r43o1_500.jpg

Floridian

Body Party is literally better than whatever piss RHat decided to flush today on iTunes so dont come for Ciara when your no longer in the top 100 fave has spent most of her career being pressed over her, a tragic Wii U mess she is

tumblr_mlsgt5qJSi1qb4r43o1_500.jpg

Pressed over what? LOL Rih is 10x more successful than Ciara will ever be, she's not worried about her. Dead @ Swift fans wanting to talk about music quality when her generic trash is worse than both Ci & Rih.

KETJVyH.png

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
lord the boats are giving me Mehval stain levels of delusion

It is known that when Rhat developed an addiction to pencil lead she fumed over anything Ciara this was proven already

and as for your last point

VPW9a33.png

aWIO4Ps.png

so pls do your research before you quote me again

ibceaCufCRJJ8M.gif

Floridian

lord the boats are giving me Mehval stain levels of delusion

It is known that when Rhat developed an addiction to pencil lead she fumed over anything Ciara this was proven already

and as for your last point

VPW9a33.png

aWIO4Ps.png

so pls do your research before you quote me again

Oops, I quoted again.

So basically Ciara feeling some type of way at a party they've both been in means Rih's fumed? Umm ok.

As for the "metascore" a.k.a the Plan B desperate attempt at trying to prove anything;
3/4 of Taylor's albums have been country/pop and pretty safe in general. Pop albums generally get scored lower than country albums. You're also comparing 4 albums to 7, in which during half the time they weren't even of the same genre, so that's a pretty useless comparison. And metascore average doesn't equate to quality objectively. If it did, I could just drag Taylor with my other faves that have a higher score than her. I know swifties only rely on sales & success, but as an artist Swift is as plain as it comes.

rude

Banned
Honestly, Ciara's discography takes a massive dump on Rihanna's. Sorry bout it. You can gabble and guffaw all day long about how Rihanna is this or that, but at the end of the day Ciara just has better tracks. That's really all there is to say about that.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
yet Taylor's pop album is rated higher than any of rhat's
lmao.gif

your whole genre argument falls apart when urban albums tend to rate higher than others
which rhat has 2 and she still can best Taylor's highest album

there is no excuse so your OT minded argument is dismissed especially when not only sales but reviews, awards, and the GP agree that Taylor is better than rhat, your fave just makes trash music
sorry.gif

Styles

lmao.gif

your whole genre argument falls apart when urban albums tend to rate higher than others

there is no excuse so your OT minded argument is dismissed especially when not only sales but reviews, awards, and the GP agree that Taylor is better than rhat, your fave just makes trash music
sorry.gif

go in.

This is the best OT after Aguila's OT
45232bf49b.gif
In my years of lurking POPGAF and finally joining on OT-X this is the most boring OT. Soulscribe did an awesome job with the OP but every page is literally a repeat of the last one.

Maybe once R8 releases it won't be an absolute chore to read.
Roy was right tbh

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
In my years of lurking POPGAF and finally joining on OT-X this is the most boring OT. Soulscribe did an awesome job with the OP but every page is literally a repeat of the last one.

:/

News have been pretty scarce and not many random new artist popping up that appeal the community and the big girls have been kinda disappointing for a while so the repeats tend to happen when there is nothing tbh.

i6aOX1CJOQHFx.gif

He ate my heart
He ate my heart
Instead he’s a monster in my bed

I want to Just Dance
But he took me home instead
Uh oh! There was a monster in my bed
We french kissed on a subway train
He tore my clothes right off

He ate my heart and then he ate my brain

Hooooooooh ohh

ibdI45f08pvs7Z.gif

iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif

Floridian

lmao.gif

sorry.gif

Wow, 1 or 2 higher than Rated R. What a huge difference.
I'm pretty sure country albums are higher represented than urban albums in terms of meta-reception.

Sales - Taylor isn't above Rih in sales overall. None of her albums have even yet to outsell GGGB worldwide.
sorry.gif

Awards? lol, let's take the grammies for example.
Taylor - 4
Rih - 8
sorry.gif

GP - Currently Taylor is the U.S force, but she hasn't surpassed Rih on a global scale. Taylor has never been a risk-taker with her music and has been safe and well-liked by White America. Rihanna has experienced tons of backlash before from the GP yet still remains popular. They're both respected artists so don't let hate fool you.

Your opinion is that her music sucks, but talk to me when Taylor has an "Umbrella" or "We Found Love"
sorry.gif

3phemeral

i6aOX1CJOQHFx.gif

He ate my heart
He ate my heart
Instead he’s a monster in my bed

I want to Just Dance
But he took me home instead
Uh oh! There was a monster in my bed
We french kissed on a subway train
He tore my clothes right off

He ate my heart and then he ate my brain

Hooooooooh ohh

ibdI45f08pvs7Z.gif

iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif

Welcome.

3BcKyl

Floridian

Maybe once R8 releases it won't be an absolute chore to read.
Roy was right tbh

Mau can come back anytime, lol. I feel like i've been doing the work for him with the rih stanning and feel like i'm on my own (which isn't necessarily a problem) when certain peeps want to cause trouble.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

wow @ the lack of facts, did I not SAID to not quote me until you did your research. We know Rhii U did not graduate high school but there is no need to channel her

Wow, 1 or 2 higher than Rated R. What a huge difference.
I'm pretty sure country albums are higher represented than urban albums in terms of meta-reception.

Sales - Taylor isn't above Rih in sales overall. None of her albums have even yet to outsell GGGB worldwide.
sorry.gif

excuse me? Fearless sold 10 M WW while GGGB did an estimated 9 M

Awards? lol, let's take the grammies for example.
Taylor - 4
Rih - 8
sorry.gif

Taylor has 7 which she won on her own and not by hoping unto a homophobic rapper's song for relevancy. Not to mention she won AOTY something rhat her lack of artistic integrity will never achieve

GP - Currently Taylor is the U.S force, but she hasn't surpassed Rih on a global scale. Taylor has never been a risk-taker with her music and has been safe and well-liked by White America. Rihanna has experienced tons of backlash before from the GP yet still remains popular. They're both respected artists so don't let hate fool you.

Your opinion is that her music sucks, but talk to me when Taylor has an "Umbrella" or "We Found Love"
sorry.gif

this is all opinionated drivel, we all know singles are the only thing Rhii U has (or had
lmao.gif
) so I guess the boats can keep that while Taylor can keep higher album sales, tour sales, awards, etc
you can try to white shame Taylor all you want while ignoring that one of her highest markets is Asia something your fave will never crack
sorry.gif

lastly:

Rihanna has experienced tons of backlash before from the GP yet still remains popular.

Crtl + F American Oxygen

rihheadiijq6.gif

Floridian

wow @ the lack of facts, did I not SAID to not quote me until you did your research. We know Rhii U did not graduate high school but there is no need to channel her

No need for the lies nor personal insults here.

GGGB did more than 9M. And Record sales Rih > Swift, but Rih does have the benefit of having more albums though.

Taylor has 7 which she won on her own and not by hoping unto a homophobic rapper's song for relevancy. Not to mention she won AOTY something rhat her lack of artistic integrity will never achieve

Urban/Pop albums usually aren't rewarded AOTY. Taylor managed to do it with one of her safe country albums. Rih won an grammy for Unapologetic album as a whole so she doesn't 100% rely on collabs.

this is all opinionated drivel, we all know singles are the only thing Rhii U has (or had
lmao.gif
) so I guess the boats can keep that while Taylor can keep higher album sales, tour sales, awards, etc
you can try to white shame Taylor all you want while ignoring that one of her highest markets is Asia something your fave will never crack
sorry.gif

Cool, Rihanna is a singles artist. Who's surprised by that really? I wasn't trying to white shame, just stating the obvious. Rih may not have as much as a strong pull in Asia as Taylor, but she has the U.K market while Taylor can't even a #1 song there.
U like the song too? That's great.

lmao.gif
sorry.gif

lastly:

Crtl + F American Oxygen

rihheadiijq6.gif

iMHi3ez0JSvOC.gif

It is known. It is done.

Am I just a fool?
Blind and stupid for loving you
Am I just a silly girl?
So young and naive to think you were
The one who came to take claim of this heart
Cold-hearted, shame you'll remain just afraid in the dark

(And now the people)
The people are talking, the people are saying
That you have been playing my heart like a grand piano
The people are talking, the people are saying
That you have been playing my heart like a grand piano
So play on, play on, play on
Play on, play on, play on
Play on, play on, play on
Play on, play on

S L A Y me Onika ;__;

3phemeral

Welcome to the crying game where you lose your soul
Where it ain't no easy pass, you got to use the toll
Ain't no cruise control, you 'bout to lose control
Ain't no smilin' faces here, we slammin' doors and dishes
Sayin' we don't miss each other, but it's all fictitious
Sayin' that we had enough, but enough of what?
Another slap to the face, another uppercut
I'm just abusive by nature, not cause I hate ya
Not cause I wanna get someone to imitate ya
I know it's hard, I know I intimidate ya
But is you stayin' or goin'?
I couldn't breathe and you ain't even know it
How come you never show it?
All this love you speak of
All I want is to love and be loved
(To love and be loved)

The Slaying Game ;____;

Status